Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 130360 times)

abusive

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1770 on: July 03, 2022, 05:26:51 AM »
is it winter in United States? why everybody wearing jackets and winter cloths?
its funny you said that because for some reason that caught my attention too.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

abusive

« Reply #1771 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:18 AM »

we can go back to the 80s and see rick rubin wasn’t really making beats and being credited as producer

same wit puffy, kanye and many others

in comparison, dre not only makes beats on top of producing the beats of others, more importantly he conceptualizes tracks from inception to completion, and his vision is what guides the entire process. the way a dre song is structured, layered, recorded, mixed etc. is pretty much 100% dependent on him. he is extremely particular with every last sound that makes the track, from instrumentation, to drums, to vocals. basically, the ultimate producer.

We can go back to the seventies and see the guy who made the beat being considered the producer. I stopped reading when you mentioned Dre. My post literally had nothing to do with Dre and everything to do with what I quoted.

Sccit

« Reply #1772 on: July 03, 2022, 08:42:58 AM »
We can go back to the seventies and see the guy who made the beat being considered the producer. I stopped reading when you mentioned Dre. My post literally had nothing to do with Dre and everything to do with what I quoted.

in the 70s there weren’t others overseeing, composing, arranging tracks. so your point is moot. keep reading now.

abusive

« Reply #1773 on: July 03, 2022, 05:30:26 PM »

in the 70s there weren’t others overseeing, composing, arranging tracks. so your point is moot. keep reading now.
Exactly. Thus, the guy who made the beat was the producer.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

lakersalltheway

« Reply #1774 on: July 06, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »
I mean if he's involved in the overall production of the song, why wouldn't he be credited as a CO producer?  As particular as he is with vocals i'm sure a lot of rerecording would happen with him.  Even if he didn't touch the beat(which i doubt, he puts his touch on everything) and just focused on the vocals, he would deserve producer credit.  Snoop said it best many years ago... Its called a Producer, not beat brought in by.   You wouldn't discredit a Director for a movie because they didn't control the camera (visuals being the equivalent of a beat in music), thats a cinematographer. 

I swear this is the only genre of music where Producer is viewed as being someone who makes all the music, makes it hard to understand why you and others get worked up over producer credit.  All those others that worked with him sound different without him.  All those songs without Dre being involved sound totally different.  The only protégé i would say is on the same level as him is Mike Elizondo (he learned how to make hits from DRE) every interview he has done, he has credited Dre for his success and he doesn't even do Hip Hop anymore.  His music is as clean as Dre's and he never complained about credit

Youre an idiot BTW

I agree with everything in this post. And to prove it, most people don't realize that there is a sound that got literally billions of playbacks which Elizondo helped create with Dre. Listen to this instrumental: https://dbree.org/v/d53bf

Sound familiar? It's the beat for 21 Pilots "Heathen" which Elizondo made in 2016. Before reading this thread, I didn't really look at Elizondo's catalogue, but some of his most recent hits are a copy and paste of the biggest Dre/Eminem sounds from the early to mid 2000s, just with a pop vocal twist. The drums, the keyboards, the progressions, and the vibe are all the sound from early 2000s Dre.  Not saying that Elizondo was the mastermind, but Dre second-guessed himself so much that he let go of his best proteges.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 06:24:47 PM by lakersalltheway »

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Matty

« Reply #1775 on: July 07, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »
Elizondo is the man! i've looked into his productions pretty thoroughly and enjoy the stuff he's done though it's much more in the mainstream sort of territory. deffo learnt from Dre but his drum programming, bass & the crispness of his own records is way up there. certainly more enjoyable musically than what Dre has done since he left, all his records have that groove. here's another with the Eminem vibe, that off-beat stumbling sort of drum pattern is pretty recognisable no?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:01:37 AM by Matty »

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Matty

« Reply #1776 on: July 07, 2022, 09:57:20 AM »
Mark Batson was another who gave Dre more of that organic groove compared to what he's doing today

Detox with Storch, Elizondo, Batson records = 100 times better than Compton or whatever we've heard since then. the other guys are fire with or without Dre but Storch badly needs the Dre direction to do anything good. it's sad he hasn't produced anything even half-decent since he was in his prime & fucking with Dre.

The following users thanked this post: MakCorleone, mtbsm

Hittman2001

« Reply #1777 on: July 07, 2022, 01:51:27 PM »
Elizondo is the man! i've looked into his productions pretty thoroughly and enjoy the stuff he's done though it's much more in the mainstream sort of territory. deffo learnt from Dre but his drum programming, bass & the crispness of his own records is way up there. certainly more enjoyable musically than what Dre has done since he left, all his records have that groove. here's another with the Eminem vibe, that off-beat stumbling sort of drum pattern is pretty recognisable no?

He's built on what he learned...even Fiona Apples album when he branched out from Dre sounded great.  Had a hand in that Bruno song from Encanto that was popular.   I know Dre doesn't rehash from the past all that much,  but having that 2001 crew together again would be nice to hear again

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Sccit

« Reply #1778 on: July 07, 2022, 01:54:52 PM »
even tho it all sounds good, it’s still a step down from when they were workin wit dre. you can tell they know what they’re doing and can make hits regardless, but its still not touching that dre mastery.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #1779 on: August 31, 2022, 03:24:09 AM »
awwww shiiit - puff and dre. take that

In an email sent to HipHopDX, Diddy’s team explained, “The two music moguls came together to collaborate for Dr. Dre’s highly anticipated upcoming album with Snoop Dogg, who was also in attendance. Producing with Dr. Dre has been a long-time dream for Mr. [Sean] Combs and the night was made even more special as he coached him through vocals.”

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 09:29:01 AM by mtbsm »

PLANT

« Reply #1780 on: August 31, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »
This project with Snoop is gaining some serious momentum

mtbsm

« Reply #1781 on: August 31, 2022, 11:33:22 AM »
This project with Snoop is gaining some serious momentum

Yeah they are letting people talk about it which is unusual for Dre

astra4322

« Reply #1782 on: August 31, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
Hahahaha another temperature rising for next Dre release which never happen.

JK4700

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1783 on: September 01, 2022, 09:32:25 PM »
The Snoop + Dre project is interesting, but still very much seems like a work in progress.

Whatever happened to the solo “Detox-esque” Dre album that was purportedly on the verge of release ~8 months ago?

Sccit

« Reply #1784 on: September 02, 2022, 02:07:55 AM »
The Snoop + Dre project is interesting, but still very much seems like a work in progress.

Whatever happened to the solo “Detox-esque” Dre album that was purportedly on the verge of release ~8 months ago?

it turned into the gta soundtrack