Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127720 times)

AftermathBeats

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1785 on: September 02, 2022, 08:23:48 AM »
I don't think the detox will appear anymore, because for Dre is working on the project with Snoop as if it were his own. So far, you don't know whether it will be a Snoop solo album or a common one, the statements are different

Sccit

« Reply #1786 on: September 02, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »
I don't think the detox will appear anymore, because for Dre is working on the project with Snoop as if it were his own. So far, you don't know whether it will be a Snoop solo album or a common one, the statements are different

ideally it would be break ups to make ups and it’ll have a classic dre sound

Hittman2001

« Reply #1787 on: September 02, 2022, 09:40:02 AM »

ideally it would be break ups to make ups and it’ll have a classic dre sound

Or this ends up being a collection of recorded tracks that get distributed on various projects over the next couple of years.  I do hope this comes out though

PLANT

« Reply #1788 on: September 02, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
The project was rumoured to come out in November I believe for the 30th anniversary of The Chronic

Hittman2001

« Reply #1789 on: September 02, 2022, 10:25:59 AM »
The project was rumoured to come out in November I believe for the 30th anniversary of The Chronic

Hope so.   If its true we will get a ramp up of promotion probably this month or next like they did with Compton.  Something like this I would imagine they would want to promote rather than drop it out of nowhere. 

Tony Trey

« Reply #1790 on: September 02, 2022, 11:46:31 AM »

I'll believe it when I see the album on store shelves.  I watched Welcome to Death Row for the first time last because I was bored and there was a quote from 2Pac where he was talking about Dre leaving was not a big deal because DR had so many more producers and, in 2Pac's words, Dre was taking three years to make one song.  My point is, Dre has always been a perfectionist to a fault and I have no faith that he'll actually release anything any time soon, given that the GTA Contract stuff just happened.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #1791 on: September 02, 2022, 02:22:30 PM »

That something comes out for the Chronic anniversary, including the Dre and Snoop Project was confirmed by Harry O in an interview. The Chronic came out on December 16 1992, the first single came out in November. It would fit in time because the album is not finished yet

AftermathBeats

« Reply #1792 on: September 02, 2022, 02:24:48 PM »

Tony Trey

« Reply #1794 on: September 23, 2022, 12:47:43 PM »
That something comes out for the Chronic anniversary, including the Dre and Snoop Project was confirmed by Harry O in an interview. The Chronic came out on December 16 1992, the first single came out in November. It would fit in time because the album is not finished yet

I don't have any hope that Dre will release an album that quickly after the GTA EP.  He's sadly too much of a perfectionist and just doesn't know when to say "good enough."  He really needs like an editor or a producer above him to hold his feet to the fire.

On a related note, I just listened to Compton again.  I still don't get it.  Sure, it's produced well, but it's a fucking bore to listen to.  I've never heard a more bland collection of Dre produced music in my life.

astra4322

« Reply #1795 on: September 23, 2022, 01:46:39 PM »
Compton is perfect 8)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Hittman2001

« Reply #1796 on: September 23, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
I don't have any hope that Dre will release an album that quickly after the GTA EP.  He's sadly too much of a perfectionist and just doesn't know when to say "good enough."  He really needs like an editor or a producer above him to hold his feet to the fire.

On a related note, I just listened to Compton again.  I still don't get it.  Sure, it's produced well, but it's a fucking bore to listen to.  I've never heard a more bland collection of Dre produced music in my life.

There are a couple of standouts, but nothing like his previous album.  Production is great, but its missing that "outside the box" that Dre was so great at delivering on with his sounds.  Now its like he's just putting his touch on what's out there already, nothing experimental or risk taking anymore.  Lacking confidence i guess

Sccit

« Reply #1797 on: September 23, 2022, 05:10:33 PM »
still don’t understand people who hate on compton

Jay_J

« Reply #1798 on: September 26, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
still don’t understand people who hate on compton

why should ve hate a compilation. thats what compilations are for, to represent new artists, new songs (mostly leftovers not good enough to use for a solo album) and a new vibe for the industry. nobody should expect an impact what a dr. dre solo does from this compton compilation, thats stupid to hate it. compton wrote the path for people like anderson paak, dem jointz and marsha. king mez is also still working as a ghostwriter for aftermath projects, sly pyper is also ghoswriting, singing bridges and hooks for aftermath projects. paak became a superstar, dem jointz's hands are on everywhere, kanye, eminem, 2 chainz even k-pop. marsha is also finally about to drop his first debut in aftermath records... so looks like compton did what he had to do.

now its time for dr. dre to release his 3rd solo album.

mtbsm

« Reply #1799 on: September 27, 2022, 03:14:13 AM »
to me, just like with Aftermath Presents, no stand out performers

best performances behind the mic were from established artists, not up and coming stars.