Author Topic: MC EIHT - LESSONS (Official Discussion)  (Read 8117 times)

Sccit

Re: MC EIHT - LESSONS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
still waiting for the hard copy .. ordered weeks ago

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 03:35:43 AM »
still waiting for the hard copy .. ordered weeks ago

still nutin?

shiet!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 01:29:57 PM »

still nutin?

shiet!

yea clown shit bro

any1 here got a copy yet?

westside159

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 03:49:41 PM »
Album of the YEAR , real talk.  MC Eihts best album to date made in 2020 . Its been a long time coming like his song says on the OFFICIAL DOUBLE ALBUM which was also a dope album he dropped in 2020 . Eiht is on fire right now GEAH 8 HYPE AND COMPTON'S MOST WANTED CMW

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The Predator

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »
Play the two new MC 8 2020 albums back to back, that's 47 cuts!

MC Eiht - Official

Official is legendary Compton Most Wanted rapper MC Eiht’s 12th solo album. The project offers more of his typical brand of no-nonsense West Coast gangsta rap, on no less than 27 tracks. His last solo effort – Which Way Iz West (2017) – was surprisingly good, mainly because it was produced by DJ Premier, an out-of-the-box collaboration that paid off.

The production on Official is more generic, but it suits Eiht’s lyrics. Official is not as good as Which Way Iz West is, but it’s better than Gangsta Bizness, Compton Most Wanted’s first album in 13 years that was released last year. Official maintains a chilled-out vibe throughout, with smooth instrumentals and decent enough lyrics. Major complaint: we all know Eiht’s trademark ‘gyeah’ interjection – he is overusing it on this record, almost to the point of caricature.

It is unlikely Official will win MC Eiht (m)any new fans, but old heads who know and love his earliest Compton Most Wanted and solo albums will find enough to enjoy here.

MC Eiht - Lessons

"Honcho" with Conway The Machine and DJ Premier is the absolute standout on Lessons, but there is plenty more to enjoy. Besides Conway and Premier, there are more notable features - like B-Real, Talib Kweli, Yukmouth, Havoc, and Kurupt (among others). As with most projects that run for well over an hour there is some inevitable filler, but overall this is a good MC Eiht effort - almost as good as Official, Eiht's March 2020 release.

On the Official album MC Eiht overused his trademark "Gyeah" to the point of caricature, on Lessons you'll hear him say it a couple of hundred times too - it can get a little annoying just (like him mentioning the name of his "Blue Stamp Official" label over and over). But these are minor complaints - Lessons is another solid project from one of gangsta rap biggest legends.

WestWestYA

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 05:20:44 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

westside159

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
Lessons is my favorite MC Eiht solo album now . It used to be Death Threatz . This album is perfect from start to finish . No real filler . No bad songs . Great production and beats behind Eihts flow and rhyme schemes . We Got , Cant Nobody featuring kokane ,That's Perfect , and the title track Lessons is all slappers . 2020 two dope albums from Eiht . GEAH

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

BIGWORM

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »
I banged this album from start to end at work. It was tight and no skips. but there's a deal breaker that annoyed the fuck out of me so much so I will not play it again.

The "Blue Stamp Official" he repeats over and over all over this album ruined it for me. We get it bud but chill the fuck out, it sounds far from cool after the 50th time....

click n drag to the recycle for me...

mrkmaidog

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 06:43:27 AM »
Got my CD copies last week. It was autographed with "GEAH" written by Eiht on the CD. It's actual PRESSED CD's this time unlike Official so don't worry this time...
Wish the CD came in either a digipak or jewel case instead of a Sleeve, it could of easily broke during shipment but luckily it didn't. I'm paying $30, at least use a digipak or jewel case. I can't stand sleeves.

I'm impressed with this album, might be my favorite album of 2020. This is a quality Eiht album, better than WWIW & Official imo. Ever since WWIW I see the quality with Eiht's production choices and it's much better compared to his other indie releases after his Hoo Banging deal was up, some of his indie releases suffered from average production choices. With 20 tracks, Ferhan C handled most of the beats & his beats were on point.. Lotta stand outs on this album, even the few tracks that might be weak are still good to listen to. Lots of REPLAY value with this album. Some of my dislikes(minor) are like everyone else, Eiht saying  "GEAH, Bluestamp" on every song.... He could've cut back on that. I wished some of these songs had a 3rd verse on it but I'm glad Eiht lets the beat ride throughout instead of cutting it to a short to 2 min etc, so I'm happy majority of these songs are 4 min & 3 min instead of 2 min tracks. This album is worth your hard earned loot. If Eiht keeps this level of consistancy/quality with his projects then I will continue to support.. I have too many favoites on this album (Honcho, Blue Wave, U Not Me, Courted In, On The Real, Stand Up, What U Really On etc..) It's a very well cohesive album...
I give it 4 mics out 5. GEAH!!!

westside159

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2020, 02:51:53 AM »
We Got is my cut   8) 8) 8)

westside159

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2020, 06:08:39 PM »
Still gets my vote for album of the year 2020 . GEAH

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
Still gets my vote for album of the year 2020 . GEAH

it’s in my top 3 for sure

westside159

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 09:36:19 PM »
No radio play , no major labels,  no TV video play . Eiht is still doing it the right way . 2 solid albums back to back and the Which Way Iz West album in 2017 was another solid album from MC Eiht . Geah  8) 8)  TOP 3 IN ORDER 1. Lessons 2. Official 3. Which Way Iz West ............................

Uncuttmuzsic619

• Lil Geezy
  • CALI CLAP MUZSIC IS NOT JUST A CD IT'S A MOVEMENT!
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »
DOPE ALBUM

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc