Author Topic: Dr Dre’ new production team  (Read 2095 times)

Marco

Re: Dr Dre’ new production team
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The following users thanked this post: Okka

The Predator

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
Read that Wolfe interview a couple of times over the years, remains the most detailed account of the production process in Dre's studios.

I wish thier was more elaboration on the following, never heard D.O.C. mention it as he would of been writing some of it...

When Niggaz4Life and [Eazy-E’s unreleased second solo album] Temporary Insanity were coming together, me and Dre definitely had our momentum as far as us working together. Everything about those sessions came together naturally and organically. We came up with all the concepts…

An Eazy-E solo album produced by Dre during the Efil4Zaggin era with those style of beats and concepts?!
We know about Temporary Insanity, but Wolfe confirms Dre made music for it.

We can only wonder how complete that album really is, it would of been the first double disc hip-hop album and all produced by Dre in his most creative era.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:11:24 PM by The Predator »

mtbsm

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 03:17:51 PM »
Read that Wolfe interview a couple of times over the years, remains the most detailed account of the production process in Dre's studios.

I wish thier was more elaboration on the following, never heard D.O.C. mention it as he would of been writing some of it...

When Niggaz4Life and [Eazy-E’s unreleased second solo album] Temporary Insanity were coming together, me and Dre definitely had our momentum as far as us working together. Everything about those sessions came together naturally and organically. We came up with all the concepts…

An Eazy-E solo album produced by Dre during the Efil4Zaggin era with those style of beats and concepts?!
We know about Temporary Insanity, but Wolfe confirms Dre made music for it.

We can only wonder how complete that album really is, it would of been the first double disc hip-hop album and all produced by Dre in his most creative era.

Is Eazy Street the last Dre produced Eazy joint?

The Predator

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
Eazy Street - Officialy it was the last Eazy solo song released that was produced by Dre, sounded like a 'Eazy Duz It' leftover.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 12:49:46 AM »
wait eazy was guna put out a double disc solo produced by dre in 91?

this is news to me .. it absolutely woulda been str8 classic of top

Okka

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 05:41:18 AM »
daz did a few beats, warren brought samples as you said and yes colin wolfe had a big role as main musician. my fault i missed to name him.

Daz did drum programming on "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat", but that's about it. He never claimed he did anythin' on the album.

www.waxpoetics.com/blog/features/articles/musician-colin-wolfe-speaks-building-beats-dr-dre/

enjoyed a lot reading the interview but as i know daz claims he did more for chronic. also colin says daz was always in the room with dre working together in chronic session.

What has Daz said he produced? You got any links?

This one comes to mind

That's just Daz being Daz. No doubt he came up with some ideas, but so did everybody who worked on the album. Daz wrote the hook for "Lil Ghetto Boy", but for clickbait purposes the video where Snoop speaks on it said that Daz wrote the whole song when The D.O.C. already said he and Snoop wrote it.

www.waxpoetics.com/blog/features/articles/musician-colin-wolfe-speaks-building-beats-dr-dre/

Damn, this a fucking great interview. Thanks for posting this.

Big props to Colin Wolfe. 8)

No problem. One of my favorite interviews.

Eazy Street - Officialy it was the last Eazy solo song released that was produced by Dre, sounded like a 'Eazy Duz It' leftover.

Yeah. That's probably my favorite song from Eazy from that era.