DUBCC - Tha Connection > West Coast Classics

Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..

<< < (2/5) > >>

Duck Duck Doggy:
I thought Eminem did a decent job with that album. Unlike the previous posthumously released albums this ones unreleased tracks were mostly inferior. I DO think though that they could have given the project to a more talented producer who actually worked with Pac like QD3, Quik, , BC etc  they really dropped the ball on all those posthumous releases besides R U Still Down

Sccit:
pacs worst album outside of pacs life

dj coma:
That G-Unit/Eminem style of beats that were hot at the time really aged poorly.

V2DHeart:
The album was an utter disgrace in my opinion. I think the general consensus for 2Pac's posthumous releases all tend to be that R U Still Down was the most legit in terms of it's authenticity in it's sound and the sample selections. Still I rise was somewhat the same, but is where they began introducing some awful remixes and where the cracks began with both Loyal to the Game and Pac's life being the polar opposite. Don't get me wrong, I understand the commercial need to include for some pop hits, but this is where Eminem's name should have remained exclusively for those alone IE; Ghetto Gospel and Don't You Trust me, and left the rest alone. It's as if they went with the 'Changes' formula for the lead single selecting a piano sample, because some believe it evokes stronger emotions than other instruments. (Hey Jude apparently evokes optimism and hope) fast forward to 3:34 and you'll see what I mean, but it just doesn't resonate the same way at all.

https://www.youtube.com/v/_qd08FyXY3E

But by including Elton John of all people, and allowing 'flavour of the month' artists (G-Unit, Obie Trice) done a huge disservice and further degraded his legacy. The production was repetitive and uninspiring and wasn't a good fit for a feature length 2Pac album. I'm disappointed that there weren't much quality control measures put in place by his estate and people who actually cared about the 'music', not just about releasing his 'voice'. When you have a limited number of songs left, you do everything you can to ensure that it is the best fit and does justice. Even Eminem at the time I'm sure he said that he didn't do his best work on the album due to depression etc. When you add in the vocal slicing, pitch changing, and adding in words together to modify them significantly then it's no longer an album with unpublished tracks enhanced, it becomes nothing more than a mixtape IMO.

I remember when it came out, that the few 'bonus' tracks were the only ones most people actually liked. I would have preferred to see a full album of those. They can keep the x2 Eminem track, but the rest should have been scrapped the minute an album overseer would have listened to this, but then when you have the Outlawz (EDI & Kastro) in a supervisory role like that, then there's a conflict of interest there, because we all know they were hoping to get a look in on Shady Records with the joint work done on this and on the Ressurection soundtrack, so they were never going to tell Eminem that most of his tracks sucked and were way off. Afeni only cared about getting the music out there. interestingly Tom Whalley didn't have any involvement in this (and only on the Pac's Life single track on Pac's Life) but I bet half of those songs would never have made it had he overseen the project.

Perhaps I'll give it a listen, but as I age, I swear, his life albums are all fine, yet I only ever pick 1 or 2 stand outs from his posthumous releases to stick on my playlists

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96':

--- Quote from: dj coma on September 20, 2020, 04:28:29 PM ---So an unconfirmed assumption.

--- End quote ---

I also got Eminem down as ghostwriting Nas "I Carry the Cross" that second joint on the God's Son album. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version