Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)  (Read 25313 times)

D-TalkX

Re: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
So many tears in this discussion I might float away

funkstylz

« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Y’all crazy this a solid album, definitely the best he’s released in a long time . He kept it west for real. Maybe y’all need to listen a few times to let it get ya cuz he real you disqualified this shit before he even dropped it.

CEO - poppy , nothin catchy but got a cool beat
Roaches in my ashtray - catchy track , cool beat, fun shit to cruise to
Gang Signs - mekanix on the beat killed it , cuhhhhriiiip , dope flow has a bit of no limit sound to it 
Talk dat shit- koka killed it, cranked it up as soon as I heard the koka laugh in the beginning , fuck ya talk dat shit to me, great flow from snoop
Sittin on blades - this my shit, smooth talkbox
Say it witcha booty- Ite I’m skipping this track
Get yo bread up- come on, Larry June x snoop x mekanix? Fuck ya, g shit
Fetty in the bag - beat sound like a different take on Crazy , eastsidaz too? Probably my fav track on the album
Look around - nothin too special but I let it play
Left my weed- some funny shit same as above, always love devin the dude

Y’all need to give this album a chance, not nearly as bad as u making it out to be

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Eddz, Marco

thegooddoc

« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
Usually, I would be disappointed about a 10 track album, but this one is about 10 tracks too long.  This has to be towards the bottom of all Snoop Dogg releases.   I am hoping that he used all of his good songs on the Mt. Westmore project.  Snoop has to get back with someone that will exercise a little bit of quality control.  Just so much garbage.  There are a couple of decent beats and some of the features had potential, but the albums sounds like a mess.  Was looking forward to hear Mozzy on there, but instead Snoop just put him on a throwaway track. 

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

-Davizz-

« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2021, 12:43:26 AM »
I like "Sittin On Blades", it's always good to listen to a talkbox track.
The rest of the album is mostly disappointing as usual, I dont' think "Mount Westmore" will be that much better tough.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2021, 09:01:31 AM »
I'd say 7/10 are cool songs. A few slappers for sure. Better than anything he's put out in a long time but unfortunately the bar is pretty low these days so that's not saying a whole lot. But these days, I'll take a handful of decent Snoop tracks over most of what's out in this era.

You know Look Around is old - that's back when rappers would lay 3 verses. This 1-2 verse, 2-3 minute song bullshit needs to stop today.

I'm still holding out hope for the album with just Snoop and Dr. Dre (no features): Breakup To Makeup. They really need to go out with a bang before they hang it all up.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:36 PM »
Just looked into the WEB FLAC version of this album and damn, they actually put that DJ Drama mixtape MP3 file of "Look Around" on his official album. That track was first featured on the "Blue Carpet Treatment - Mixtape" back in 2006 (same length and tags by DJ Drama as this album version). A year later, he "officially" released the untagged, high quality version on his "Unreleased Heatrocks" project. The full track's length is 4:28 compared to the 3:39 mixtape / album version.

This is what the files look like in comparison:

2021 album version (FLAC):

2007 "Heatrocks" version (MP3):

That's embarassingly bad and pulls down the whole project for me. Really shows that Snoop and his camp don't care for releasing some quality material for their fans at all. The same shit happened with "Malice N Wonderland" and "Neva Left". That goes for that Vapors remix especially, which was a worse quality version compared to what's been available online prior. Don't know what goes to his mind when he decides to put old ass songs on his albums that people heard before already.

Here's the download link for the proper version of that song...higher quality, full length, untagged: https://we.tl/t-GAWy1KN0Wy

The following users thanked this post: , Marco, Safe+Sound

Safe+Sound

« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Just looked into the WEB FLAC version of this album and damn, they actually put that DJ Drama mixtape MP3 file of "Look Around" on his official album. That track was first featured on the "Blue Carpet Treatment - Mixtape" back in 2006 (same length and tags by DJ Drama as this album version). A year later, he "officially" released the untagged, high quality version on his "Unreleased Heatrocks" project. The full track's length is 4:28 compared to the 3:39 mixtape / album version.

That's embarassingly bad and pulls down the whole project for me. Really shows that Snoop and his camp don't care for releasing some quality material for their fans at all. The same shit happened with "Malice N Wonderland" and "Neva Left". That goes for that Vapors remix especially, which was a worse quality version compared to what's been available online prior. Don't know what goes to his mind when he decides to put old ass songs on his albums that people heard before already.

Here's the download link for the proper version of that song...higher quality, full length, untagged: https://we.tl/t-GAWy1KN0Wy

Unbelievable. What dick move from Snoop.

Thanks for the info on this and the link. Concerning the link, this is a 7mb mp3 file so it can't be higher quality that iTunes AAC files.... and those are only 256kbps.

PLANT

« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
Agree and think it’s absolute bullshit they didn’t remaster look around.  Also, the volume plays lower on left my weed compared to other songs.  Pretty embarrassing for a Snoop Dogg album IMO

The following users thanked this post: Safe+Sound

Jay_J

« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »
good job mr. (ko) kane.

im not surprised by the way.

Sccit

« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2021, 05:12:24 PM »

i don’t think snoop released “unreleased heatrocks” did he? thought it was a bootleg

Safe+Sound

« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »
Agree and think it’s absolute bullshit they didn’t remaster look around.  Also, the volume plays lower on left my weed compared to other songs.  Pretty embarrassing for a Snoop Dogg album IMO

Yeah, I forgot to mention the equalization and volume issues on the album. How the fuck did that make it past quality control? That's some Mickey Mouse shit that should be WAY beneath an artist like Snoop Dogg.

midwestryder

« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2021, 09:10:44 PM »
worst rap album ever, cant stand snoop anymore he puts out garbage after garbage. Apart from the Kokane song the album sucks so hard, only 10 songs and 1 good one, he even put a 10 year old track on it, he needs to retire already, he is an idiot with politics and a worse rapper, this album is a disgrace, the whole west coast has died, no one making good songs
nope not even close to the worst rap album. Nope it's a fact Snoop hasn't been putting out garbage at all. Snoop doesn't need to retire and he's not an idiot with politics and he's one of the best west coast rappers and shows you don't know shit about hip hop or politics racist culture vulture. Snoop is in fact 100% right with politics unlike you culture vulture . Nope this album is not a disgrace like you coach a vulture and nope the west coast ohas never died and there still making lots a good songs and shows you don't know shit like most culture vultures.. both sitting on blades and left my weed,are dope as fuk and showed you don't know shit and you don't know what dope real hip-hop sounds like culture vulture

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2021, 12:18:11 AM »

i don’t think snoop released “unreleased heatrocks” did he? thought it was a bootleg

He sold it via his MySpace page back in 2007. I'm not sure whether it was a digital only release or they shipped out CDs, though. Link: https://www.discogs.com/en/Snoop-Dogg-Unreleased-Heat-Rocks/release/1973766

However, there's a bootleg version out there as well when looking it up on Discogs. Link: https://www.discogs.com/en/Snoop-Dogg-Unreleased-Heat-Rocks/release/14758736
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:26:39 AM by Mr.(Ko)Kane »

jessiebarker2020

« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2021, 01:59:18 AM »
snoops just having fun at his age you dont have to like this album its more of just a good vibe hes having fun and enjoying himself maybe not teh ebst album but their are some bangers on here i think he also handles alot of the album making himself now that he has his own mothership studio in inglewood

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX