Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)  (Read 25276 times)

Sccit

Re: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2021, 10:05:03 PM »
It's not hate.  I wish Snoop would actually put some time into his new releases.  This project is not good and just a shell of the music he used to make.  Beats are average, lyrics are not good.  It sounds like he just threw it together.  He needs some quality control.

u think the mekanix battlecat terrace martin and soopafly beats on here are average?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2021, 10:26:20 PM »
u think the mekanix battlecat terrace martin and soopafly beats on here are average?

Compared to what they did in the past, this does not define their production ability. Go listen to Terrace's stuff with other major artists, his sound is amazing. Then again, Snoop was never good at picking beats for his own projects

Sccit

« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2021, 01:40:44 AM »
Compared to what they did in the past, this does not define their production ability. Go listen to Terrace's stuff with other major artists, his sound is amazing. Then again, Snoop was never good at picking beats for his own projects

i agree it’s not terrace best work but still a nice joint

the mekanix joints are certified slappers tho

thegooddoc

« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2021, 03:37:33 PM »

I would say for them, they are average.  I've heard better.  To be fair, the beats are the better part of the project.

The Predator

« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2021, 03:23:16 AM »

Snoop Dogg - From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites

On ‘International Weed Day’ Snoop Dogg dropped his 18th studio album, and what do you know – it’s not bad at all, unlike most of Snoop Dogg’s recent (and not-so-recent) releases. It’s been a while since Uncle Snoop released a really consistent album, and From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites isn’t that album either, but this one is solid Snoop – admittedly with no real stand-outs, but with no real throw-away tracks either. Sure, some songs are stronger than others – “Gang Signs” is the best song with its phat bassline and catchy hook, and “CEO”, and “Get Yo Bread” are among the stronger tracks too, while “Say It Witcha Booty” and a couple of others are more questionable. From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites is kind of short at 35 minutes and 10 tracks, and lightweight in its cliched subject matter, but the funked-out trunk-rattling beats knock and the overall mellow summertime vibe of this project is fun. This Snoop Dogg project is forgettable but mostly enjoyable – worth a listen.

k1000

« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2021, 03:36:16 AM »

Snoop Dogg - From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites

On ‘International Weed Day’ Snoop Dogg dropped his 18th studio album, and what do you know – it’s not bad at all, unlike most of Snoop Dogg’s recent (and not-so-recent) releases. It’s been a while since Uncle Snoop released a really consistent album, and From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites isn’t that album either, but this one is solid Snoop – admittedly with no real stand-outs, but with no real throw-away tracks either. Sure, some songs are stronger than others – “Gang Signs” is the best song with its phat bassline and catchy hook, and “CEO”, and “Get Yo Bread” are among the stronger tracks too, while “Say It Witcha Booty” and a couple of others are more questionable. From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites is kind of short at 35 minutes and 10 tracks, and lightweight in its cliched subject matter, but the funked-out trunk-rattling beats knock and the overall mellow summertime vibe of this project is fun. This Snoop Dogg project is forgettable but mostly enjoyable – worth a listen.

source?

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2021, 09:46:08 AM »
It's decent, but the production keeps some songs from being classics.  The snare in Fetty is too early in the beat and drives me crazy.  It's close to having a classic bounce but is not quite there.  And Look Around is great but the singing in the chorus is WAAAY off time and is annoying.  Hell yes to the statement about needing quality control.  How no one hears these things before it gets put out is beyond me.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Sccit

« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2021, 10:37:14 AM »
It's decent, but the production keeps some songs from being classics.  The snare in Fetty is too early in the beat and drives me crazy.  It's close to having a classic bounce but is not quite there.  And Look Around is great but the singing in the chorus is WAAAY off time and is annoying.  Hell yes to the statement about needing quality control.  How no one hears these things before it gets put out is beyond me.

look around is a mystery because snoop already put out a high quality version in the past

prolly had a stronger team at that point in time

the early clap on fetty in the bag is classic dpg/eastsidaz shit .. i can’t put my finger on it rn but i know i’ve heard many beats wit that same off the cuff snare from snoops umbrella

The Predator

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:21:23 AM by The Predator »

D-TalkX

« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2021, 10:12:04 AM »
Couple good songs but yeah The Eastsidaz track is a mess. Drumz aren't quantized which is fine but they are extremely early and unlistenable for me. I'd like to hear the drums realigned

Safe+Sound

« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »
Couple good songs but yeah The Eastsidaz track is a mess. Drumz aren't quantized which is fine but they are extremely early and unlistenable for me. I'd like to hear the drums realigned

I hear you on the drum sync issue. I was wondering if they just thought it was cool to do it that way or if it was just clumsy engineering.

Sccit

« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2021, 09:14:10 PM »
I hear you on the drum sync issue. I was wondering if they just thought it was cool to do it that way or if it was just clumsy engineering.

it’s on purpose

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

D-TalkX

« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2021, 09:42:32 PM »
it’s on purpose

Yeah I understand, just doesn't work for me. I think shit would bang if drums were lined up differently (IMO). Always good to hear the 3 of them on a song. Hopefully there's some more coming.

escowino

« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2021, 05:09:37 PM »
I like this album. Its better than I expected. I like all the songs except Say It Witcha Booty. The beats bang, except I wish they remastered Look Around like others have said. This album has been on replay for me. Out of the old school West Coast rappers that have released albums recently, this has been the one where I press the skip button the least. Like I said, I only don't like one song from the whole album. Can't wait for Mount Westmore!

Jay_J

« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »

yes they arent quantized before it shouldnt be. quantizing drums makes it sound midi. no drum player can play any drum pattern quantized. however swinging drums are a caractheristic of west coast sound. i like the way amplified wrote the drums unquantized. sounds more real and live. it could be mixed better anyway.