Author Topic: FATLIP - TORPOR (Official Discussion)  (Read 7366 times)

doggfather

Re: FATLIP - TORPOR (New Album 8/23)
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2022, 12:48:26 AM »
Thats another thing.

If the album is "complete" full thing, like a circle thats a perfect thing.

Imo thats legit if u like it and want more. But u aint missin anything. Thats 2 diff thing!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

astra4322

« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2022, 01:02:38 AM »
Fair enough. What’s your thoughts about album?

doggfather

« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2022, 05:41:29 AM »
Havent heard yet.

My cd still sealed.

Waitin for the digital version.  ;D

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

astra4322

« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2022, 09:38:10 PM »
Didn’t you get also digital download?

doggfather

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2022, 10:25:25 PM »
nah, i bought trough ebay.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

astra4322

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2022, 03:34:20 AM »
Ok. I wonder if we will see it tomorrow.

Sccit

« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2022, 08:28:33 AM »
Ok. I wonder if we will see it tomorrow.

don’t hold your breath bro .. distributor is still giving us an issue with finalization of paperwork

:francis:

astra4322

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2022, 10:14:49 AM »
Whats wrong with these distributors??? :o

Sccit

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2022, 10:16:54 AM »
Whats wrong with these distributors??? :o

they’re awful …. might have to switch distributors for our next release

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2022, 02:49:41 PM »
Yo Sccit maybe this is a dumb question but dogg is a master at pickin samples on this one.  He got some dope ass samples and a good ear for sound... but could ya'll get sued for that shit?  I mean this is an official release so I'm sure you had to do like official paperwork for it and maybe even had a lawyer involed.

Samples was a part of the industry that's always confused me.  One of the better hip-hop documentaries out there is called "Scratch" I recommend everyone watch it, it kind of explains why early 90's hip-hop had such a distinct sound we all loved, but that they started getting sued and couldn't use the same sounds after the mid-90's.

Dogg got a little 94' flavor in the sound
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy

Sccit

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2022, 03:59:13 PM »
Yo Sccit maybe this is a dumb question but dogg is a master at pickin samples on this one.  He got some dope ass samples and a good ear for sound... but could ya'll get sued for that shit?  I mean this is an official release so I'm sure you had to do like official paperwork for it and maybe even had a lawyer involed.

Samples was a part of the industry that's always confused me.  One of the better hip-hop documentaries out there is called "Scratch" I recommend everyone watch it, it kind of explains why early 90's hip-hop had such a distinct sound we all loved, but that they started getting sued and couldn't use the same sounds after the mid-90's.

it depends on the artist… and if the sample is not cleared, it depends on whether the artist being sampled wants to pursue any action. it’s a crapshoot .. if yes, it usually starts with a cease & desist …. but we handled all our shit on the album accordingly so hopefully there won’t be any issues.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2022, 04:12:58 PM »
it depends on the artist… and if the sample is not cleared, it depends on whether the artist being sampled wants to pursue any action. it’s a crapshoot .. if yes, it usually starts with a cease & desist …. but we handled all our shit on the album accordingly so hopefully there won’t be any issues.

Ahh word

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2022, 05:27:43 PM »

Appreciate that homie. Means a lot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2022, 03:13:39 AM »
Appreciate that homie. Means a lot

Album definitely exceeded my expectations.  It kind of came to me in stages. 

1 -  First I liked the idea that it was a Fatlip solo album.  Like even though there was a team behind it, a listener digests an album better when there is a focal point.  Think about all the compilations over the years, it's kind of like meh... but then think about albums like the Chronic how much we loved Snoop, Kurupt, RBX and everybody that contributed, even though they weren't on the cover.  So, even though ya'll presented the album and you got key contributions from big names like Krazy, RBX, Butch Cassidy--it was a great move to make it a Fatlip solo.

2 -  2nd point, you guys released one of your first joints from the album "Wake Up" and I got to be honest I wasn't that into it.  I mean I was hyped that you had RBX linked in, and then the track and video came and I was just lukewarm on it.  Cause you know I got strong political views on the Coward-19 hoax, and I was thinking to myself, "wake up from what?  Isn't MO's people on facebook all the time talking about gettin vaxxed and wearin the mask" so that set my interest back a bit.  (Later, when I got the album and heard the full sequence it made sense cause it's the opening track after the RBX intro so it actually plays really well as an album cut)

3 -  3rd point, you dropped "Dust in the Wind".  Then I was back on board.  You got the saxophone and I knew how much of a fan Dogg is of Illmatic, we even bumped it way back in the day on a ride from the airport if you remember--and seeing the direction of the artwork and visuals around the release of the song I could see dogg's pawprints all over it. 

4 - Then the Pharcyde reunion, ya'll outdid yourself getting Butch Cassidy to do the hook.  It could of just been a Pharcyde reunion and been a big deal but it's actually a great song, and Butch is undeniable.  The other Pharcyde track on the album is also a great cut.  So it's more than just a reunion these are great songs.

5 -  Then I heard Sccit's joint "The Way" with Krayzie Bone and that's when I started to get all in on the project.  Because, Sccit  has clearly taken his game next level now, like to spar with Krayzie Bone on a track like that is a big deal, and for him to come off strong--the way Sccit comes out of his verse on that joint.  That's when I started messaging Sccit like "okay we might have something here".

Now I'm bumping the album daily...all the track are dope, nothing is filler, "February" is a lovely track, like that emotional sound Dogg likes, then "Energy" and "DC" (minus the Trump reference) are bangers, and Sccit did some top notch mixing on "30 Minutes" much props to ya'll.  I'll do a more official review later and maybe a youtube video for it to put in my sig.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

Re: FATLIP - TORPOR (Official Discussion)
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2022, 02:45:31 PM »
OUT ON SPOTIFY NOW FOR THE STREAMING CROWD 8)