Author Topic: Best Compton Rapper? The Game is claiming it is him  (Read 784 times)

thegooddoc

Best Compton Rapper? The Game is claiming it is him
« on: February 04, 2021, 08:21:40 PM »
https://www.xxlmag.com/the-game-claims-best-rapper-from-compton-kendrick-lamar/

Not sure that I disagree with him.  I think Kendrick is close, but who else is out there to compete?

Mc Eiht
Problem
Eazy E
Mc Ren
YG
King T
Roddy Ricch
Dj Quik
Dr. Dre

BJV

Re: Best Compton Rapper? The Game is claiming it is him
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:50:01 PM »
Game is just a lucky muthafucka being where he was when Dre pushed him, looking back now how much quality did he really have? Kendrick sure runs circles around him and so do most of the other artists you listed.

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »
He neva was in top 5...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 12:10:05 AM »
I think Game said that MC Ren was also one of best rappers from Compton.

Game is just a lucky muthafucka being where he was when Dre pushed him, looking back now how much quality did he really have? Kendrick sure runs circles around him and so do most of the other artists you listed.

What? Game is one of he dopest rappers from Compton. He's lyrical and has a great discography.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:15:58 AM »

What? Game is one of he dopest rappers from Compton. He's lyrical and has a great discography.

nah, he is mediocre at best.

got hits, but not good albums.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Eddz

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 12:20:37 AM »

Go listen to Dr's Advocate

Okka

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 12:20:56 AM »

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. He has classic albums. He's way more lyrical then most of the rappers from Compton.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

jman91331

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 07:55:49 AM »
If he would just sit back and rap some dope/real shit he would be top tier. But just like his Instagram persona, he'd rather do it for the clout and he would rather rap about what he thinks the people are going to feel instead of what he feels in his heart. Like his last couple of albums, nobody wants to hear a rapper in his 40s rapping about active gangbangin shit like you really out there puttin in work. Leave that for the youngstas. Game has been around the world a couple times, been through a lot in life so has the experience, has lyrical ability, why can't he talk about some real shit that I know he's capable of instead of clout chasing?

h2k4

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 04:18:27 PM »
What is he supposed to say? Like, of course he is going to rate himself as the best, lol.

In my opinion, he is one of the best from Compton. His mixtapes are solid, his retail releases are, for the most part, dope. Not too many from Compton can compete. People have to think about the overall picture and not just say, "oh K.Dot is a better lyricist". It's the entire package. Rapping, content, production.

thegooddoc

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »

Yeah, Game has a deep discography.  Anyone stating he is not one of the best from Compton is hating. 

hitsaw

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 12:51:20 PM »
Kendrick is a dope rapper, first 3 albums are fucking dope, but he ain’t got a documentary or doctors advocate!
Game was in 2006 1 of the most popular rappers in the world! Everybody was waiting on doctors advocate! I think he deserves that title.

Ebony Bree Caple

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »
Eazy Muthafuckin E
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES

manson

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
If he would just sit back and rap some dope/real shit he would be top tier. But just like his Instagram persona, he'd rather do it for the clout and he would rather rap about what he thinks the people are going to feel instead of what he feels in his heart. Like his last couple of albums, nobody wants to hear a rapper in his 40s rapping about active gangbangin shit like you really out there puttin in work. Leave that for the youngstas. Game has been around the world a couple times, been through a lot in life so has the experience, has lyrical ability, why can't he talk about some real shit that I know he's capable of instead of clout chasing?

Even if i definitly put him amongst Compton's bests and even LA as a whole, i agree with what you say for the evolution of the content, the lyrics. Still rappin his ass off tho (i mean, flow-wise, chosen beats) but you're right. Can't say he's the best, and mainly for that. I hate those "best of" whatever, aint no "the best", so subjective  Eazy, Eiht, Game, King T, Quik, Ren ( who was effectively a beast ), all greats. Not my shit (just for his voice) but Kendrick/kDot belongs to there too. It's a lot of dope young dudes, or just dudes that pop off from Compton with one or a few good songs but end up havin a short career for different reasons.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 03:47:46 PM »
Eazy Muthafuckin E

One of my favorite artists of all time, but he really wasn't a rapper or an MC since 'cause he didn't write his own rhymes.

Ebony Bree Caple

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
One of my favorite artists of all time, but he really wasn't a rapper or an MC since 'cause he didn't write his own rhymes.

So
He was a RAPPER not a writer like I'm a WRITER not a rapper but I could write raps
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES