Author Topic: Po Broke & Lonely Album - Early Aftermath Sound - Aftermath Presents Discussion  (Read 1064 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Rare Po Broke and Lonely album I just received in mail.  Pittsburgh cats who laid foundation for Dre’s Aftermath Presents. 

Got a complaint for being up in the FOCUS album thread so I'm starting a new thread to discuss the early Aftermath Sound, Dre's relationship with all this Pittsburgh cats, and the Po Broke and Lonely album which kind of laid the foundation for the Aftermath Presents album. 

So who are all the cats Dre worked with from Pittsburgh?  You got Sam Sneed, Mel-Man, Nationowl, Mike Lynn who was like the top executive with Aftermath was like the manager of Po Broke and Lonely.  What about Budda?  Who else? 

And do ya'll think that Sam Sneed is the common denominator in Dre's relationship with Pittsburgh?  Because looking through the liner of notes of Po Broke and Lonely it sounds like Dre had been working with them while still at Death Row, because they were shouting him out, and even shoutin out Michelle, NWA, even Jerry Heller.  And these were all cats from Pittsburgh.  So Dre's relationship with Pittsburgh may even go back to before Sneed put in work for Murder Was the Case.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

dope

doc deezul from those 2001 leaks last year was also from pittsburgh from what i remember

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dope

doc deezul from those 2001 leaks last year was also from pittsburgh from what i remember

ahh word... yep those 2001 leaks could of been made closer to 96' like that "Airwave Terrorist" type of stuff.  I wonder exactly what year Last Emporer was down with Dre.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
They’ve been down with Dre from the jump. They were on the Deep Cover soundtrack, which was kind of an unofficial first death row release when they were working at Solar.

Quadruple OG

Looks like this was rerecorded for Dr. Dre presents The Aftermath.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They’ve been down with Dre from the jump. They were on the Deep Cover soundtrack, which was kind of an unofficial first death row release when they were working at Solar.

Interesting yeah guess that’s why they was mentioning Jerry Heller and NWA in the liner notes, they been around that long

heisenberg

why you think this album is rare cause its not?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
why you think this album is rare cause its not?

Feel free to enlighten me because I just found out about the shit actually.  That's part of the reason I made the fuccin thread, not just to lecture to mufuckaz but to hear from ya'll

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Don’t have much of a review because I’m not really an R&B fan — only R&B I fux wit is Jodeci/KC & Jojo.

... but the sound is very polished.  I can see why Dre likes the production value.  They are only missing a hit song and this shot could’ve blown up.

dj coma

Where did you get that Mike Lynn is from Pittsburgh? I always assumed Po Broke N Lonely was all LA cats. Glove is definitely an LA native.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Where did you get that Mike Lynn is from Pittsburgh? I always assumed Po Broke N Lonely was all LA cats. Glove is definitely an LA native.

I don't know what the fucc I'm talking about about these guys someone told me about them like two weeks ago, I'm still trying to figure the shit out.  I'm getting all the shit mixed up.  My bad, dawg

The following users thanked this post: dj coma

wardy

RC from the group was on Dre's Chronic album

romson19

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:14:38 PM by romson19 »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!