Author Topic: ANDERSON .PAAK & BRUNO MARS - AN EVENING WITH SILK SONIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 2238 times)

doggfather

i prefer drones too. 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

like drones from terrace martin.

phuckin high quality MUSIC, but far from rap/hip hop. Thats not bad, a simple fact.

IMO this album is more like a bruno mars feat anderson .paak than a real duo, collab album.

I hear bruno lead the project and .paak is with him, after him. understand what i mean?

Like it, fell it, top 10 material to me over the year!

I dont agree bro, there are a few songs sounds alike ventura vibe. I think paak is leading the project and pulls bruno where the albums vibe is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:09:00 PM by Sccit »

Jay_J

Good said nevertheless I like Drones more than Silc Sonic. Wasted potential.

Drones has rnb and jazz vibe heavily. Even some rap included.

Silk sonic is based on motown and soul with rnb/pop influenced.

Its nonsense to compare. Different type of genres.

To me silk sonics album is more catchy and very clear about what kind of muic they are doing. Drones sounds more experimental and sounds like terrace is looking for smth.

Both albums are shining anyway. Brilliant projects from West Coast! Proud!

Sccit

I dont agree bro, there are a few songs sounds alike ventura vibe. I think paak is leading the project and pulls bruno where the albums vibe is.

bruno’s vocals are more overpowering and excessively layered

doggfather

Both albums are shining anyway. Brilliant projects from West Coast! Proud!

this is the reason of my compare!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

thegooddoc

They pulled off a classic.  It will win a Grammy.  It would have been cool to have more songs on the album, but I would rather have all good songs that fit than filler.

Matty

it's well produced but much more of a Motown-Soul sort of jam than anything seriously funky. which is pretty dissapointing, considering they got Bootsy narrating on there and everything.

'Fly As Me' was a good one as it's the only song with any sort of funk.

BJV

it's well produced but much more of a Motown-Soul sort of jam than anything seriously funky. which is pretty dissapointing, considering they got Bootsy narrating on there and everything.

'Fly As Me' was a good one as it's the only song with any sort of funk.

Yeah this is what I feared after seeing the Smokin Out the Window video cause it was more of the same. I'm sure it's a great album still but I was expecting a little more funk mixed in it too, Bruno Mars his last album was one of my favorite pop/funk albums of the last decade. Waiting to hear the full album once I get it on CD though.

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Safe+Sound

Easily album of the year. I called this Grammy material when the first single dropped 8 months ago. Masterful production, arrangement, song writing, and harmonies. Nice to have some real music back in town 8) Can't wait to see what they do next.