Author Topic: DJ Quik plays exclusive joints live  (Read 1246 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: DJ Quik plays exclusive joints live
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 05:56:00 AM »
Is this going to be Quik’s legacy?  I have so many shitty quality rips of songs that he never released. These are more to add to the bunch. I’m surprised with how much Quik cares about his music sonically and production values, why he would allow so many shit quality songs of his to sit on the shelf forever.

Songs like these, songs like Felonz, RIP Mausberg, the couple unreleased songs from Book Of David, Get It by Suga Free, the list goes on and on. Some of these songs have been online in terrible quality for more than a decade. Quik knows he’s never going to do anything with them. Release them on iTunes or something. Show everyone how good of a producer you can be. And don’t leave behind a legacy of these terrible sounding songs floating around online.

The following users thanked this post: Matty, dnjp4life, romson19, Safe+Sound

Safe+Sound

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 06:48:04 AM »
Is this going to be Quik’s legacy?  I have so many shitty quality rips of songs that he never released. These are more to add to the bunch. I’m surprised with how much Quik cares about his music sonically and production values, why he would allow so many shit quality songs of his to sit on the shelf forever.

Songs like these, songs like Felonz, RIP Mausberg, the couple unreleased songs from Book Of David, Get It by Suga Free, the list goes on and on. Some of these songs have been online in terrible quality for more than a decade. Quik knows he’s never going to do anything with them. Release them on iTunes or something. Show everyone how good of a producer you can be. And don’t leave behind a legacy of these terrible sounding songs floating around online.

I don't get it either.

dnjp4life

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 11:10:56 AM »
That track which sounds like Butch Cassidy on the hook is smooth as hell, this shit is too good to not be released.

Come on DJ Quik, bless the world with a new album after the shitty year that we’ve just had  8)

BJV

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »

One of my favorite unreleased Quik tracks is "Inside Out" but he couldn't release that cause he used an interpolation of another song and couldn't clear it and that's why it's unreleased. Maybe that's the case with some of these other tracks too.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 06:02:52 PM »
Quik wants to be Dre so badly. Thing is he doesn't realize he's better than Dre and always has been.

What is it with these West Coast producers and their self esteem issues?

:sign_banhim:

dnjp4life

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »
I keep going back and listening to the two snippets posted below, I guess the title of the Jay O Felony track is ‘Waking the Dead’.

I remember 10 years ago this month when The Book of David came out and these two tracks are giving me similar vibes. What a great album that was, I really hope DJ Quik releases something real soon to kickstart the summer in a real way.

romson19

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »
One of my favorite unreleased Quik tracks is "Inside Out" but he couldn't release that cause he used an interpolation of another song and couldn't clear it and that's why it's unreleased. Maybe that's the case with some of these other tracks too.
Do U have that song?
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

BJV

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, romson19

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »
I keep going back and listening to the two snippets posted below, I guess the title of the Jay O Felony track is ‘Waking the Dead’.

I remember 10 years ago this month when The Book of David came out and these two tracks are giving me similar vibes. What a great album that was, I really hope DJ Quik releases something real soon to kickstart the summer in a real way.

book of david was lowkey a classic.

dnjp4life

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 09:13:47 AM »
Yeah the Book of David is to me one of Quik’s most accessible albums, I always find myself listening to it at this time of year.

There is that sequence of four or five tracks towards the end of the album that just flow so flawlessly from one to the other.  I thought The Midnight Life was a really good follow up but not quite on the level as Book of David.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
One of the song i want from quik's vault is in this live video  @2.05

I want it so bad !

Or u have it here

-Davizz-

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
Yeh that leftover from "Book of David" needs to be released!!!

h2k4

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
Quik wants to be Dre so badly. Thing is he doesn't realize he's better than Dre and always has been.

What is it with these West Coast producers and their self esteem issues?

I don't think I would categorize it as Quik trying to be like Dre but he wants to be seen and considered as a great without having to say it himself. Unfortunately, he'll never be seen on the same plateau as a Dr. Dre in the minds of casual fans.

Klue

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 01:05:55 PM »
Damn that second track is straight fire

romson19

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 02:53:13 PM »
One of the song i want from quik's vault is in this live video  @2.05

I want it so bad !

Or u have it here

I know that dude who made that video... I'll ask him if he got that song
RIP Nate Dogg