Author Topic: DMX PASSES AWAY AT 50 YEARS OLD  (Read 2600 times)

Sccit

DMX PASSES AWAY AT 50 YEARS OLD
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 09:58:20 AM »
on shabbat like pac .. 7 days later too

RIP

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Okka

Re: DMX PASSES AWAY AT 50 YEARS OLD
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »
I kind of figured this would happen. I really hoped he would pull through though. Rest In Peace, X. One of the greatest of all time.

Marco

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »
Damn, man. :o

I was about to ask here about his condition. Rest in Paradise, Earl "X" Simmons. Very sad news. :'(

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:22:43 AM by Marco »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

DEKO

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 11:02:06 AM »
DMX born Earl Simmons

50 Years old, from NY, USA

May he Rest In Peace

DMX famous for his career as a rapper born in NY, died today April 9, 2021 after suffering cardiac arrest and being put on life support. The mainstream media are using his part history to smear his name in death claiming he died of a drug overdose. His family say DMX suffered cardiac arrest days after receiving a Covid-19 vaccine

The Predator

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 11:03:50 AM »
He's gone?!

*takes deep breath*

Been listening to his tunes on my early morning jogs this week, it's going to sting tommorow.

A guy i knew 'Baldy' who was like X's biggest fan also passed away just a few months back due to drink/drugs.
Ill never forget when X dropped his two albums in 98 and Baldy played them to us in a session back to back, quoting all the real shit...was intense!
Everyone at the party would go quiet and bow heads when one of the prayer tracks/skits would play haha.

Feel like grabbing a couple of beers and read X's book for the first time, watch some of his films.

R.I.P Earl Simmons aka Dark Man X (December 18, 1970 – April 9, 2021),

Random DMX story -
https://twitter.com/jenniferfraser/status/1379514963308408834

Real shit, how i feel right now (X could touch ya feelings with his music, a rare gift) -

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:12:20 AM by The Predator »

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 11:07:48 AM »
DMX born Earl Simmons

50 Years old, from NY, USA

May he Rest In Peace

DMX famous for his career as a rapper born in NY, died today April 9, 2021 after suffering cardiac arrest and being put on life support. The mainstream media are using his part history to smear his name in death claiming he died of a drug overdose. His family say DMX suffered cardiac arrest days after receiving a Covid-19 vaccine

where u seein this?

dnjp4life

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »
Rest in peace DMX, you dropped some of the best and most memorable raps during your career, and went down as a legend in this shit a long time ago.  One of the most unique and instantly recognisable voices in rap too.

Loved hearing his stuff back in the day when I was at school, going to clubs etc.

I know he had his health issues and it’s not all that surprising but it’s still incredibly sad.

Rubinho

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 11:19:04 AM »
Damn RIP X. One of the frst rappers I listened to.
Since the news he was in the hospital I kept thinking about his song 'Slippin'. He had some great songs with deep lyrics. Will bump some extra the coming weeks. Wonder what the real cause of death is...

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »
This hits on another level. Grew up on DMX

The Predator

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
DMX: US rapper dies aged 50 following heart attack

Multi-platinum rapper, celebrated for raw storytelling, was first artist to top US charts with first five albums

DMX, the New York rapper whose gruff tone electrified the US music scene in the late 1990s, has died aged 50.

The star, whose real name was Earl Simmons, was hospitalised after a heart attack on 2 April, and had been placed in a critical care unit at White Plains hospital, New York. His family had organised a prayer vigil outside, which took place on Monday.

“Earl was a warrior who fought till the very end,” a statement from his family read. “He loved his family with all of his heart and we cherish the times we spent with him. Earl’s music inspired countless fans across the world and his iconic legacy will live on forever. We appreciate all of the love and support during this incredibly difficult time.”

His label Def Jam Records wrote: “DMX was a brilliant artist and an inspiration to millions around the world. His message of triumph over struggle, his search for the light out of darkness, his pursuit of truth and grace brought us closer to our own humanity. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and all those who loved him and were touched by him.”

Eve, who was a member of the Ruff Ryders rap collective that also included DMX, was among the artists paying tribute. She wrote: “You were one of the most special people I have ever met. Full of humour, talent, wisdom and love and most of all loyalty.”

DMX scored five US No 1 albums, featuring hip-hop anthems such as Party Up (Up in Here), What’s My Name? and X Gon’ Give It to Ya. With his gripping tales of crime and rivalry, peppered with energetic ad-libs and frank lyrics about his own psychology, he was credited with bringing fresh storytelling and rawness to the “gangsta rap” scene of the 1990s.

Simmons was born in the New York suburb of Mount Vernon in 1970, and was partially raised in children’s homes after suffering physical abuse by his mother. He took his stage name from an Oberheim DMX drum machine in one of the homes.

He spent time in juvenile detention centre, and then prison as an adult, for a series of crimes including carjacking – “jail was a playground,” he later said – at the same time as he began honing his rap career. A 1992 deal with Columbia Records faltered, but he later signed with Def Jam, who released his debut single Get at Me Dog in 1998.

It began a period of major success, that included a much-admired performance in front of an estimated 200,000 people at the notorious Woodstock festival in 1999.

His first two albums – It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood – were released in 1998 and quickly went multi-platinum, made him the first living rapper to release two No 1 albums in the same year. With 2003 album Grand Champ, he became the first artist to score five US No 1s with their first five albums.

He was nominated for three Grammy awards, including best rap album for 2001’s …And Then There Was X, and guested on tracks by Jay-Z, Aaliyah, LL Cool J and more.

As he continued to release music, he began an acting career in 1998, heading up the crime drama Belly alongside hip-hop stars including Nas and Method Man.

He found success playing leads in two thrillers by the Polish director Andrzej Bartkowiak: Exit Wounds (2000) with Steven Seagal, and Cradle 2 the Grave (2003) with Jet Li, with whom he also starred in Romeo Must Die (2000). Further roles came alongside actors such as Kris Kristofferson and Michael Madsen, and he appeared as himself in the 2014 Chris Rock film Top Five.

Amid his success, he had a fractious personal life, struggling with drug use that began aged 14, and committing further crimes. During the 2000s he was given minor sentences for convictions including animal cruelty, drug possession and various driving charges, and spent short periods in prison, including for parole violations.

In 2015, he was sentenced to six months in prison for failing to pay child support. Simmons fathered 15 children, with the most recent, Exodus, born in 2016. In 2018, he served a year-long sentence for tax evasion.

During a jail term in 2010, he was moved to a mental health unit. At his original sentencing, the judge had said she believed he had an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. Simmons never announced a diagnosis, but referred to having multiple personalities, including in 2020 when he said: “There’s a few things, a few people in me – they get me through life.” In 2011, he said: “I used to be really clear on who was what and what characteristics each personality had, but I don’t know at this point.”

He visited drug rehabilitation facilities numerous times, most recently in 2019 when he cancelled tour dates, citing an “ongoing commitment to putting family and sobriety first”.

He released seven studio albums in all, the most recent being Undisputed in 2012. A further album, Redemption of the Beast, was released in 2015, but was unauthorised by Simmons.

In 2019, producer Swizz Beatz announced that Simmons had a signed a new deal with Def Jam, and was working on a new album. In 2020, he engaged in a rap battle with Snoop Dogg for the popular online series Verzuz, with more than 500,000 viewers.

Rappers including E-40, Noname and Juicy J were among those also paying tribute, along with Missy Elliott, who wrote: “Even though you had battles you touched so many through your music.” Nigerian music star Burna Boy wrote: “Thank you for being the soundtrack of my childhood.”

Actor Viola Davis wrote: “I pray for the comfort of your children and loved ones,” with Halle Berry writing: “His gift meant so much to so many.”

---------

DMX obituary

Rap star and actor who embodied the edgy and lawless life depicted in his work

The first rapper to have his first five albums go straight to the top of the US chart, DMX, who has died aged 50 following a heart attack, established himself as the premier exponent of hardcore rap in the aftermath of the violent deaths of the Notorious BIG and Tupac Shakur. He announced himself with his multi-platinum-selling debut album It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot (1998), a stormy survey of greed, violence, crime and betrayal, which also displayed his gift for blending light and heavy textures behind an intense, menacing presence at the microphone.

Before the end of that year DMX had released his second blockbuster, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, another huge seller. He was suddenly the new king of Planet Rap, yet when the 1999 Grammy award nominations came around he was nowhere to be seen. This omission prompted the rap superstar Jay-Z (who would win the best rap album Grammy that year) to boycott the awards ceremony “because too many major rap artists continue to be overlooked”, as he put it. “Rappers deserve more attention from the Grammy committee and from the whole world.”

Grammy recognition never came DMX’s way, probably because he embodied the edgy and lawless life depicted in his work, even if he did protest that he was a Bible-reading Christian. The son of a broken home who lived on the streets for much of his youth, DMX spent so much time in jails and courtrooms, because of innumerable arrests for drugs, firearms, robberies, tax evasion and more, that it is remarkable he was able to find the time to make records and appear in films and TV. “I’m not going to make [my music] for the mainstream,” he told GQ in 2019. “I’d rather make music for people that I come in contact with, people that I can count on. That’s what I make my music for. People in the hood.”
DMX with his award for male entertainer of the year at the Soul Train Music awards, 2000. The previous year, Jay-Z boycotted the Grammy awards ceremony when DMX failed to win any nominations.

He was born Earl Simmons in a housing project in Baltimore, Maryland. His father, Joe Barker, wanted nothing to do with Earl, and his mother, Arnett Simons, moved Earl and his older sister, Bonita, to the School Streets projects in Yonkers, New York. Earl suffered abuse from his mother and her boyfriends, his mother once knocking some of his teeth out with a broom handle. After being ejected from school, he spent 18 months in the Julia Dyckman Andrus home for vulnerable children. Subsequently he occupied much of his time wandering the streets, drifting into robbery and petty crime. He developed a fondness for adopting stray dogs, and dogs would become a regular motif in his work (“Where my dogs at?” became a familiar DMX catchphrase, and he was sometimes known as Dog Man X).

He spent periods in juvenile detention and youth group homes, but in between found a refuge in hip-hop and rap. He worked as a DJ and human beatbox, then began to develop his own rapping style. He took the name DMX from the Oberheim DMX digital drum machine, though it was sometimes considered an abbreviation of Dark Man X. His early mentor was a rapper called Ready Ron. However, as DMX said in an interview in 2020: “Everything in my life is blessed with a curse.” Though Ready Ron gave him a leg up into music, he also introduced him to hard drugs when he gave him a blunt (a joint made with tobacco leaves) laced with crack cocaine. “Why would you do that to a child?” asked DMX, who claimed he had never touched any drug before that. “A monster was born.” He developed a cocaine addiction that he claimed to have beaten in 2011, although he subsequently made several stays in rehab facilities.

He began to get noticed in the media, for instance in the Source magazine’s Unsigned Hype column. He was signed to the Ruffhouse label and released Born Loser (1993) as his debut single, but the label was unable to promote it adequately and released him from his contract. His progress was thwarted by a conviction for drug possession in 1994, but after appearing on a number of underground mixtapes he won a deal with Def Jam in 1997. After reputation-building guest appearances on tracks by LL Cool J, Mase and the Lox, DMX’s first single for Def Jam was the aptly named Get at Me Dog, a hit on the rap and dance charts which set him up for the release of It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot. This sold more than 5m copies after its dramatic No 1 debut.

In the same year, he had a starring role in Hype Williams’s movie Belly, which gained cult status among rap aficionados. Then, that December, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood (with a cover photo of the artist in a bath full of blood) also went straight to the top of the chart, making him the second rapper in history (after Tupac) to release two albums in the same year that both debuted at No 1.

Despite his burgeoning success, trouble kept following the artist around. In 1998 he was cleared of charges of rape, stabbing and assault. A later police raid on his home brought charges of drug and weapons possession and animal cruelty, though plea bargains kept him out of jail.

His musical profile gained a further boost from his appearance on the compilation album Ryde Or Die, Vol 1 (by the Ruff Ryders posse). His third album, … And Then There Was X, appeared at the end of 1999, another multimillion-seller that debuted atop the chart. It gave him a Top 10 hit on the R&B charts (and a Top 30 on the mainstream chart) with Party Up (Up in Here).
DMX and Steven Seagal in Exit Wounds, 2001, a box-office smash that earned the rapper a multi-picture deal with Warner Bros.

He continued to veer between the dark and the light. In March 2000, he was arrested for driving without a licence and possessing marijuana, and that June he was indicted on weapons and drugs charges. He was sentenced to 15 days in jail, then received an assault charge for attacking prison officers. In the same year, he appeared with Jet Li in the hit action movie Romeo Must Die, and in 2001 starred in Exit Wounds alongside Steven Seagal, a box-office smash that earned the rapper a multi-picture deal with Warner Bros. Further films included Cradle 2 the Grave (2003, with Li), on which DMX also contributed significantly to the soundtrack album, Never Die Alone (2004), Lords of the Street (2008, with Kris Kristofferson), Pimp (2018) and Beyond the Law (2019). He also made a number of TV appearances, and in 2006 appeared in the reality show DMX: Soul of a Man.

He published EARL: The Autobiography of DMX in 2002. His streak of straight-to-No 1 albums continued with The Great Depression (2001) and Grand Champ (2003), though his sales figures were now on a downward trend. Year of the Dog … Again (2006) stalled at 2 on the US chart and failed to reach platinum status. Undisputed (2012) reached 19, while the undistinguished Redemption of the Beast (2015) triggered a lawsuit from the DMX camp against Seven Arts Entertainment for supposedly releasing it without the artist’s consent.

The rapper’s legal tussles continued apace, with jail sentences in 2008 and 2010. In 2018 he was sentenced to a year in jail owing $1.7m (£1.2m) in unpaid taxes and penalties. “In many ways he is, to give the cliche, his own worst enemy,” the judge commented.

DMX had 15 children, including two with the model Yadira Borrego, four from his marriage to Tashera Simmons, from whom he was divorced in 2014 (they appeared together in the TV series Couples Therapy in 2012), and one with his fiancee, Desiree Landstrom. “I got a few in New York; I got a few in Cali,” DMX remarked of his other offspring.

He is survived by Landstrom and his children, and his mother.

DMX (Earl Simmons), rapper and actor, born 18 December 1970; died 9 April 2021

SuperSpider

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2021, 12:27:40 PM »
BARK AT 'EM, DAWG

Grew up on his albums. RIP to a legend.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 12:29:49 PM »
Sounds like another cover-up to me—just like Marvin Hagler.  Family says it was from the vaxx not from drug overdose.

That said, RIP DMX.  Definitely not one of my personal favorites—and was a big part of that era that took over after Pac passed and Death Row faded, so I always resented those dudes.  I did like him on some classic joints like that LL all-star cut “4,3,2,1” was legendary and then with Jayo Felony’s lead single “What you Gonna Do”.  Other songs caught my attention but didn’t hold it. 

Overall—DMX really loved, respected, and represented the culture—so hiphop mourns his loss as a community.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

DEKO

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 12:56:37 PM »

where u seein this?

It's on Telegram in the Covid Vaccine Victims group. I got a push notification.

DEKO

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
DMX Received Covid Vaccine Days Before Heart Attack - Family Says NO DRUGS! (EXCLUSIVE) - Daily Post USA - https://www.dailypostusa.com/news/dmx-received-covid-vaccine-days-before-heart-attack-family-says-no-drugs-exclusive/

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
DMX Received Covid Vaccine Days Before Heart Attack - Family Says NO DRUGS! (EXCLUSIVE) - Daily Post USA - https://www.dailypostusa.com/news/dmx-received-covid-vaccine-days-before-heart-attack-family-says-no-drugs-exclusive/

Yeah homie.. https://washingtonnewspost.com/news/dmx-received-covid-vaccine-days-before-heart-attack-family-says-no-drugs-exclusive/ read about it on washingtonnewspost.com and it's all over twitter. 

Bill Gates and his Big Tech Cronies try to censor all of this stuff so they can scrub it off major media but it still gets out through social media and outside the mainstream media.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)