Author Topic: R.I.P. Black Rob  (Read 367 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
R.I.P. Black Rob
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:57:38 PM »
The man responsible for the banger “I Dare You” off the Slam Track.  A HipHop “Eye of the Tiger”.  Most y’all might remember him for the big year 2000 hit “Woah” or for being on Bad Boy and Puffy’s No Way Out Album.

Another one of Puffys rap artists that didn’t end up too well after his run with Pufff.  Maybe that’s what happens when you sell your sell to the devil.  Look, I give credit where credit is due.  He put a battery in a lot of their backs, he produced high quality songs and albums for those cats and many sounded shitty without Puff in the building — but Puff is part of the Hollywood Cult that would happily sell their souls for fame and fortune.  Puff was the one of the Masonic soldiers promoting the Covid scam in the black community.

Puffy's rap artists (remember 2pac warned us about this dude)

- Biggie (dead)
- Mase (so fed up with the game he left and became a preacher in his prime)
- Loon (long prison bid converted to Islam)
- Shyne (long prison bid trying to protect Puffy in club)
- Craig Mack (dead)
- G Dep (prison)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:45:36 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

Re: R.I.P. Black Rob
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 09:59:57 PM »
Rip
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 12:11:37 AM »
R.I.P. I'm gonna bump "Life Story" today.

romson19

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 03:39:33 AM »
Rip BLack Rob... sad story

RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Westdog

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 04:55:48 AM »
😞 Dmx, then Black Rob. RIP.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »
RIP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »
R.I.P. I'm gonna bump "Life Story" today.

Wish he would have done a whole album with Joe Hooker.  The “You Don’t Know Me” track on Life Story is a nice joint
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The Predator

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 06:28:00 AM »
'Woah' was a straight up hit, had the streets vibing off Rob's wordplay on the title word.
This was around the time the Budweiser adverts 'Whasssup?' was doing the catchphrase rounds too.

Black Rob “Whoa” (2000)

Buckwild: “I always had a relationship with Rob and his manager at the time, Shaq. This is New York. Everybody’s cool with everybody. So I think I got a call from Harve Pierre, who was the A&R, saying, ‘Yo, we’re trying to finish Rob’s album. Come down and play some beats.’ I think it was Shaq and Harve who were the last people that said, ‘Yo, you got to let Rob hear this beat.’ Afterwards, I heard some crazy stories of the creation process of the song.

“Somebody told me 50 Cent wrote the song, which I laughed at. And then I heard Puerto Rock came up with the hook. Nonetheless, doing the song, the track came out crazy. I didn’t think the song was going to be as big as it was. Only two people who heard the record said it was going to be a big record. One was Lord Finesse, and the other was Lenny S from Roc-A-Fella.

“Lenny S gave the beat to Jay-Z, then Memphis Bleek, then Amil, and then other people. They all passed on it. So Rob does the record and a week later I walk into Def Jam, I hear Lenny playing the record going, ‘I told ya’ll this record is going to be crazy! All ya’ll niggas slept on this record.’ That record kind of brought Bad Boy back. I think that was the first video, which Puff was actually in for a long time.”

R.i.P - Robert Ross (June 8, 1968 – April 17, 2021)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:33:20 AM by The Predator »

The following users thanked this post: Okka

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 07:32:34 AM »
'Woah' was a straight up hit, had the streets vibing off Rob's wordplay on the title word.
This was around the time the Budweiser adverts 'Whasssup?' was doing the catchphrase rounds too.

R.i.P - Robert Ross (June 8, 1968 – April 17, 2021)

Nice story, I remember back when that track first dropped.  Off top, my only beef with it at the rhyme was that I thought it was too calculated with the catchphrase.  Because you had a lot of rappers doing catch phrases and shit back then to get a hit... like P was doing "Uhhh" and made a pathetic next attempt with "Hoootie Hoo" (Which I thought was bit off Outkast)... DMX had the dog barking thing.. Snoop tried to do "Woof, Woof"... there's dozens of others but I forget, but catch phrases were the lick to try to catch an easy hit..

It was at that time that Rob came with "Woah".. and I thought it was something Puffy cooked up to try to give Rob a come up... but nice to hear this back story because that makes it sound more organic and less like they planned it...