Author Topic: Which Athletes were the biggest hip-hop headz?  (Read 268 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Which Athletes were the biggest hip-hop headz?
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:29:49 PM »

yeah I forgot Kobe was a hip-hop dude.  I remember him back in the Brian McKnight video years back.  It's ironic that him and Shaq have so much in common... both were rappers/NBA stars, you would think they would of been better friends.  Here's a list of NBA cats I know in rap...

1.  Shaq - deserves the #1 spot because he actually went platinum.  I even remember having the album and banging the FuSnickens joint when it came out.

2.  Kobe - Kobe's #2 but there is probably someone I'm forgetting.  I remember there was some talk of him cutting an album back in the days when he featured on the Brian McKnight video, but I can't remember the reason it didn't materialize

3.  Allen Iverson - Iverson had a banger back in the day but I haven't listened in a while.  From what I remember he was going to do an album but his agent, 76ers, or David Stern, or NBA was kind of against it because the lyrics were controversial or whatever. 

4.  Chris Webber - not sure i've heard him rap but he produced a nice joint on Nas Hip-Hop is Dead album

5.  Kevin Garnett - I always see this dude hanging out with rappers, so I know he's probably one of the biggest hip-hop heads in basketball but not sure if he's ever cut something on wax

6.  Damon Stoudamire - thought I heard something about him in the day

Other sports

7.  Andre Rison - this cat was homies with a lot of the Death Row cats like the Dogg Pound back in the mid-90's I remember he was playing for the Chiefs at the time, was bumping Daz "Don't Try To Play Me Homie" in a feature they did on him

8.  Dwayne Bowe -  not really my generation, Bowe tried to get back into rap after he retired a few years ago.  He was a star wide receiver for the Chiefs, his music was more like a Cash Money kind of sound or style, not really my style, but it was alright.. very good for a second career.

9.  Deon Sanders -  had a rap album I think, I remember his music video.  It was kind of weak and all about celebrity and having money, but still you got to love Deon.  Him and Snoop have always been close friends. 

...just off the top of the dome what I remember about athletes in rap.  Source used to always do that cross feature of sports and rap so you'd find out a lot about which athletes rap and vice/versa but I forgot most of it
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Which Athletes were the biggest hip-hop headz?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 11:11:43 PM »
kobes album just leaked, peep the west coast section

damian lillard is solid too and lonzo ball ain’t bad

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »

Chris Webber came tighter than Kurupt on that joint... I'm guessin it was that Kuruption era when Kurupt didn't have Dre and Daz in the building anymore doing quality control for him...

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:29:56 AM »
Chris Webber was dope so was Cedric Ceballos. Not sure how familiar you are with current NBA by Damian Lillard raps too

Lonzo pretty damn good too

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 11:43:19 PM »

ahh the good ol dayz... nice joint here good to see Death Row comedian Ricky Harris up in there and also produced by Warren G.  Just kind of hit me the other day Ricky Harris was doin all those voices back in the day while I was bumpin "21 Jumpstreet"

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 11:46:19 PM »