Author Topic: Proof Speaks about Murder Inc Incident  (Read 244 times)

Kain77

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Proof Speaks about Murder Inc Incident
« on: May 14, 2003, 01:47:38 PM »
-12's Proof Claims Assault By Murder Inc Affiliates
By Biba Adams with Nolan Strong
Date: 5/14/2003 4:04 pm

According to Big Proof of D-12, on Saturday, May 3rd, 2003, he was assaulted by 12-14 people affiliated with Murder Inc. Records.

"Straight from the horses mouth, Murder Inc. caught me at the Rolexx in Florida," Proof told AllHipHop.com. "They got me out numbered, 12 or 14 [people] to 3. I got no cuts, a lil' bruised, but let it be known it is on and poppin’ and Irv was there."

According to Proof, he was involved in the altercation with Murder Inc. while in the Miami area working on the debut album of Motown recording artist, Dina Rae. The female singer croons on "Superman" from The Eminem Show as well as songs from each of the rapper's previous albums.

According to reports, Proof was relaxing after recording, when someone in Irv Gotti's entourage approached him and attacked.

"They snuck me," Proof continued. "They were a bunch of kittens and DJ's, because all I got was scratches."

The beef between Murder Inc. and Shady Records/G-Unit has been escalating for months since the signing of 50 Cent to Shady/Aftermath. However, prior to the signing, 50 Cent had been spewing at Murder Inc, seemingly exacerbating the long running and seemingly volatile situation.

On the latest Green Lantern mixtape, "The Conspiracy," the Shady Records roster [Eminem, D12, Obie Trice, 50 Cent, and the incarcerated G-Unit member Tony Yayo] takes turn spitting retaliatory words at Ja Rule and Murder Inc.

On one song, recorded prior to the fight, Proof spits straight at Gotti: " Slim didn't send Proof to get at the wanksters/He told me to let loose and spit at the gangsters/What up Gotti....get pushed on, put your ear to the ground for Stuckey and Butch Jones. (Detroit gangsters)/What's wrong didn't think we strong with real niggas, roll like a boss in the streets, they still feel us. It's real business, y'all ain't caught the concept/You're talking nonsense/Contacts was blown by Benzetta (Benzino) and The Source/Threaten at the boss you gonna; see me on your porch? Now Irv got the nerve to try to serve on us/but Detroit niggas scurv and ain't scared to bust."

A long-time hip-hop veteran, Proof founded the group D12 with Eminem before Eminem was signed to a record label.

Proof is currently preparing to release his own solo album, Searching 4 Jerry Garcia, which will drop in his own Iron Fist Records, so named for the large statue of Joe Louis' fist that is a Detroit landmark.

Proof is also contributing extensively to the still untitled Detroit Book Project, a project that will document the history of hiphop music and culture in the city.

Murder Inc declined to comment on this story
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 01:51:17 PM by Kain77 »

soufside

Re:Proof Speaks about Murder Inc Incident
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 01:50:22 PM »
bof crus iz bitch nun uh dem is realy doin a ting

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 03:04:47 PM »

... Can someone translate this?

funkstylz

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 03:09:15 PM »
ay soufside , take that platinum outta your mouffffff no one can understand u

Kain670

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 07:37:23 PM »
Fucking punk get your own screen name >:(

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 08:28:12 PM »
why does he allway point out that irvgotti was there? sound like a lie to me....its like daz dillingers post...you post something but change the story.

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 09:56:20 PM »

... Can someone translate this?

Sorry, my Cracker Jack Decoder Ring is broken at the moment....
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Kain77

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 10:15:24 PM »
why does he allway point out that irvgotti was there? sound like a lie to me....its like daz dillingers post...you post something but change the story.

i guess he said that because people were sayin Irv wasn't there

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 10:35:57 PM »
kittens & djs.. cause i got nothin but scratches

lmao, nice way to put things in perspective
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 04:43:22 PM »

i guess he said that because people were sayin Irv wasn't there
you could be right ....but i  read Proofs post Hours before any other report about that......so i thought proof was the first who talked about it and he said the same thing in his first post.