Author Topic: Was that Big Boy dissing Dre on that Death Row release around 99??  (Read 868 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Big Boy and Dre are homies but it sounds like Big Boy dissing Dre on that Milkbone song and doing a lot of intros outros before and after tracks
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

Re: Was that Big Boy dissing Dre on that Death Row release around 99??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 02:51:46 AM »
Yeah, it was. I always wondered why he even got involved in "Suge Knight Represents Chronic 2000: Still Smokin'". Suge probably paid him a bunch of money.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 03:06:35 PM »
Yeah, it was. I always wondered why he even got involved in "Suge Knight Represents Chronic 2000: Still Smokin'". Suge probably paid him a bunch of money.

So he stabbed Dre in the back and Dre is okay with it??   They act like they best friends these days

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 05:02:35 AM »
So he stabbed Dre in the back and Dre is okay with it??   They act like they best friends these days

Yeah, I don't know. It always seemed real weird to me. J. Flexx said that Dre doesn't hold grudges over people dissing him though, so I guess they got past it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 06:57:16 AM »
Yeah, I don't know. It always seemed real weird to me. J. Flexx said that Dre doesn't hold grudges over people dissing him though, so I guess they got past it.

Yeah Big Boy must’ve gotten paid a lot... because Dre was hott again at the time and Suge was in jail and the Row in decline...

He dissed Eminem as well at the beginning of the Milkbone track as well, right??  I can’t remember the album I just remember him narrating the whole thing and taking cheap shots at Dre, Aftermath, Snoop as well?? 

thegooddoc

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 08:58:32 PM »
I totally forgot about this album.  Man it was every bit as terrible as I remember it.  Death Row was too busy trying to diss everybody and stopped worrying about making good music or maybe they weren't capable.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 11:00:38 PM »
I totally forgot about this album.  Man it was every bit as terrible as I remember it.  Death Row was too busy trying to diss everybody and stopped worrying about making good music or maybe they weren't capable.

Suge must’ve forgot that you could have that gangsta image all day at Death Row but at the end of the day it was Dre that knew how to make great records that blew them up. 

Okka

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 04:23:41 AM »
Yeah Big Boy must’ve gotten paid a lot... because Dre was hott again at the time and Suge was in jail and the Row in decline...

He dissed Eminem as well at the beginning of the Milkbone track as well, right??  I can’t remember the album I just remember him narrating the whole thing and taking cheap shots at Dre, Aftermath, Snoop as well??

I'm not sure if he dissed Snoop, but he definitely went at Dre on a few songs. He was callin' him "Alize" like Pac did. I haven't listened to the compilation in a while, but I might just do that because of this thread. There's some songs I consider classics on it, but I think it should've been only one disc and it could've been named something else entirely.

BJV

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 07:18:46 PM »
Just bumping this album now and looking back it's hilarious that Tha Realest and Top Dogg were recruited to replace 2Pac and Snoop. This album does have some bangers though for what it is.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 04:07:02 PM »
What bangers?  Only good song I remember was a Soopafly joint from Whoopty Woo

BJV

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 04:36:44 PM »
What bangers?  Only good song I remember was a Soopafly joint from Whoopty Woo

Dogg Pound - Roll Wit us, Soopafly & Dogg Pound - OG To BG, 2Pac Late Night produced by Quik, 2Pac Who Do You Believe In, that Top Dogg track Quik produced is actually good and I gotta say that I like Michel'le - Mr. Officer.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »
Dogg Pound - Roll Wit us, Soopafly & Dogg Pound - OG To BG, 2Pac Late Night produced by Quik, 2Pac Who Do You Believe In, that Top Dogg track Quik produced is actually good and I gotta say that I like Michel'le - Mr. Officer.

I haven't listened to the album since it came out.  I lost track of it at some point.  I got to go back and check the two Dogg Pound songs on there, "Roll Wit Us" and "OG to BG".  Not sure why I don't recall them.  "Who Do You Believe In" and "Late Night" are two gems from the Pac Vault, but I'd already had those on a couple of the 2pac bootlegs that were really popular around 98.  Don't remember the Top Dogg track Quik produced, I'll have to go back and check that.  Unless you are talking about that wack single he made that sounded like Snoop's track??  And "Mr. Officer" I also go to go back and check.

BJV

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 08:29:09 PM »
I haven't listened to the album since it came out.  I lost track of it at some point.  I got to go back and check the two Dogg Pound songs on there, "Roll Wit Us" and "OG to BG".  Not sure why I don't recall them.  "Who Do You Believe In" and "Late Night" are two gems from the Pac Vault, but I'd already had those on a couple of the 2pac bootlegs that were really popular around 98.  Don't remember the Top Dogg track Quik produced, I'll have to go back and check that.  Unless you are talking about that wack single he made that sounded like Snoop's track??  And "Mr. Officer" I also go to go back and check.

There's another track on there by Top Dogg called Top Dogg Cindafella, that song is a blatant Snoop rip off. Then again Top Dogg is a Snoop rip off all together but the Quik produced track is one of his better songs, his lyrics still arent that good but the beat makes 90% of the song. I don't know what the deal was or if he ever even was in the studio with Quik recording this or that Quik sold this beat to Suge but it was definitely not a leftover from Quiks earlier Deathrow days cause the beat basically sounds like something straight off off Balance and Options and Quik used that same snare sample on other tracks too.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 07:51:23 PM »
There's another track on there by Top Dogg called Top Dogg Cindafella, that song is a blatant Snoop rip off. Then again Top Dogg is a Snoop rip off all together but the Quik produced track is one of his better songs, his lyrics still arent that good but the beat makes 90% of the song. I don't know what the deal was or if he ever even was in the studio with Quik recording this or that Quik sold this beat to Suge but it was definitely not a leftover from Quiks earlier Deathrow days cause the beat basically sounds like something straight off off Balance and Options and Quik used that same snare sample on other tracks too.

word up.. good info

-Quikness-

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 11:52:19 AM »
oh shyt I cant believe after all these years and I never realised that was big boy talking at the start of those songs lol