Author Topic: LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”  (Read 331 times)

Sccit

LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:19:23 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 10:57:21 PM »

Damn that was dope I got to look into this...
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 01:16:47 AM »
Damn that was dope I got to look into this...

u ever get into lupe?

my boy whos passed away recently (bless his memory) swore he was the goat emcee

HighEyeCue

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 06:27:13 AM »
I prefer Nas but you can definitely make the argument for Lupe as the GOAT lyricist...he's that good

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:46:22 AM »
heres royces diss:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 11:49:48 AM »

u ever get into lupe?

my boy whos passed away recently (bless his memory) swore he was the goat emcee

Of course I was big into Lupe from jump... because that was at the height of my Muslim orthodoxy phase of my life, and here was a Muslim rap artist with major props reppin' Islam and doing songs like the "Muhammad walks" joint (remake of Kanye "Jesus Walks").   I also loved the joint "Kick Push" and "The Box" (about television affect on people).  You could probably find a gang of posts of me promoting Lupe from 06'.

But it actually ended up being a lot like Royce.  You really expecting for a classic album in the works and then it never comes.  (I'd even settle for a near classic like Canibus opening release)  Closest Royce ever came was the EP he did with Em that had a few bangers but not a classic.  That bootleg you sent me was classic for sure, but nothing official.  I know you consider Phryme a classic but it still ain't caught me just yet (though I need to give it another chance).

At the end of the day I'm a way bigger Royce fan than Lupe.  I actually haven't bumped Lupe at all since the initial buzz he had in 06' (year my son was born).   I bumped him a lot that year and never after.   But Royce I've been bumping regularly since 99' up until this day.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »
Of course I was big into Lupe from jump... because that was at the height of my Muslim orthodoxy phase of my life, and here was a Muslim rap artist with major props reppin' Islam and doing songs like the "Muhammad walks" joint (remake of Kanye "Jesus Walks").   I also loved the joint "Kick Push" and "The Box" (about television affect on people).  You could probably find a gang of posts of me promoting Lupe from 06'.

But it actually ended up being a lot like Royce.  You really expecting for a classic album in the works and then it never comes.  (I'd even settle for a near classic like Canibus opening release)  Closest Royce ever came was the EP he did with Em that had a few bangers but not a classic.  That bootleg you sent me was classic for sure, but nothing official.  I know you consider Phryme a classic but it still ain't caught me just yet (though I need to give it another chance).

At the end of the day I'm a way bigger Royce fan than Lupe.  I actually haven't bumped Lupe at all since the initial buzz he had in 06' (year my son was born).   I bumped him a lot that year and never after.   But Royce I've been bumping regularly since 99' up until this day.

never really got into em but i think a lot of people consider the food n liquor albums classix

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »
never really got into em but i think a lot of people consider the food n liquor albums classix

I was so into Islam then I remember it was a big let down when he titled his album “Food and Liquor”

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 10:36:33 PM »