Author Topic: Bones Faces of Death 1st album Discussion Thread  (Read 535 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Bones Faces of Death 1st album Discussion Thread
« on: July 31, 2021, 10:57:56 PM »
Any fans of this... their style was still dark but the flow is different, what y’all think of it?

And anyone that hates major labels—you got to give love to Ruthless and Eazy because they elevated their game to the upmost for Creeepin EP
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 12:14:59 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Bones Faces of Death 1st album Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 09:56:46 PM »
dope album

not classic like their ruthless shit, but still got some nice shit on there

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 10:12:39 PM »
dope album

not classic like their ruthless shit, but still got some nice shit on there

Was U-Neek around then?  Maybe it was DJ U-Neek that took them next level?   I mean how do you go from Faces of Death to a certified 5 Mic Classic with the EP?

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »
Was U-Neek around then?  Maybe it was DJ U-Neek that took them next level?   I mean how do you go from Faces of Death to a certified 5 Mic Classic with the EP?

bone met u-neek out in LA, so his production was def a part of it.. also, with ruthless they had better direction, a bigger budget, and were more seasoned overall..

creepin on ah come up was classic, but e.1999 was on another level .. arguably a top 5 album in hip-hop history.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »

bone met u-neek out in LA, so his production was def a part of it.. also, with ruthless they had better direction, a bigger budget, and were more seasoned overall..

creepin on ah come up was classic, but e.1999 was on another level .. arguably a top 5 album in hip-hop history.

ah word.. yeah then U-Neek was also a huge factor.  Wonder if it was Eazy's wisdom to put U-Neek there with Bone.  Did U-Neek produce any similar shit for Eazy or other artists around the time, or he just crafted that production for Bone?  I remember hearing an interview about it one time, but only part I remember was that they were recording with U-Neek and they went out to get something and came back and he had a beat playing, and when they heard that beat they knew that was the sound they wanted for the whole EP, something like that.

I consider Creepin On A Come Up to be equal in quality to East 99' they are both 5 mic classics in my book.  Only reason East 99 gets the edge is its a full length album and Creepin is an EP. 

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 09:46:01 AM »
ah word.. yeah then U-Neek was also a huge factor.  Wonder if it was Eazy's wisdom to put U-Neek there with Bone.  Did U-Neek produce any similar shit for Eazy or other artists around the time, or he just crafted that production for Bone?  I remember hearing an interview about it one time, but only part I remember was that they were recording with U-Neek and they went out to get something and came back and he had a beat playing, and when they heard that beat they knew that was the sound they wanted for the whole EP, something like that.

I consider Creepin On A Come Up to be equal in quality to East 99' they are both 5 mic classics in my book.  Only reason East 99 gets the edge is its a full length album and Creepin is an EP.

cant argue against creepin on ah come up, but their style was more defined by east 1999. to me that’s a flawless LP.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »
Faces of death is an underwhelming listen compared to the classics that followed

Eazy definitely helped shape them but I think they were just older and had sharpened their skills and had a better idea of their image and style by then.

Both creepin and e1999 are arguably top 10 hip hop albums of all time

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 03:25:34 PM »

cant argue against creepin on ah come up, but their style was more defined by east 1999. to me that’s a flawless LP.

I don’t know homie I don’t really see much of an upgrade in their style from “Creepin” to “East 99” you got any example of some shit they was doin on East 99 that was a level up??  Cause the beats, the harmonizing, the concepts, the bangers, it’s all there on Creepin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »
Faces of death is an underwhelming listen compared to the classics that followed

Eazy definitely helped shape them but I think they were just older and had sharpened their skills and had a better idea of their image and style by then.

Both creepin and e1999 are arguably top 10 hip hop albums of all time

I wouldn’t have a problem puttin both of them in the top 10 (unless we ain’t countin EP’s... some other possible top 10 albums like G Funk Era and Illmatic are only 2-3 tracks longer than an EP... if Dre woulda cut the R&B and made Aftermath Presents an EP it would be regarded as Classic to this day

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 09:53:43 PM »
I don’t know homie I don’t really see much of an upgrade in their style from “Creepin” to “East 99” you got any example of some shit they was doin on East 99 that was a level up??  Cause the beats, the harmonizing, the concepts, the bangers, it’s all there on Creepin

they delved deeper into their signature dark sound and kept it extremely cohesive and consistent throughout the entire album

EAZY-LI

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 12:44:00 PM »

Your answers are in this interview

The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 03:18:39 AM »
Your answers are in this interview

thanks homie I'll check it out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 12:52:33 AM »
thanks homie I'll check it out

Only thing I really heard was something about an R&B group that he was producing for.. and that was the sound they decided to go with for Bone

EAZY-LI

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 02:02:02 PM »
Only thing I really heard was something about an R&B group that he was producing for.. and that was the sound they decided to go with for Bone

It's this song that krayzie bone liked that u-neek did.

The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

BIGWORM

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 05:46:18 PM »
faces of death is amazing for what it was. i look at it as if it was their demo. definitely the two albums after it you can tell they had a budget and are groomed better with their flows.

fuck man i ordered it back in the day and got the radio version. but its all good i got it signed by krayzie n wish