Author Topic: Dre shoulda put someone from Bone on Compton  (Read 665 times)

midwestryder

Re: Dre shoulda put someone from Bone on Compton
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »
It wouldn't have made the album any worse but definitely would not have helped. The album was so bad.
nope the album bad at all but was a really good album.   you just expected something you didn't get and that was a problem . You forgot that was a new era means a new sound for Dr.Dre not the same old sound you expected

midwestryder

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 09:34:51 PM »
Dre should've scrapped Compton altogether and come up with something that actually lives up to his name and legacy. We've only gotten 3 albums from him since 1992. To say he could've done better is the understatement of the century. Just my own opinion. I'm sure plenty will disagree.
nope Compton did not need to scrapped and it lived up to dr. Dre's Legacy and you forgot what his legacy was because every era Dr.Dre comes with a new sound not the same one that you expected

Safe+Sound

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:47 PM »
nope Compton did not need to scrapped and it lived up to dr. Dre's Legacy and you forgot what his legacy was because every era Dr.Dre comes with a new sound not the same one that you expected

My opinion - it should've scrapped. Obviously it wasn't - it came out. Just my opinion. Second, I haven't forgotten anything. Third, I haven't started a conversation about what I expected... but Compton wasn't it.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »
Definitely disagree.  It lives up to his name and legacy—and considering how old he was when he did it, it was a heroic effort—I don’t know how you could of expected anything more.

How I could've expected anything more? I suppose you're right; the bar has definitely been lowered... but my expectations haven't.

A "heroic effort"? What about Compton made Dr. Dre a hero? Going out on a limb here, but I think his debut album in 1992 pretty much accomplished the hero bit. Compton can't hold a candle to that.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2021, 10:18:11 PM »
musically compton was a classic

impact-wise is where it was lacking

they dropped the ball big time on roll out, promo, press, etc

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Safe+Sound

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 04:01:59 PM »

The best thing about Compton to me was the sonic element. The sound engineering and mastering was phenomenal (as to be expected).

h2k4

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2021, 02:13:13 PM »
nope the album bad at all but was a really good album.   you just expected something you didn't get and that was a problem . You forgot that was a new era means a new sound for Dr.Dre not the same old sound you expected

Nope. Album was terrible. I never expect the same kind of sound from Dre but this album was not enjoyable. From the features to the ghost writers he had. It just wasn't him. He knows that and most people know that.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte, Safe+Sound

HighEyeCue

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 05:07:40 AM »

I also thought Dre's rap style had suffered...he always had a great delivery on previous albums

but musically it was just as good as anything he has done imo

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 06:15:46 AM »
I also thought Dre's rap style had suffered...he always had a great delivery on previous albums

but musically it was just as good as anything he has done imo

you have Kurupt in your sig... listen to how horrible Kurupt sounds on the Horseman album and compare.  Also remember, that Dre is even older than Kurupt by around 5-10 years. 

Dre sounds phenomenally better than Kurupt at this stage.  Of course, that has a lot to do with him being a perfectionist and he has someone to do the reference vocals for him and then they probably do 1,000 takes to get it right--but regardless I'd much rather hear Dre on a joint than Kurupt.  Dre sounds way better.  His voice is still intact and he puts his all into it.

Kurupt thinks that just because he yells and screams or sounds angry or "like he means it" on some new shit that that means he's still some kind of beast on the mic... but the last time Kurupt sounded good on the mic to me was Space Boogie.  I knew he had lost it when he made Against the Grain.  That was Death Row so you would of expected him to come with something special for that and he had nothing... all washed up..

but I still listen to old Kurupt in regular rotation
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)