Author Topic: New Joint: GRIP FEAT. EMINEM - WALK THROUGH  (Read 194 times)

Sccit

mtbsm

Re: New Joint: GRIP FEAT. EMINEM - WALK THROUGH
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 03:59:13 PM »
Wasn’t feeling the EPMD2 verse but he killed this. Best verse front to back from him in a minute and I’m feeling almost all his shit Kamikaze onward

Em hears everything people say obviously. Giving the new signee that verse is the ultimate promo. Burden used to cry he wasn’t out pushing SH back in the day
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:44:57 PM by mtbsm »

midwestryder

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 05:27:19 AM »
Wasn’t feeling the EPMD2 verse but he killed this. Best verse front to back from him in a minute and I’m feeling almost all his shit Kamikaze onward

Em hears everything people say obviously. Giving the new signee that verse is the ultimate promo. Burden used to cry he wasn’t out pushing SH back in the day
Joe Budden wasn't crying he was right that Shady Records wasn't pushing slaughterhouse back in the day and ruined them.. Shady Records is one of the worst labels to be on and they just use you to give Eminem credibility and Shady Records credibility then they throw you to the side after they don't push you. Why do you think Griselda is leaving Shady Records and you have not seen Conway's album yet. Look what happened to Bobby creekwater and Stat quo

mtbsm

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 08:42:15 AM »
Joe Budden wasn't crying he was right that Shady Records wasn't pushing slaughterhouse back in the day and ruined them.. Shady Records is one of the worst labels to be on and they just use you to give Eminem credibility and Shady Records credibility then they throw you to the side after they don't push you. Why do you think Griselda is leaving Shady Records and you have not seen Conway's album yet. Look what happened to Bobby creekwater and Stat quo

Label has sucked, with exception of the d12, Obie, 50 albums.

SH 4 amazing MCs. They didn’t need Em out there alongside them doing promo. First album he featured on, but meddled with too much. Budden wanted more freedom to create without label intervention - when he was given that, Budden took issue with being on a label and having such a small piece of the pie. Budden moved the goal posts

Re Creek and Stat, it’s not like we are talking about OKC letting Harden go. Artists that don’t hit get shelved. Same artists went on to do very little on their own. So Shady was right in not spending the time and money on them

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 07:52:54 PM »
Label has sucked, with exception of the d12, Obie, 50 albums.

SH 4 amazing MCs. They didn’t need Em out there alongside them doing promo. First album he featured on, but meddled with too much. Budden wanted more freedom to create without label intervention - when he was given that, Budden took issue with being on a label and having such a small piece of the pie. Budden moved the goal posts

Re Creek and Stat, it’s not like we are talking about OKC letting Harden go. Artists that don’t hit get shelved. Same artists went on to do very little on their own. So Shady was right in not spending the time and money on them

I was big into the first D12 album and thought it was classic back in its era.  Second D12 album was alright but first signs of Eminem falling off.

8 Mile Soundtrack I thought and still think was classic

50 was on Shady Records don't forget and his first album was a classic.

Slaughter House I only banged that lead single "Hammer Dance" was a great song but didn't like rest of album.

Then some other good releases like that compilation that had "Guts Over Fear" on it, that's one of Em's greatest tracks its nearly on the level of "Lose Yourself".

...so overall I think Shady Records has been one of the better labels in rap if you look at the whole history
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)