Author Topic: Can Sly Pyper Be The Next Dr. Dre Protege?  (Read 512 times)

Jay_J

Can Sly Pyper Be The Next Dr. Dre Protege?
« on: September 28, 2021, 05:13:21 AM »
Most of us heard him first time on Kush song. Everybody compared him to Nate Dogg and that became the biggest disadvantage for him in the beginning of his career. I even can honestly say that i didnt like him first time, he was overrated to me...

he was almost on every song on Compton, as vocalist or songwriter, we heard him a lot on detox leaks also... he can both rap and sing, he is a good songwriter also, oh wait he plays saxaphone!!!!.... its really rare talent. i can understand why dre keeps him close everytime.

Finally last year he did his best for his career on Eminem's Music To Be Murderd By album. he did the choruses on In Too Deep, Guns Blazing, Higher and he did additional vocals on another few songs... he only got credited as "...featuring sly pyper" on Guns Blazing... he should credited for Higher also, i don't understand why company did it like this... anyway.

he also did this song last year which sounds really great to me. loved it.

most people don't know he wrote the smash hit beautiful girls of sean kingston.

i think he looks even more talented than Paak... he can be the next Dr. Dre protege for early future..

what do you guys think?

mtbsm

Re: Can Sly Pyper Be The Next Dr. Dre Protege?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »
He’s no Paak. When he does his own thing I like him - when Dre coaches him to mimic Nate, I don’t

romson19

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 12:37:14 PM »
I really like his style and vocal skills

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:48:06 PM by romson19 »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Orbyte

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
Pretty sure Sly doesn't care about attention or being famous, that's the only reason I could think of why he barely gets credited. It's a shame because I like him too.

Oh and I don't think he'll ever release an album under aftermath. Shit would've dropped years ago already if he truly cared.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 02:43:42 AM »
i think sly is coo but you goin way 2 far sayin he more talented than paak g

Jay_J

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
i think sly is coo but you goin way 2 far sayin he more talented than paak g

i think he has more potential than paak to me, but dont know if he can have chance to shine. i compared paak and sly because both can rap and sing and both are instrumentalists...

David Gutterman

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 06:54:07 AM »
Most of us heard him first time on Kush song. Everybody compared him to Nate Dogg and that became the biggest disadvantage for him in the beginning of his career. I even can honestly say that i didnt like him first time, he was overrated to me...

he was almost on every song on Compton, as vocalist or songwriter, we heard him a lot on detox leaks also... he can both rap and sing, he is a good songwriter also, oh wait he plays saxaphone!!!!.... its really rare talent. i can understand why dre keeps him close everytime.

Finally last year he did his best for his career on Eminem's Music To Be Murderd By album. he did the choruses on In Too Deep, Guns Blazing, Higher and he did additional vocals on another few songs... he only got credited as "...featuring sly pyper" on Guns Blazing... he should credited for Higher also, i don't understand why company did it like this... anyway.

he also did this song last year which sounds really great to me. loved it.

most people don't know he wrote the smash hit beautiful girls of sean kingston.

i think he looks even more talented than Paak... he can be the next Dr. Dre protege for early future..

what do you guys think?

Thanx for that grafh song, great stuff

jerseymike

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 11:50:44 AM »
Sly has been dre's "next" protege for over a decade now lol, before dre even signed kendrick. paak not even close to how dope sly is. he was one of the secret weapons of detox. compton album and the stuff on ems new album were weak af and didnt do him any justice, sly had killer shit on goat level songs on detox.