Author Topic: MC REN - OSIRIS (Official Discussion)  (Read 3691 times)

thegooddoc

Re: MC REN - OSIRIS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
Ren is one of my favorite old school artists, but this project isn't it.  I like "Time", but it needs better production and a better mix.  As others mentioned, his voice doesn't sound right on some songs. 

You can tell he still has it, but he really needs better production. 

Jay_J

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2022, 11:50:39 PM »
Ren is one of my favorite old school artists, but this project isn't it.  I like "Time", but it needs better production and a better mix.  As others mentioned, his voice doesn't sound right on some songs. 

You can tell he still has it, but he really needs better production.

That's an ep which is coming out after decades. he need to care about the record more. this is disrespectful to himself first then fans...

doggfather

Re: MC REN - OSIRIS (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2022, 02:58:45 AM »

they usually break about even, so they do it for themselves+the fans....not really for money.

Ok. So there are artists who care their fans and release music, merchandise and tourin.

And there are who shit ,just want our money.

Well...

Lazy bastards. At least go on tour!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Young Old Head

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2022, 03:56:31 AM »
Ok. So there are artists who care their fans and release music, merchandise and tourin.

And there are who shit ,just want our money.

Well...

Lazy bastards. At least go on tour!

How u know they lazy? Maybe they got other obligations, family and so on? The sense of entitlement of some...

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2022, 04:30:29 AM »
Fair enough.

My bad.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

thegooddoc

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2022, 07:35:11 PM »
That's an ep which is coming out after decades. he need to care about the record more. this is disrespectful to himself first then fans...

He doesn't owe me anything as a fan, but you make a good point.  Taking that much time between projects and releasing an EP with this quality is not the best look.

doggfather

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2022, 12:52:26 AM »
the antem is my jam. phuckin good posse track!  8)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

thegooddoc

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2022, 07:48:57 PM »
Just listened to the Kurupt feature again.  Does he even write his verses anymore or just get in the booth and freestyle?  It sounds cool for a mixtape freestyle, but terrible for an actual album verse. 

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2022, 06:49:51 AM »
Just listened to the Kurupt feature again.  Does he even write his verses anymore or just get in the booth and freestyle?  It sounds cool for a mixtape freestyle, but terrible for an actual album verse.

He's been freestyling verses for about 25 years now.  Not always, mind you, but he has been doing it off and on for decades now.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2022, 06:53:37 AM »
Problem is nothing has a cd player anymore. Not the laptop, not the truck, even the surround is outdated jacks.

Yeah, it's a problem.  I bought a portable CD player with a USB out that I've hooked up to my car stereo.  I'm sure you can get a built-in CD player to install in your car's entertainment console on the aftermarket, but I'm not doing that.

As for home listening, I play hard copy music through my blu-ray player into my home theater system.

But, I agree, there's diminishing reason in releasing hard copies these days as the hardware is becoming more scarce.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2022, 08:49:09 AM »
Yeah, it's a problem.  I bought a portable CD player with a USB out that I've hooked up to my car stereo.  I'm sure you can get a built-in CD player to install in your car's entertainment console on the aftermarket, but I'm not doing that.

As for home listening, I play hard copy music through my blu-ray player into my home theater system.

But, I agree, there's diminishing reason in releasing hard copies these days as the hardware is becoming more scarce.

you wana hear some fucked up shit?

i bought a portable cd player with a usb which i was using for my wifees car .. but when i got my new car i realized it doesn’t even have a usb port (apparently usb is now considered dated technology as well)

so i literally have no way to play cds in my whip …. pretty annoying 

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2022, 04:53:15 PM »

you wana hear some fucked up shit?

i bought a portable cd player with a usb which i was using for my wifees car .. but when i got my new car i realized it doesn’t even have a usb port (apparently usb is now considered dated technology as well)

so i literally have no way to play cds in my whip …. pretty annoying

You'll probably have to get a CD player with Bluetooth, but the problem with that solution is I don't think Bluetooth transmits data at CD quality1.  But if you have CDs that aren't available on streaming services through your phone, that's probably what you'll have to resort to.

1 EDIT: Ok, maybe it does.  I guess it depends on many factors, including the codec being used.  https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:08:34 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2022, 06:28:13 PM »
You'll probably have to get a CD player with Bluetooth, but the problem with that solution is I don't think Bluetooth transmits data at CD quality1.  But if you have CDs that aren't available on streaming services through your phone, that's probably what you'll have to resort to.

1 EDIT: Ok, maybe it does.  I guess it depends on many factors, including the codec being used.  https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591

thnx for the advice .. just copped one from target

Proc pka KP

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2022, 07:07:02 PM »
He doesn't owe me anything as a fan, but you make a good point.  Taking that much time between projects and releasing an EP with this quality is not the best look.
We already have a topic on this.

OldSkool

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2022, 08:19:24 AM »
I dont post often...

but sorry Ren its whack!

He needs to get back to Dre and maybe grovel and beg for some beats!

Last time he sounded decent was the stuff with Cube and Dre... Chin Check and Hello..

Agree... he's doing a disservice to his legend... his last effort was whack also... and I'ma Ren fan but I ain't playing this shit.

Drop the Villain moniker.. stop talking about big dicks... grovel to Dre or just do a project with Cube!

Everything else sounds mediocre.. no idea who has been engineering or mixing this trash!!!