Author Topic: question  (Read 131 times)

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
question
« on: May 15, 2003, 10:33:08 AM »
aight, may be the wrong section but I gotta know somethin.

for the last couple weeks now I been hearin this dope ass song at our local bar me n my homiez hang out at and its off the hook and I know it too, but I dont know the name of it nor the artist. it sounds more like some james brown type shit (not the voice but the melody) or some funk type shit,  the chorus goes like this:  "aint that a bitch"  or I think its "bitch" cuz thats what it sounds like.    anybody got a idea? i need this song lol.  

holla, n thx prior for the help.

peace
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 10:40:52 AM »
 If its funk / soul im thinking of Johnny Guitar...

...he did some classic tracks....

...."aint that a bitch" is from his album : "A Real Mother For Ya"

A Real Mother for Ya
by Artist: Johnny Guitar Watson
Manufacturer: Collectables
Released: 26 August, 1994
Audio CD

"Though he never recieved the accolades and praise, let alone the chart success he truly deserved, the late Johnny "Guitar" Watson was a musical genius, writer, producer, arranger and guitarist without peer. The title track of this brilliant LP is probably his finest moment ("Superman Lover" comes close though) and is one of those songs that you simply MUST turn up loud when it comes on the radio. His backing band is especially tight, laying down a funky groove on bass, drums and funky clavinet that will dig into your sub-concious and yet it retains an airy, jazzy feel throughout. Watsons vocal delivery is a fine melding of early rap, blues singing and spoken-word that transforms timeless lyrics (..rents goin up higher, got the parents lyin(Ill pay you tomorrow) they makin milk outta powder, got the babies cryin(poor babies, they dont know what that stuff is!)into pure poetry. My other fave on this LP is the breezy jazz feel of "Thank You", another terrific uptempo number with a catchy chorus, jaunty horns and Watsons double tracked vocals on the choruses. While Black radio always supported his work and he maintained a huge following in RandB circles, for some reason his work was largely ignored by other mainstream programmers and listeners. Too bad for them, because this is some of the best soul music ever recorded and would have slaughtered the competition on the charts had it been given the proper exposure. Just listen for yourself."

Buy it at amazon...try to listen on there see if its the same track...

...if its not ...put some more info down...see if can help ya

pZ

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 10:43:25 AM »
damn now thats some feedback! shit,  but thx a lot!  I'll try that now, if not I'll holla back.

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 10:49:26 AM »
No Problems bro...

..all good   8)

Holla Back if ya need!

Pz

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 10:49:33 AM »
yo dawg, thx a lot,  thats the one im lookin for.

apreciate it.

peace

WCC Hall Of Famer

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 11:04:40 AM »
Glad its the one you lookin' for bro

Take it easy

;)