Author Topic: 2pac dissin' Ice Cube in 96' saying "Bow Down" was bitin "Hit Em Up"  (Read 273 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

This is that legendary interview Pac had shortly before he died.  I was listening through it again, and I remembered most of the Biggie stuff in there, but some of the Ice Cube and Nas shit I had either missed or forgotten.

I would of thought that Pac would've had love for Ice Cube and Westside Connection because they were riding hard for the Coast in 1996.  Yet—Pac is actually dissin Cube in the interview.  He says that Cube heard "Hit Em Up" and then just hopped on the bandwagon basically because he saw the money and the trend.

He was also saying shit about how he (2pac) was the Don and deserved his respect as the Don and that Cube, and Kane, and all them from before he'd studied them all and surpassed them and updated all their shit, and the only way for someone to be better than him is they'd have to have so much love for him to study, master, and surpass his shit.  He was talking about 7 Deadly Venoms which I think was a Kane record but not sure.. and how he'd mastered all that shit.  It was really a thoughtful interview and showed how on top of the game Pac was at the moment; and how dominant he was over the industry, over hip-hop, and over black culture.

I think Nas was a big rival of Pac as well.  Because we have heard about how much he had studied Nas It Was Written album at the time he was recording the Mackeveli album.  Even the House of Blues concert he basically said he took Nas beat and was riding on him when he performed "Troublesome 96'".  Then if you look at the 7 Day Theory album it is only like 10-12 tracks deep and kind of resembles like a West Coast version of Illmatic.  To show Pac's superiority over whatever was hott on the East.

Epic interview.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)