Author Topic: BIGGIE CALLED NAS TO MAKE A DISS SONG TO 2PAC  (Read 251 times)

Sccit

BIGGIE CALLED NAS TO MAKE A DISS SONG TO 2PAC
« on: October 24, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
Here is part of an interview XXL conducted with Nas concerning his beef with Tupac. It will appear in the January 2003 issue.

S.J.- Let's talk about 2Pac. 'Pac has become the thug immortal, the universally revered Black Elvis. And you have a track with him on your new album. But some people might say, Well, since Nas and 'Pac didn't really get along when he was around, it's a little strange that Nas has gone on to fully embrace the man.

Nas- Well, if you think about it, 2Pac just came at me only one time, on a song called "Against All Odds." I cried when I heard it. Look, most niggas started listening to 'Pac after he became controversial. I was listening to him since "Trapped," since he rhymed with (Digital) Underground. I identified with him...as an artist. Fuck the hype. I love his music.

S.J.- So why did he disrespect you?

Nas- It was inevitable that it was coming towards that way, where me and him were gonna clash. I was the only other nigga that was selling records in New York besides Biggie at the time. So it was inevitable, with 'Pac charging the East Coast. Me and Biggie spoke about the issue with 'Pac, and how, you know, we needed to get together and go at everybody.

S.J.- Biggie wanted you to go at 'Pac with him?

Nas- Yeah. Big was really seeing where his friends was at.

S.J.- And what did he say to you?

Nas- I'll reveal that later-maybe in a book or a song, I don't know. I've gotta get my thoughts together. But, um, like I said, 2pac came at me on "Against All Odds"-which was an incredible record, if you hear the shit he's talkin' about on there. That's the only time he came at me. And on the same album, 'Makaveli', he calls me the ringleader of all of them, of everybody. So, we knew our truths. Me and 'Pac knew who we were. He was inspired by me, and I was inspired by him. Before he died, we talked about meeting in Vegas to squash it and do an album together, "One Nation." So I can rep for him.

Proc pka KP

Re: BIGGIE CALLED NAS TO MAKE A DISS SONG TO 2PAC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 01:41:50 PM »
Nas is a front runner. Kinda like Snoop. I don't trust this 25 years later.