DUBCC - Tha Connection > West Coast Classics

Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop

<< < (2/7) > >>

Okka:

--- Quote from: Sccit on December 01, 2021, 09:33:04 PM ---
wu-tang shit was poorly mixed but mastering was solid

kurupts debut i don’t remember soundin bad, but i gota check
--- End quote ---

Nothing wrong with "Kuruption!". Not sure what Infinite means.

tha kid2012:
I always say this but 2003 was when it was a wrap for commercial hip-hop for me when that crunk shit hit the scene. The A Town stomp, Bone Crucher Never Scared and Chingy Right Thur came on the scene, I just couldn't do it no more. The final nail in the coffin was when Rap City the basement got taken off the air, that was it for me, was straight underground and going back in time to rediscover shit I never heard before and it's been that way ever since

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96':

--- Quote from: tha kid2012 on December 02, 2021, 07:20:49 PM ---I always say this but 2003 was when it was a wrap for commercial hip-hop for me when that crunk shit hit the scene. The A Town stomp, Bone Crucher Never Scared and Chingy Right Thur came on the scene, I just couldn't do it no more. The final nail in the coffin was when Rap City the basement got taken off the air, that was it for me, was straight underground and going back in time to rediscover shit I never heard before and it's been that way ever since

--- End quote ---

I would agree with you but remember we were still in the baggy jeans era and G Unit had their run... When it switched to tight jeans that’s when it was a wrap for me...

Nas called it in late 06’ and made it official with his timely and aptly named HipHop is Dead album

I think Lil Wayne was the one who really set off the skinny jeans era but I wouldn’t really know cause whoever did it was someone I wasn’t listening to

:
That was when I stopped checking for rap. As an artform it was done. No Limits mixing was almost as bad as their "talent" hooting and hollering on the mic. After that its just been a downward slide with only people stuck in the past who ain't got shit popping now or in the future sticking with the genre.

Damn shame what they did to rap as it used to be something else. Think back to how much variety, styles and polish there was and now everyone literally bites everyone else and it sounds the same. On the flip I've heard some amazing genres outside of rap and tunes that blow my mind, just found some new stuff from Japan the other day and its all so fresh that it brings the feeling back.

You've got to expand your mind when you outgrow a genre you were raised in otherwise it holds you back with memories, like a bad relationship. End it. Quick.

Sccit:

--- Quote from: ⠀ on December 17, 2021, 06:36:01 AM ---That was when I stopped checking for rap. As an artform it was done. No Limits mixing was almost as bad as their "talent" hooting and hollering on the mic. After that its just been a downward slide with only people stuck in the past who ain't got shit popping now or in the future sticking with the genre.

Damn shame what they did to rap as it used to be something else. Think back to how much variety, styles and polish there was and now everyone literally bites everyone else and it sounds the same. On the flip I've heard some amazing genres outside of rap and tunes that blow my mind, just found some new stuff from Japan the other day and its all so fresh that it brings the feeling back.

You've got to expand your mind when you outgrow a genre you were raised in otherwise it holds you back with memories, like a bad relationship. End it. Quick.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version