Author Topic: What ya'll think of the 90-92 rap era? (88 EC golden age, 93-96 WC golden age)  (Read 990 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Found it:

Whole Album was Dopee

Yeah man its one of the greatest songs in Hip-Hop History.  I think it was produced by Muggs.   This album was a near classic and had 3 classic joints.  This joint, "Papparazi" and the joint he made about his son. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Yeah man its one of the greatest songs in Hip-Hop History.  I think it was produced by Muggs.   This album was a near classic and had 3 classic joints.  This joint, "Papparazi" and the joint he made about his son.

it’s a classic

• Muthafuckin' Don!

TRAX (SFV)

I loved it.  BDK, PE, Cool J, Cube, Professor Griff, 2 Live Crew, Mix A Lot, Ice-T...I sucked it all up like a vacuum cleaner.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Dee Tha AK

Hard hitter.

Was the Song "at the speed of life" also done by Muggs?

Diamond D killed it.

Where is Hurricane G?

Another Banger:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/222498-DJ-Pen-One

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah the album was so close to being classic... I’ll admit his style was a bit rough for me in those days... I needed something a bit more polished... but I do remember him... especially with the second album when his video for “What U See is What U Get” was like the #1 video on BET he definitely had my ear—but again it was just slightly rough to my ears.. I was more used to laid back vibes like Snoop or Warren G back in those days.... but once Dre publicly co-signed onto X and he appeared on “Bitch Please” that brought the West back and it was at that point Spring 99 that I finally went out and bought the first two Xzibit albums and he’s been top #5 all time for me since

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I loved it.  BDK, PE, Cool J, Cube, Professor Griff, 2 Live Crew, Mix A Lot, Ice-T...I sucked it all up like a vacuum cleaner.

Yeah the more I dig into it this era was spectacular—I’m finding new gems 💎 everyday like last week I caught up to an F Gary Gray directed WC and Maad Circle video that features Coolio before he had the braids—and you can see why the dude got a big solo deal and push because his charisma is thru the roof; but he didn’t have the superstar look yet—he just looks like one of WC’s homies but somebody at the label knew what they were doin’ obviously signing this dude solo

He’s sparin’ bar for bar with WC and steals the show, I’m willing to bet that’s the video that got him signed

Sccit

Yeah the album was so close to being classic... I’ll admit his style was a bit rough for me in those days... I needed something a bit more polished... but I do remember him... especially with the second album when his video for “What U See is What U Get” was like the #1 video on BET he definitely had my ear—but again it was just slightly rough to my ears.. I was more used to laid back vibes like Snoop or Warren G back in those days.... but once Dre publicly co-signed onto X and he appeared on “Bitch Please” that brought the West back and it was at that point Spring 99 that I finally went out and bought the first two Xzibit albums and he’s been top #5 all time for me since

at the speed of life, 40 dayz & 40 nightz, and restless is a goat level 3 album run …… all 3 are certified classix in my book

Jay_J

Treach is eminems #1 as i know.

treach and redman.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

at the speed of life, 40 dayz & 40 nightz, and restless is a goat level 3 album run …… all 3 are certified classix in my book

Yeah... it's one of the greatest 3 album runs in history but not the all-time greatest.  At the Speed of Light was like 4 mics (near classic) and 40 Days and 40 Nightz was 4 and a half mics (near classic) and Restless was 5 mics (classic thx to Dre assist).

Eminem ran off three 5 Mic Classics to Open his Career:

Slim Shady LP
MMLP
The Eminem Show

Then the Greatest 3 Album Run of All-Rhyme is 2pac's three album run which nobody will ever match unless they can go to prison with the #1 album on the charts, then rule the world and destroy the East Coast with All Eyez On Me, and then speak from the grave with 7 Day Theory:

Me Against the World
All Eyez On Me
7 Day Theory

Honorable Mention:

Chronic
Compton

Stillmatic
God's Son
Hip-Hop Is Dead

doggfather

Personal funny thing.
I aint listened ll cool j for years couse ice t got a song with an outro where he saying keep it, i dont want it bout a cool j tape.

And if t doesnt like neither do i.  ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Yeah... it's one of the greatest 3 album runs in history but not the all-time greatest.  At the Speed of Light was like 4 mics (near classic) and 40 Days and 40 Nightz was 4 and a half mics (near classic) and Restless was 5 mics (classic thx to Dre assist).

Eminem ran off three 5 Mic Classics to Open his Career:

Slim Shady LP
MMLP
The Eminem Show

Then the Greatest 3 Album Run of All-Rhyme is 2pac's three album run which nobody will ever match unless they can go to prison with the #1 album on the charts, then rule the world and destroy the East Coast with All Eyez On Me, and then speak from the grave with 7 Day Theory:

Me Against the World
All Eyez On Me
7 Day Theory

Honorable Mention:

Chronic
Compton

Stillmatic
God's Son
Hip-Hop Is Dead

calling at the speed 4 mics is underselling it .. actually more people claim that a classic over restless.

but to each his own..dre em and pac 3 album run is goated too, no doubt. for nas’ run, id pick his first 3 albums.. cube with amerikkkaz most wanted, death certificate, and the predator is up there as well. 

doggfather

At the speed and 40 dayz are def classics.
Restless aint TO ME.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

At the speed and 40 dayz are def classics.
Restless aint TO ME.

this was the overwhelming opinion when restless first dropped

i initially didn’t call it classic either, but over time it achieved classic status and in retrospect it stood the test of time

Dee Tha AK

No doubt.