Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14599 times)

piccardt1

My thoughts over all: I appreciate the new music , I will take that over no music 🎼 n especially when in regards to my favorite artists like Dre. Obviously this not an album , I see the releases as harmless and  a "just put some shit out" opportunity.  I will say I feel the energy of fun and passion as it appears Dre has found some new inspiration from his negative situations recently and spent more time freely doing what he loves . My thoughts on the tracks : they are all solid beats and songs with lyrics overall are also solid, Dre's deliveries are predictable but are solid lines , however there is nothing that is outstandingly memorable on any tracks , they are all 7-8/10 but that's cool with me. Best track is probably Gospel or Eta of the bunch.

Gospel -
Eta-
Diamond Mind-
Falling-
Scenic Route-
Black Privilege-
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:16:35 PM by piccardt1 »

Sccit

Re: All New Dr. Dre Songs from GTA
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 07:34:41 AM »

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 07:36:33 AM »
any word on method of release yet? i know we approacin 2022, but this wont hit the same without a hard copy

piccardt1

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 08:46:50 AM »
I haven't heard of a method of release yet but I'm assuming that this will come out it's just a digital format and release again this kind of takes the pressure off Dre by making it just a video game soundtrack you know… And if the feedback is good it will lead to an album

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

shmosh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 08:56:19 AM »
Dare I say it, most of these tunes are better than the Compton album.

Pretty hyped if this leads to an album of this kind of music.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, Aftermath213, Orbyte

astra4322

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 09:03:56 AM »
any word on method of release yet? i know we approacin 2022, but this wont hit the same without a hard copy
Exactly. There is no fun listening to youtube poor quality rips.

JossieJ

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 10:18:09 AM »
It’s been out for hours and suddenly no messages in these topics’

I want to know what you guys think!

ETA is dope, I really like the beat, snoop and busta sounds great on this

Gospel: I don’t know, just used to wat better tracks with those two on it

Diamond mind: Based on the YouTube rip it really sounds unfinished, curious if the beat still sounds simple when a better version drops. I like those background sounds - choir type a things you hear though

Fallin up: boring ass hook and start of the track, sounds forced. Strong first verse though delivery wise. Who is the girl we hear? The beat in uninspired although I like the pianos I hear in the background

Black privilege: lyrical maybe interesting but not what I was dying to hear from him. I miss those special type of beats, grown up vibe though, maybe I expect the wrong things from him.

Scenic route: I really never wanted to hear Ross on a dre track. This is good for a Ross album ‘cause the whole vibe is Ross not Dre. Not a bad track for a Ross album. I like Paak but hope he won’t be on 40% of the upcoming dre tracks.

Let me know what you guys think! Cheers from Holland.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 12:56:00 PM by JossieJ »

astra4322

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »
It’s been out for hours and suddenly no messages in these topics’

I want to know what you guys think!

ETA is dope, I really like the beat, snoop and busta sounds great on this
Gospel: I don’t know, just used to wat better tracks with those two on it
Diamond mind: Based on the YouTube rip it really sounds unfinished, curious if the beat still sounds simple when a better version drops. I like those background sounds - choir type a things you hear though
Fallin up: boring ass hook and start of the track, sounds forced. Strong first verse though delivery wise. Who is the girl we hear? The beat in uninspired although I like the pianos I hear in the background
Black privilege: lyrical maybe interesting but not what I was dying to hear from him. I miss those special type of beats, grown up vibe though, maybe I expect the wrong things from him.
Scenic route: I really never wanted to hear Ross on a dre track. This is good for a Ross album ‘cause the whole vibe is Ross not Dre. Not a bad track for a Ross album. I like Paak but hope he won’t be on 40% of the upcoming dre tracks.

Let me know what you guys think! Cheers from Holland.
It’s not out. Somebody just ripped it in poor quality.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 10:39:44 AM »
Yeah this was really interested... and I’m a pretty hardcore ol school gamer but I’m not up on any of the new shit so someone would have to fill me in??

Is it profitable?? Like is Dre making a grip off of this?? Could this be like a bigger lick than releasing the Compton album financially??

I do think it’s a great and exciting way for him to release new music because it had that sort of cross pollination with the gaming and digital world so it comes off real futuristic and makes Dre look cutting edge and the images and sounds from the game fit his style of music

As for the music itself it’s fuckin sick!!! Like all of Dre’s shit it’s dope!!  Im not ready to say it’s classic though or better than Compton that’s taking it too far... but upon first listen shit is hott!!  But only on the level of his unreleased Compton material/leaks from Compton sessions — reminds me of that he’s still on the same wavelength
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Orbyte

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 10:49:47 AM »
Official stereo versions on youtube now:

astra4322

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »
Official stereo versions on youtube now:

It’s not official!!! Another rip just in one file. :grumpy:

Orbyte

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »
So we were guessing that this was going to be a full soundtrack, but those are just demos. Exactly what GTA promised us...
This sucks, but it's better than nothing. It's dre testing the waters.

My opinions on those tracks:

1. Black Privilege - It's cool. I thought the beat was going to switch up, but it never did. For me it got a little boring before the end. Still good tho. (4/5)

2. ETA - So we basically heard the whole track already? xD I like this too. At first I thought that snoop sounded a bit weak. But maybe I was just hearing things? (4/5)

3. Fallin up - dope track. (4.5/5)

4. Gospel - This is one of them tracks where you can really tell that it's not...quite finished. Dre's verse is.. kinda good but there are some moments here that sound rough.
- I fuck with the hook. I bet many people will hate on it but it's something different.
- I got a problem with Em's voice nowadays and I don't know what it is. The more I listen to this track the more I start to like his verse though.

I think I give this a (3.5/5)

5. Diamond Mind - A little boring. Not bad though. (3.5/5)

6. Scenic Route - The "Fantasy"-song came out? Cool track. I like how Ross and Dre go back and forth. (4/5)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:18:08 PM by Orbyte »

Orbyte

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 11:28:04 AM »
It’s not official!!! Another rip just in one file. :grumpy:
Official as in... the first leak was in mono and now we got them in stereo.
The only option to hear the tracks is when you play gta. So this is the highest quality available right now.

astra4322

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 11:29:41 AM »
Will wait for offcial release. If it’s all we get - I quit.

abusive

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
What is the standout track from these?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.