Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14604 times)

Sccit

Re: All New Dr. Dre Songs from GTA
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2021, 08:06:41 AM »
Its not official release. Sound like unmixed game rips.

once something hits spotify, it’s an official release

Sccit

mtbsm

Re: DR. DRE - THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
official release or not mix doesnt sound clean as i'd expect

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2021, 08:29:45 AM »
Wowzers.

Diamond Mind, Gospel (Whhaaat Dre let The DOC rap?well its Xmas/New Year lol) & the track with Rawzay is :eek:

The Chronic still THA SHIZNIT imho

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2021, 09:38:21 AM »
I don't think it's an official release! Normally it is released under Rockstar Games, in this case GTA Online and the artist is also called GTA Online! All official releases from the game or radio stations are available as singles or from an Album under the artist name in this case not! And you really think they release it in this form, low quality.......

Sccit

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2021, 09:47:13 AM »
I don't think it's an official release! Normally it is released under Rockstar Games, in this case GTA Online and the artist is also called GTA Online! All official releases from the game or radio stations are available as singles or from an Album under the artist name in this case not! And you really think they release it in this form, low quality.......

i don’t think spotify, apple, itunes, gta, and dre would allow it to be up this long if it wasn’t official

we’ll see soon enough tho

astra4322

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2021, 10:58:30 AM »
Imagine having Dr.Dre credited as a perfomer = comercial success so I guess they did avoid it on purpose. Why?

AftermathBeats

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2021, 11:08:29 AM »
Now it seems official, Dre's engineer's post the link in their status at IG, Fredwreck too

astra4322

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2021, 11:12:33 AM »
Now it seems official, Dre's engineer's post the link in their status at IG, Fredwreck too
Thanks. Still weired that Dre allowed that trash quality material to be published. Maybe that’s the reason he isn’t credited in tracklist.

Matty

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
i'll have to peep but i think they're the same mixes, which are terrible. maybe they pushed the vocals to the front for the purposes of using in the game? the surround sound explanation seems the most feasible because it feels like we're missing missing audio data from the mix including a lot of the bass. they sound nothing like typical dre mixes the vocals are way loud over the instrumentation.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »
Now #2 on Itunes Hip Hop Album Charts after Nas Magic

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2021, 02:02:16 PM »
i'll have to peep but i think they're the same mixes, which are terrible. maybe they pushed the vocals to the front for the purposes of using in the game? the surround sound explanation seems the most feasible because it feels like we're missing missing audio data from the mix including a lot of the bass. they sound nothing like typical dre mixes the vocals are way loud over the instrumentation.

Dre usually has vocals pretty loud on beats. Listen to Snoop on 2001

Jay_J

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2021, 02:51:17 PM »

quik told about all eyes on me mixing sessions in an interview, once dre was in studio and told quik "we are not making jazz, we do hip hop, so vocals up!"

Matty

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2021, 02:54:20 PM »

that's true with all Dre mixes (emphasis on vocals) but there's aways a good balance with the mids and instrumentation. listen to 'Diamond Life' and tell me the vocals don't sound overly shrill with the instruments barely audible in the background. the drums don't even knock at the top, that beat should sound big and it's really unbalanced.

i'll listen to the full uncompressed before commenting any more but you guys know i have at least half-decent ears, got some proper speakers now as well.

hell just listen to Oxnard, pristine as anything. i refuse to believe Dre's sound just fell apart for this EP, has to be an issue in the conversion or a deliberate choice to push the vocals way further forward than usual.

So Much Style

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »
i do not see this on apple music...........
So much style back at it again