Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14607 times)

Matty

Re: DR. DRE - THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2021, 03:29:04 PM »
as suspected these are not the real mixes or a proper release. it's not even as good as the game-rips which is supposedly mixed for surround sound (explaining why is sounds weird)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/riprequestsnew/comments/rs5bnc/share_psa_too_2021_dr_dre_the_contract_flacm4a/

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2021, 08:46:09 PM »
Now that I bumped it in the car all the way through I see what Matty means. Doesn’t sound up to par with other Dre releases. I’m guessing these versions were mixed for tv speakers

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Sccit

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2021, 09:05:19 PM »
Now that I bumped it in the car all the way through I see what Matty means. Doesn’t sound up to par with other Dre releases. I’m guessing these versions were mixed for tv speakers

i don’t think it was mixed for tv speakers, i think it was dumbed down by gta for tv speakers

dre shouldn’t allow it on spotify like that

some of the beats u can tell were meant to sound alive .. just flat the way it sounds now. strange stuff.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Sccit

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:52 PM »
as suspected these are not the real mixes or a proper release. it's not even as good as the game-rips which is supposedly mixed for surround sound (explaining why is sounds weird)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/riprequestsnew/comments/rs5bnc/share_psa_too_2021_dr_dre_the_contract_flacm4a/

why would these be up for so long? as u know legit platforms don’t allow for bootlegs.. it had to be released by gta.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2021, 09:10:48 PM »
i don’t think it was mixed for tv speakers, i think it was dumbed down by gta for tv speakers

dre shouldn’t allow it on spotify like that

some of the beats u can tell were meant to sound alive .. just flat the way it sounds now. strange stuff.

Dumbed down? What does that mean exactly?

Sccit

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2021, 09:15:20 PM »
Dumbed down? What does that mean exactly?

it means they got a proper master of it from dre and remastered it to fit tv speakers

astra4322

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2021, 09:17:30 PM »
All songs sounds like mono. Gospel for sure.

The following users thanked this post: Matty, mtbsm

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2021, 09:22:59 PM »

it means they got a proper master of it from dre and remastered it to fit tv speakers

That’s what I said genius

Matty

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2021, 09:41:47 PM »
all i know is there's is no way what we're hearing is what Dre heard when they mixed these tracks in the studio. and he's generally super pedantic about how his music is presented so something strange is going on.

i expected ETA to have a huge thundering bass considering the basic drum pattern. where did all the bass go?

Diamond Mind has to be the worst sounding of the lot. vocals are in your face and the rest of the instruments sound super thin.

someone posited the idea because they are 'demos' in the in-game story maybe that's why they're roughly mixed as a sort of deliberate thing to sound incomplete. still that's very strange for Dre to let his music get out there in a way that sounds off.

astra4322

« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »
all i know is there's is no way what we're hearing is what Dre heard when they mixed these tracks in the studio. and he's generally super pedantic about how his music is presented so something strange is going on.

i expected ETA to have a huge thundering bass considering the basic drum pattern. where did all the bass go?

Diamond Mind has to be the worst sounding of the lot. vocals are in your face and the rest of the instruments sound super thin.

someone posited the idea because they are 'demos' in the in-game story maybe that's why they're roughly mixed as a sort of deliberate thing to sound incomplete. still that's very strange for Dre to let his music get out there in a way that sounds off.
Dre knows nothing about this release IMO.

Matty

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2021, 10:04:31 PM »
Dre knows nothing about this release IMO.

yeah but the tracks sound more or less the same in the game, unless the surround sound thing holds any weight and we're missing a lot of channels. these are just compressed versions from the same source, my comment applies to everything we've heard of these tracks so far.

Sccit

« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2021, 11:01:56 PM »
That’s what I said genius

no it’s not, u still don’t know the difference between mixing and mastering?

:snoop:

i’m saying dr dre mixed it just fine, but the people at gta probably messed with it post master. pay attention.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

AftermathBeats

« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2021, 11:52:10 PM »
I asked thurz on Twitter if it was an official release from the EP, the answer: Yessir! That‘s Dre‘s Demos

astra4322

« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2021, 11:55:44 PM »
I asked thurz on Twitter if it was an official release from the EP, the answer: Yessir! That‘s Dre‘s Demos
So as was said - it's just demo. It explains sound quality.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2021, 11:59:58 PM »
So as was said - it's just demo. It explains sound quality.

I think the tracks were only made for the game, let's wait for 2022. As Aftermath Artist Mass said; They's just shooting exercises