Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14602 times)

soopa-man

Re: All New Dr. Dre Songs from GTA
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 03:39:20 PM »
Damn shame to listen to his music this way and quality when he is all Beats and over doing it with his perfection in the studio.  I don’t get it, hopefully he drops the shit we can ride to soon, I mean it’s good shit but can’t commit to bumpin YouTube playlist when ur driver the app turns off … weird to me

Shag Diggler

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 03:53:24 PM »
Damn shame to listen to his music this way and quality when he is all Beats and over doing it with his perfection in the studio.  I don’t get it, hopefully he drops the shit we can ride to soon, I mean it’s good shit but can’t commit to bumpin YouTube playlist when ur driver the app turns off … weird to me

we will get CDQ soon..... trust me  8)

So Much Style

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 05:03:12 PM »
DAMN THIS SHIT SOUND GENERIC
So much style back at it again

mtbsm

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 06:33:04 PM »
Official stereo versions on youtube now:

orbyte you see the other stuff uploaded to that channel? this one is new

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

thegooddoc

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
This EP is much better than I expected.  No idea why my expectations were low, but I love the new direction.

Random thoughts:

1. Would love to hear all of the tracks in high quality, for them to sound this good as is, I can't wait to hear the CDQ.
2. Anderson Paak and Dre have great chemistry.  Paak is the rare singer that can hold his own rapping.  Would love to hear the two collaborate more.
3. Fallin' is a hit with proper promotion.  I know that Game is on the hook, did he write the song? Cocoa Sarai(sp?) kills the hook
4. Busta Rhymes is at his best with Dre.  Made me want to listen to The Big Bang again.
5. Snoop (see #4)  sucks that he doesn't work more with Dre.
6. Scenic Route - Rick Ross is not my favorite artist, but he has great chemistry with Dre on this track.  Cool to see Bruno Mars working with Dre.
7. Did Jay-Z write Black Privilege?  Nice lyrics
8. Loved The Gospel track.  Dre has a cool flow and Eminem destroys the track.  Those two need to make more music together.
9. Ty Dolla Sign kills his feature.  Dre needs to lock Ty in the studio and utilize him like he did Nate Dogg. 
10.  D.O.C. sounds great.  I thought it was Cee Lo at first, but D.O.C. has a lane to record more music with some creativity.  Wonder how much of the lyrics he wrote on the EP.
11.  The hook on the Gospel sounds like it was written by someone like Quavo or Cordae. 
11.  If this is a sample of what Dre is creating writing right now, sign me up.  The fact that he is still releasing relevant music at his age is remarkable.  Keep it coming.

Only heard it 4-5 times, but I love the direction and think it is better than Compton. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:25:39 PM by thegooddoc »

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

Safe+Sound

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Played the first leg of The Contract and heard the first song with Eminem... holy shit, that beat. As I approached the penthouse in the mission, it was just the instrumental. As I got closer to the door, I kept thinking "damn, that beat sounds hard" - and  it grew louder and louder until it sounded like the music was going to blow the door wide open when I got there. I entered the penthouse and the music just consumes you - you can't hear shit except the music - and then Dre starts rapping. It was fucking GOLDEN. Anyone with a decent audio setup playing this game got to hear very decent song quality. It was great.

astra4322

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 09:51:59 PM »
This EP is much better than I expected.  No idea why my expectations were low, but I love the new direction.

Random thoughts:

1. Would love to hear all of the tracks in high quality, for them to sound this good as is, I can't wait to hear the CDQ.
2. Anderson Paak and Dre have great chemistry.  Paak is the rare singer that can hold his own rapping.  Would love to hear the two collaborate more.
3. Fallin' is a hit with proper promotion.  I know that Game is on the hook, did he write the song? Cocoa Sarai(sp?) kills the hook
4. Busta Rhymes is at his best with Dre.  Made me want to listen to The Big Bang again.
6. Scenic Route - Rick Ross is not my favorite artist, but he has great chemistry with Dre on this track.  Cool to see Bruno Mars working with Dre.
8. Loved The Gospel track.  Dre has a cool flow and Eminem destroys the track.  Those two need to make more music together.
9. Ty Dolla Sign kills his feature.  Dre needs to lock Ty in the studio and utilize him like he did Nate Dogg. 
10.  D.O.C. sounds great.  I thought it was Cee Lo at first, but D.O.C. has a lane to record more music with some creativity.  Wonder how much of the lyrics he wrote on the EP.
11.  The hook on the Gospel sounds like it was written by someone like Quavo or Cordae. 
11.  If this is a sample of what Dre is creating writing right now, sign me up.  The fact that he is still releasing relevant music at his age is remarkable.  Keep it coming.

Only heard it 4-5 times, but I love the direction and think it is better than Compton.
What EP? This is released or it’j just your imagination?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 10:57:48 PM »

Here it is what i found

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »

Random thoughts:

its not DOC on the hook.

astra4322

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 11:03:18 PM »

topdogg188

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 12:42:31 AM »
ETA i know is sampled from You’re the One for Me by the Edwards Generation, but everytime I hear that track i'm reminded of a sped up version of the intro from Dre's Rat-a-tat-tat from  his first album.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 02:03:57 AM »
Fan made rip.

Yep. The quality aint good.

Orbyte

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2021, 02:15:42 AM »
orbyte you see the other stuff uploaded to that channel? this one is new

This is the right energy in dre's studio. This is how you do a hit record!

Orbyte

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2021, 02:16:43 AM »
Played the first leg of The Contract and heard the first song with Eminem... holy shit, that beat. As I approached the penthouse in the mission, it was just the instrumental. As I got closer to the door, I kept thinking "damn, that beat sounds hard" - and  it grew louder and louder until it sounded like the music was going to blow the door wide open when I got there. I entered the penthouse and the music just consumes you - you can't hear shit except the music - and then Dre starts rapping. It was fucking GOLDEN. Anyone with a decent audio setup playing this game got to hear very decent song quality. It was great.
Does the track sound better in the game?

Orbyte

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2021, 02:19:45 AM »
What EP? This is released or it’j just your imagination?
It's a collection of songs, why not just call it an EP  :-X