Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14600 times)

astra4322

Re: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2022, 08:45:28 PM »
Seems like I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed the EP, lol
I like it too.

Sccit

« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2022, 09:09:07 PM »
Seems like I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed the EP, lol

if it wasn’t dre we would say it was great

but because we hold dre to the golden standard, it’s disappointing

Lazaruz5150

« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2022, 03:55:00 AM »
I agree with alot of the comments on here. My first listen recently and I couldn't help feeling like it wasn't listening to Dr. Dre. Something isn't right with this music. GOSPEL was a mess especially Dre's verse it wasn't consistent and just seemed very all over the place. Im not sure what it is Dre is trying to do but I am for one very surprised he allowed himself to drop this with his reputation of a Perfectionist.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

astra4322

« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2022, 05:37:30 AM »
I agree with alot of the comments on here. My first listen recently and I couldn't help feeling like it wasn't listening to Dr. Dre. Something isn't right with this music. GOSPEL was a mess especially Dre's verse it wasn't consistent and just seemed very all over the place. Im not sure what it is Dre is trying to do but I am for one very surprised he allowed himself to drop this with his reputation of a Perfectionist.

That was the concept and idea of this "project" - unfinished, unpolished songs from Dre's stolen phone.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Orbyte

« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2022, 07:46:15 AM »
Looking back at all of this: it took some months until Dre released those songs officially. And even then, he didn't post them on his social media.

So I'm here, wondering what was the point of his gta appearance? Because it was fun? To get people to remember him again ?
I mean he managed to stay in the news until the super bowl performance. But that can't be it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 08:00:48 AM by Orbyte »

Orbyte

« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2022, 08:01:36 AM »
Im not sure what it is Dre is trying to do but I am for one very surprised he allowed himself to drop this with his reputation of a Perfectionist.
Especially since he also got better unreleased tracks.

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2022, 12:17:08 PM »
Dre canned the Contract project half way through because someone stole his thunder, jacked his idea and did it better than him with more press. The public parts that were already in motion like the SB show had to be honored but what was in his control for this marketing campaign was finished months ago when he heard his concept had been flipped and he didn't want to seem like a biter/release another flop as he had no buzz.

The response to Contract didn't come anywhere near his expectations. Just like Detox was ready 10 years when he dropped Kush as a "leak" to test the waters but he scrapped that as well when it didn't go anywhere near the top 10 as he went looking for new ideas and here we are.

Do the math, Aftermath....

« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2022, 02:33:14 AM »
Lets be reality:

Wasn't a joint on Contract that sounded as good as the leak of Get It:

Wouldn't you agree? Not just in terms of overall song, Dres verses, hook etc.. but just sheer audio quality and mixing. Yes?

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

astra4322

« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2022, 02:42:02 AM »
This thread is dead, nothing to discuss.

mtbsm

« Reply #324 on: March 10, 2022, 03:17:18 AM »
Lets be reality:

Wasn't a joint on Contract that sounded as good as the leak of Get It:

Wouldn't you agree? Not just in terms of overall song, Dres verses, hook etc.. but just sheer audio quality and mixing. Yes?

For me better than everything on there too