Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14608 times)

Matty

Re: All New Dr. Dre Songs from GTA
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2021, 06:26:48 PM »
Fallin' Up instrumental:

Really like the song, but the beat is such a monster I think they could have done something even better with it.

i don't think the beat is that great & pretty much all the stuff from Dem Jointz that Dre has used has been mediocre at best. just my opinion.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

So Much Style

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2021, 06:46:04 PM »
agree with Matty as i tend to over the years............

these beats all sound pretty boring and generic, no clear direction or game changing sound.
So much style back at it again

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Matty

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »
agree with Matty as i tend to over the years............

these beats all sound pretty boring and generic, no clear direction or game changing sound.

this sort of thing...on the other hand

sounds big, epic. inb4 someone says stuck in the past Dre can't keep doing the same piano sound. well duh he can do something new & evolved just as long as it's good. i fear he's changed his musicians, engineers & everything that made his music great in the past and it's a bunch of yes men if this GTA music if anything to go by. Compton was the first sign things were going south and this isn't a noticable step up.

Shag Diggler

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2021, 07:13:32 PM »
out of all the tracks i believe The Scenic Route is the most clear out of all the songs but those things can be fixed im working on something and ill post it when i get the chance

The following users thanked this post: Mr.(Ko)Kane

So Much Style

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2021, 07:40:27 PM »
i think this is dre's way of testing out a release or warming the waters for a new release....

if the feedback on this goes well, expect his new solo album around superbowl. if it goes bad, expect nothing
So much style back at it again

The following users thanked this post: Okka, LostAngel

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2021, 09:07:57 PM »
i think this is dre's way of testing out a release or warming the waters for a new release....

if the feedback on this goes well, expect his new solo album around superbowl. if it goes bad, expect nothing

that’s what i thought

and based on the feedback thus far, people seem to like but not love it, which is not enough for dre

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Matty

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2021, 10:58:53 PM »

the problem is he's putting out relative leftovers, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy if there's any chance for doubt.

whereas if he put out some of the real fire (presuming it actually exists) in proper quality (something is off with these, to do with the game encoding most likely) there might be a lot more excitment. i'm sure he could care less about a few people on dubcc, the majority think it's amazing but we get a full album like this and when the dust settles it'll just be seen as another Compton, maybe only slighly better. smh @ Rick Ross.

detox or bust baby.

The following users thanked this post: Marco, jerseymike

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2021, 03:40:21 PM »
The music sounds cheap and quickly produced, but Dre's raps sound better than they have over the past decade or so.

Weirdly, I would conclude: Dre as a rapper on this > Dre as a producer on this.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Jay_J

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2021, 12:17:00 AM »
so did focus prod the gospel? im working on getting all the producer credits for the ep

nope. its Koach aka 21 the producer.

The following users thanked this post: Shag Diggler

Jay_J

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2021, 12:21:58 AM »
The music sounds cheap and quickly produced, but Dre's raps sound better than they have over the past decade or so.

Weirdly, I would conclude: Dre as a rapper on this > Dre as a producer on this.

Dre was always a good rapper by the way. his accent, pronouncation, mic skills are on top since first day.

also DOC said dre writes his own lyrics nowadays like he did on gospel.

here it is https://twitter.com/WESTCOASTDOC/status/1472253471298666499?s=20

Okka

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2021, 12:29:28 AM »
Dre was always a good rapper by the way. his accent, pronouncation, mic skills are on top since first day.

also DOC said dre writes his own lyrics nowadays like he did on gospel.

here it is https://twitter.com/WESTCOASTDOC/status/1472253471298666499?s=20

Yeah, I seriously doubt he's writing all his lyrics. Not saying he can't do it, but I doubt it. Where did he say he wrote it though?

Jay_J

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2021, 01:09:48 AM »
Yeah, I seriously doubt he's writing all his lyrics. Not saying he can't do it, but I doubt it. Where did he say he wrote it though?

the question was "did you write the gospel song" to DOC, and he said "Dre is a good a writer now as 99.9% of cats doing it. Doesn’t need me."

i think this means he wrote that himself.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2021, 05:11:16 AM »

I've never had a problem with Dre as a vocalist, but back in the day you would never had said, as you do now, that Dre is better as a rapper than as a producer.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2021, 05:37:45 AM »
Xzibit wrote Andersons and Snoops part of ETA.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Jay_J

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2021, 06:23:30 AM »
Xzibit wrote Andersons and Snoops part of ETA.

im sure busta's part was belong to Xzibit first but then they wanted to replace busta with him.

i aslo guess marsha is involved with some writing too. because she is credited too.

i think she wrote the "ooooo" singing part of Bj Chicago Kid.