Author Topic: why is Versuz a big deal?? It’s not battlin—they are just performing songs  (Read 280 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Sorry but I don’t get the Versuz concept... hiphop is supposed to be about battlin... just going on a stage with another rapper and he performs a song, then you perform a song, and you call it Versuz??  So if Ice Cube and Warren G decided to do a show together and Warren performs a song then Cube performs a song that’s just a regular concert... I mean so what?? I don’t get it
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Matty

it's corny

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
it's corny

Yeah man... it’s just you perform a song and I perform a song... and then what?? Everybody goes crazy when they break into a song you know??  And it’s just a regular performance and they take turns performing.

The only thing that made it real was the little shit Layzie Bone was doing to interlude between songs.  If it was pre-planned and he knew what order songs 3-6 would do then that was corny but if he was doing it off top that was about the only thing that I liked from that Versuz
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

Couse of the covid there wasnt any concert.

This was something to replace that.

I aint like em.

Want to go live concerts again.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

it originally started with producers puttin their best beats against other producers, then the fans would vote for who had the better career as a producer

then it evolved into what it is now, which, like u said, is basically like a performance.. the only difference is that it’s a competition to see which artist has the better catalogue, but the fact that there’s no official winner at the end is what makes it lame to me. they should do a fan vote at the end of each one if they want it to truly be a “verzuz”

jaytee

It's just entertainment.

It gave people something to get excited about and to feel a part of during a time when people weren't really gathering together.

Babyface & Teddy Riley was hilarious.  I love both of their catalogues. 2 of the best producers to ever do it.  Teddy wasn't ready though lol.

DMX & Snoop.  I'm so thankful that I got to see DMX one last time. I haven't listened to him in years, and was good to reminisce about songs that I forgot about.

Gladys Knight & Patti LaBelle, that was just beautiful. Then Dionne Warwick made a special appearance. This was legendary. 

Earth, Wind & Fire vs Isley Brothers.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Supposedly they're going to be collaborating, so I'm looking forward to that. Real music. Real talent. Real showmanship.

Keith Sweat vs Bobby Brown.  A lot of funny stuff going on there as well. I just wish Bobby could do it like he used to. They both have excellent catalogues though.

As far as winning goes...the viewers/fans won. If you want to keep your own scorecard, feel free to do so.

If you want to see freestyle battles, beatbox battles, etc., there's other shows for that.

I probably watched 10-15 of them altogether, but just the ones that interested me. 

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
I’ve watched a few and they were all cool. Rza  vs premo , X vs Dogg, bone vs 3 6. If you’re a fan of the music then why not. It’s like a celebration of their catalogs I was into it depending on the match up

Dee Tha AK

It has little to do with real hi hop hopbattle. Its BS.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
It used to be about Battling, now it's about Celebrating

Dee Tha AK

Laptop DJs

No Freestyle Battle

No B-Boying

Fuck VZ.

HighEyeCue

I agree but alot of the acts that are featured are not really battle rappers...Snoop and DMX was an exception, that would have been epic

Dee Tha AK

Ever heard of SOUNDCLASH? (in Dancehall Reggae?)

Soundclash is more Hip Hop than what VZ are doing. Fakin Tha Funk.

No Disrespect to DMX ofc

hitsaw

The only vs I did like was snoop and dmx.