Author Topic: Dr Dre's production called into question by DMX producer  (Read 675 times)

abusive

Dr Dre's production called into question by DMX producer
« on: January 10, 2022, 02:17:30 PM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

Re: Dr Dre's production called into question by DMX producer
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:44:25 PM »
sure

Okka

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:43 AM »
He made the beat. Irv produced the record. Crazy these dudes act like they don't know what that means. I get it though.

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 03:58:45 AM »
He made the beat. Irv produced the record. Crazy these dudes act like they don't know what that means. I get it though.

ok but the problem here is "without asking" part.

abusive

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 08:25:06 AM »
I feel like he produced the beat.
Irv got X the beat. I can't say Irv did anything other than that so I can't say he produced the song.
As far as I'm concerned X and this guy are the song producers.
Irv shouldn't be paid for life if that's all he did. He should have gotten some sort of finders fee. I think that falls into the executive producer area and I'm not sure how he should be compensated for that.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 08:41:09 AM »
irv is like a cross between puffy and dre

while he’s not totally hands off like puff, he’s not nearly as hands on as dre

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 12:44:53 AM »
Not sure about Irv Gotti (because I'm not a fan), but what it sounds like to me is Irv was more like a glorified A&R--and had links and relationships with a lot of artists and producers and he knew what was hot--and so he could find a beat and link it with the right artists and project to put it on and make shit happen.  So he was the cat that made shit happen and he was strong on the business end so he made sure that he got paid when shit popped off.  That's what this all sounds like to me. 

...So it's not as simple as saying Irv didn't do nothing.  Okay.. but he did help blow up your music.  So that counts for something. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 01:47:00 AM »
This is Same Grease right?

Dopeness.

abusive

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »
Not sure about Irv Gotti (because I'm not a fan), but what it sounds like to me is Irv was more like a glorified A&R--and had links and relationships with a lot of artists and producers and he knew what was hot--and so he could find a beat and link it with the right artists and project to put it on and make shit happen.  So he was the cat that made shit happen and he was strong on the business end so he made sure that he got paid when shit popped off.  That's what this all sounds like to me. 

...So it's not as simple as saying Irv didn't do nothing.  Okay.. but he did help blow up your music.  So that counts for something.
There's no evidence that he did anything to do with the he record based on the clip. Why move the goal post? X wasn't signed to murder inc he was on ruff Ryder's. Even if he did help the record blow, that has nothing to do with taking production credit. What you just described is the con the music industry has been doing by leveraging their ability to break an artist in exchange for a lifetime of compensation. When in reality they are already paid a salary to help artist blow. Its their job. When Jewish people do this we are outraged.

Hellquist

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 06:52:06 AM »
Irv Gotti back then is what DJ Khaled is now. He shouldn't be compared to Diddy or Dre EVER and I actually like Irv Gotti.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 08:32:47 AM »
Now the Beatmaker vs. Producer convos will kick in..3..2..1..Detox,Its Comin Babe!

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 10:05:56 AM »
Irv Gotti back then is what DJ Khaled is now. He shouldn't be compared to Diddy or Dre EVER and I actually like Irv Gotti.

actually diddy wasn’t far from khaled himself

Hellquist

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 10:26:12 AM »

actually diddy wasn’t far from khaled himself

I and some others compare Dre and Diddy to Quincy Jones. I give Dre more credit because he is more hands on and knows music theory. Quincy Jones is literally like a conductor of an orchestra with a team of people he instructs to play what he wants them to play, which is sort of the same thing Diddy does with his team of producers like the Hitmen. There is studio footage of Diddy in the studio at least. DJ Khaled? None in sight. I don't think Khaled has made a beat in over two decades.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 07:01:11 PM »
I and some others compare Dre and Diddy to Quincy Jones. I give Dre more credit because he is more hands on and knows music theory. Quincy Jones is literally like a conductor of an orchestra with a team of people he instructs to play what he wants them to play, which is sort of the same thing Diddy does with his team of producers like the Hitmen. There is studio footage of Diddy in the studio at least. DJ Khaled? None in sight. I don't think Khaled has made a beat in over two decades.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 08:39:45 PM »
There's no evidence that he did anything to do with the he record based on the clip. Why move the goal post? X wasn't signed to murder inc he was on ruff Ryder's. Even if he did help the record blow, that has nothing to do with taking production credit. What you just described is the con the music industry has been doing by leveraging their ability to break an artist in exchange for a lifetime of compensation. When in reality they are already paid a salary to help artist blow. Its their job. When Jewish people do this we are outraged.

I’m cool with that.. I’m no fan of Irv.... but for the sake of argument let’s say all he did was matched the beat to the artist and concept for song.  Wouldn’t that also kind of be producing??

Like... okay... let’s say Quincy Jones arrived at the studio for a song.. and he commissions a guy to make a beat, and he hears it and then he knows who will sound perfect on that so he commissions someone to sing over that beat, isn’t that producing in a way??

Maybe it is... Maybe it’s not... but if it’s not what would you call it??  Because it did involve some musical know how.  It wasn’t just simply A&R work because on the music side you had to vision creatively what and who would sound good over the beat.

So I think a producer or co-producer nod is probably fair
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)