Author Topic: Dr Dre's production called into question by DMX producer  (Read 676 times)

Okka

Re: Dr Dre's production called into question by DMX producer
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 02:08:03 AM »
This is Same Grease right?

Dopeness.

You mean Dame Grease? No. It's a producer named Self aka Self Service. You can look at his credits on Discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/175973-Self-2

Lucifuge

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 01:21:07 PM »
Its 2022, people still don know diference betwen producer and beatmaker. If you make a beat its dosent mean you produced a track. Or if you make a loop.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Orbyte

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 03:30:06 AM »
On the other hand people need to stop ask if dre "produced" this or that. He should rather be asked if he did the beat. That would be a whole other conversation.

Because dre still got that mindset where he thinks that it's about producing a record, not creating the actual beat.

abusive

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 07:56:55 AM »
On the other hand people need to stop ask if dre "produced" this or that. He should rather be asked if he did the beat. That would be a whole other conversation.

Because dre still got that mindset where he thinks that it's about producing a record, not creating the actual beat.
Do we know that for sure with any of the people named in the video? There was a time where we assumed produced by meant they did the beat. This was before the super producer title was created. Like I said before, it doesn't sound like Irv made the beat or even produced the song.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 08:21:53 PM »
Do we know that for sure with any of the people named in the video? There was a time where we assumed produced by meant they did the beat. This was before the super producer title was created. Like I said before, it doesn't sound like Irv made the beat or even produced the song.

Yeah remember Eminem's first album SSLP- it was like "produced by Bass Brothers" for nearly all the tracks.  He becomes a star and then suddenly on his second album MMLP everything is "produced by Eminem" (co-produced by Bass Brothers or interlude, guitar, Jeff Bass). 

Eminem says he didn't realize doing his first album that when he was humming stuff to those guys or telling them "make it sound like this" that he was actually "producing". 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Duck Duck Doggy

Lucifuge

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 01:12:14 AM »

Irv said it on drink champs. When he arrive energy of the song was trash, than he said it to X, its no good, do it again. And X step up in the booth and start yelling on the intro you think its a game, you think its a fucking game. Rest is history.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

The following users thanked this post: Okka, abusive

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 06:39:38 AM »
Irv said it on drink champs. When he arrive energy of the song was trash, than he said it to X, its no good, do it again. And X step up in the booth and start yelling on the intro you think its a game, you think its a fucking game. Rest is history.

Remember when the vid dropped

The energy was was fiyah

X gon give it to ya too.

abusive

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 10:01:47 AM »
Thanks. I'm just going by the video.

abusive

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 10:06:53 AM »
Yeah remember Eminem's first album SSLP- it was like "produced by Bass Brothers" for nearly all the tracks.  He becomes a star and then suddenly on his second album MMLP everything is "produced by Eminem" (co-produced by Bass Brothers or interlude, guitar, Jeff Bass). 

Eminem says he didn't realize doing his first album that when he was humming stuff to those guys or telling them "make it sound like this" that he was actually "producing".
Exactly. The most minute detail is considered production but you have a cult of people who want to say making the actual music isn't. It's funny how they break their necks to not call the beat makers producers so they can uplift themselves to super producer status.

Lucifuge

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 11:05:37 AM »
A lot of times beatmaker makes a beat send it to artist and dont do anything else on it. Like i said, beatmakeing and producing is two different worlds.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

abusive

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 11:55:23 AM »
A lot of times beatmaker makes a beat send it to artist and dont do anything else on it. Like i said, beatmakeing and producing is two different worlds.
Making a beat is still apart of the production tho.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Lucifuge

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 02:14:24 PM »
Making a beat is still apart of the production tho.

It is.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

The following users thanked this post: abusive, Orbyte

Okka

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 01:18:24 AM »

Exactly. Pac was a producer too.