Author Topic: The Call | Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 2288 times)

tempo2

Re: The Call | Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show OFFICIAL TRAILER
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »
I thought the show was brilliant and well put together, sure could nit pick here and there but the same can be said about pretty much every live performance. Was good to see all the legends on stage and was great for all of us fans who are a lot older now, loved it thought it was dope

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, Teddy Loc

dnjp4life

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2022, 04:25:21 AM »
I thought the show was brilliant and well put together, sure could nit pick here and there but the same can be said about pretty much every live performance. Was good to see all the legends on stage and was great for all of us fans who are a lot older now, loved it thought it was dope

I agree, I didn't watch live but watched the show afterwards.  I thought it looked very well put together and everything appeared to go to plan for everyone.  It was a great advert for west-coast rap and an even better one for Dr. Dre and his legacy with most of his protégés there putting it down.

I didn't think 50 Cent's segment was that powerful, but it made sense that he was there as a (sort of) surprise.  Could have done with Xzibit's energy instead, performing X or something along those lines.  Dre knew what he was doing leaving Eminem until the end as well.

But other than that it was all good, especially Snoop C-walking all over the place  :D

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hittman2001

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2022, 06:39:45 AM »
Piano lessons from Burt Bacharach years ago

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Teddy Loc

mtbsm

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2022, 09:12:24 AM »
In the moment I felt like 50's performance was weak. But I've watched it since and it was fine. He just didn't have the energy of everyone else. Like not even close.

mtbsm

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2022, 09:19:26 AM »
So Daz and Kurupt parts both got swallowed by Dre... Dre did Kurupts part on “Next Episode” and then Dre did Daz “I Ain’t Mad At Ya” (though I know Daz lifted that sample right?? Any backstory on that was that sample Daz idea or a musician on that classic?) maybe Danny Boy knows but speaking of which Danny Boy got to feel big he’s kind of down right now I think his daughter died  or something recently...

My prediction for Em was right I told y’all he would do “Lose Yourself”.

I thought Snoop outperformed Eminem.  Kendrick did his thing.  Em was good though...

50 nearly choked I think... hell I was feeling nervous just being a fan of Dre so I thought someone would choke and it was nearly 50.

Dre didn’t great only disappointment was I thought when he went to the piano and did “I Ain’t Mad At Ya” that was the moment for Pac hologram

...and take note it was anniversary of "I Ain't Mad A Ya" release and greatest album in history release AEOM

i was worried 50 was going to LITERALLY choke from whatever gravity was doing to him

k1000

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2022, 01:33:56 PM »
i was shocked too
https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.68072/title.questlove-shocked-dr-dre-could-play-piano-superbowl-lvi

is that the 1st time ever Dre played the piano in front of an audience? I already seen footage or bts but never during a concert

Orbyte

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2022, 03:05:53 PM »
is that the 1st time ever Dre played the piano in front of an audience? I already seen footage or bts but never during a concert
Yes.

mtbsm

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2022, 03:57:22 PM »
Would have been cool to have Storch on the keys

k1000

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2022, 10:59:54 PM »
Would have been cool to have Storch on the keys

Anderson .Paak was on the drums by the way.

mtbsm

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2022, 02:43:21 AM »
Anderson .Paak was on the drums by the way.

That was amazing

Zeccy

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2022, 06:41:36 AM »

The Predator

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2022, 12:29:03 AM »
What would of been amazing is if Dre had brought George Clinton out in the mothership at the end with Bootsy on the guitar.

Jay_J

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2022, 12:39:37 AM »
What would of been amazing is if Dre had brought George Clinton out in the mothership at the end with Bootsy on the guitar.

george clinton choice would be great. west coast hip hop wouldnt be here without him. but you know it was 13 minute and there were already 6 performers.

Teddy Loc

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2022, 03:49:45 PM »

Yes indeed Tempo2 and I enjoyed it. Greatness.

#NoDoubt