Author Topic: LL Cool J Reveals Xxplosive Was Originally For Him  (Read 286 times)

dnjp4life

Re: LL Cool J Reveals Xxplosive Was Originally For Him
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2022, 04:40:13 AM »
I agree with what others have said about Bishop Lamont in this thread.  It is a shame he never really blew up like Dre's previous protégés, and if the Detox album did come out when it was meant to it would obviously have given him a big push but when it comes down to it Dre obviously didn't think he had the potential to be a megastar and sell tons of records. 

It was a strange time in rap when he was coming up though, there were a few years when there was no new big rapper to emerge on the scene, music sales were declining a lot and there was no streaming platforms like there are available today, none of which would have helped an up-and-coming artist.

Back to the topic though, can anyone actually imagine LL Cool J over the Xxplosive beat?  I'm glad it never went to him.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2022, 04:48:37 AM »
"They call him big L'ly" type lyrics no doubt. That was an extra L for LL when he dropped that wack ass verse that was obviously written for Will Smith who didn't want it. LLL Cool J for real.

Bishop was definitely the greatest casualty of Detox not dropping 20 years ago because that would've been his push that introduced him to the world.

Wonder what he ghosted for Dre during that time?

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »
the overrating of bishop lamont in this thread is trippin me out

again, don’t get me wrong, i think he’s a dope emcee .. but he just doesn’t stand out from a pop culture perspective. for instance, if they played a song of his on the radio, most people wouldn’t be able to differentiate his voice from your average rapper

you couldn’t say the same bout snoop, xzibit, em, 50….they have voices that were instantly identifiable

bishop has the most standard voice.. no separation in that department

dre saw that, which is why he was basically just using him as a writer.

jman91331

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 08:47:32 AM »
That tempo damn sure didn't fit LL's style at all. If not Dre, then I would've liked King T's song over that beat to be released. As far as Bishop, he was dope and me and the hommies used to ride around to his Aftermath era mixtapes, but his style wasn't for everybody and maybe that's why he didn't pop. That and rumors that he was kind of an asshole towards people at the label, the Grow Up song that he leaked against Dr. Dre's wishes, but the nail in the coffin (imo) was once Slimm Da Mobsta came and everyone around Dre like D.O.C. Em and 50 feeling Slimm, it was over for Bishop.  Same thing y'all are saying for Bishop could be said for Jon Conner who to me is one of the dopest rappers Dre ever had over there but for some reason just didn't pan out.

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 08:50:00 AM »
That tempo damn sure didn't fit LL's style at all. If not Dre, then I would've liked King T's song over that beat to be released. As far as Bishop, he was dope and me and the hommies used to ride around to his Aftermath era mixtapes, but his style wasn't for everybody and maybe that's why he didn't pop. That and rumors that he was kind of an asshole towards people at the label, the Grow Up song that he leaked against Dr. Dre's wishes, but the nail in the coffin (imo) was once Slimm Da Mobsta came and everyone around Dre like D.O.C. Em and 50 feeling Slimm, it was over for Bishop.  Same thing y'all are saying for Bishop could be said for Jon Conner who to me is one of the dopest rappers Dre ever had over there but for some reason just didn't pan out.

jon connor = another dope emcee who never popped because the lack of star power and identifiable voice

actually, king mez was the rapper from the compton era i felt had star power, despite connor bein the better emcee

mez almost sounds like a rapper version of anderson paak 

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2022, 08:57:47 AM »
Now, those people you mentioned are the epitome of forgettable, no skill having MCs which is why they came and went. Probably why you like them so much as wack recognize wack and thinks its dope.

Bish on the other hand, you need a thuggish ruggish intellect to appreciate his rhymes and style. Easily one of the best out of the West since Pac left and far in excess of your favorite MC in pretty much every category you could choose (apart from probably voice, I'll give you that).

Speaking of voice, thats what made Pac Pac as his vocals just hit you in the chest. Matter of fact, lets thread that up real quick as I give your forum another stimulus package.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 09:07:20 AM »
Now, those people you mentioned are the epitome of forgettable, no skill having MCs which is why they came and went. Probably why you like them so much as wack recognize wack and thinks its dope.

Bish on the other hand, you need a thuggish ruggish intellect to appreciate his rhymes and style. Easily one of the best out of the West since Pac left and far in excess of your favorite MC in pretty much every category you could choose (apart from probably voice, I'll give you that).

Speaking of voice, thats what made Pac Pac as his vocals just hit you in the chest. Matter of fact, lets thread that up real quick as I give your forum another stimulus package.

i didn’t even say i like them u idiot

i said they have more star power .. u don’t even have the mental capacity to understand what i’m saying

“durrrr u like them more?! because you are whack like them!!!”

:retard:

being a good emcee doesn’t always translate to bein a megastar

get out your feelings n off bishop nuts .. even a funny mormon like u should know that some of the biggest acts ever in hip-hop have lacked any real emcee skills.