Author Topic: Entertainment Icon Snoop Dogg Acquires Death Row Records Brand from Blackstone  (Read 375 times)

catnip

The following users thanked this post: Safe+Sound

doggfather

brand means masters too?

the music too or just the name?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Safe+Sound

Yup it's official. Here's a link for Variety: https://variety.com/2022/music/news/snoop-dogg-acquires-death-row-records-1235176421/

"Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, however, a source close to the situation tells Variety that Snoop’s acquisition of the Death Row brand is the first part of a transaction that is expected to see him also acquiring some of the label’s music rights — his own and unspecified other artists. The source says the deal is expected to conclude in the coming weeks."

Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/snoop-dogg-death-row-records-new-album-dr-dre-suge-knight-1235090165/

AftermathBeats

Tha Row is Back ! 🔥🔥🔥

djole 213

Safe+Sound

First post from the official Deathrow Records IG since the deletion of all past posts:

Sccit

doesn’t own any of the old music……. yet

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
doesn’t own any of the old music……. yet

Where’s it say that

Sccit

Where’s it say that

he bought the brand .. that’s what it means

Safe+Sound

he bought the brand .. that’s what it means

From the Variety article:

"Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, however, a source close to the situation tells Variety that Snoop’s acquisition of the Death Row brand is the first part of a transaction that is expected to see him also acquiring some of the label’s music rights — his own and unspecified other artists. The source says the deal is expected to conclude in the coming weeks."

Sccit

From the Variety article:

so as of now the brand .. and potentially more coming up

Suga Foot

I'm pretty excited to see what he does with it.  It would also be cool to see Murder Was the Case OST on Spotify......

astra4322

I'm pretty excited to see what he does with it.  It would also be cool to see Murder Was the Case OST on Spotify......
He didn't acquired rights to masters and old material - only to logo, name etc.

Rubinho

First time I'm excited for something Snoop did in like 20 years. If he manages to get rights to old music and actually release it I will go nuts!

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

AftermathBeats

Daz also supports it