Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Still Negotiating 2Pac & Dr. Dre Albums After Death Row Deal  (Read 2347 times)

astra4322

Re: Snoop Dogg Still Negotiating 2Pac & Dr. Dre Albums After Death Row Deal
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2022, 03:46:36 AM »
I heard they finished the deal and "The Chronic" and Pac's albums are not included. It's a damn shame.

So Snoop owns rights to unreleased material (without Dre's vocals)?

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 04:17:01 AM »
Snoop doesn't own the rights to shit. He's shucking and jiving (as usual) and looking for a quick come up (as usual) and some online buzz (as usual) so he can sell subpar albums (as usual) and tacky merch (as usual) to die hard Stans (as usual) as the dub whips itself into a frenzy (as usual) like a bunch of wiggas playing out reverse race hate role plays (as usual).

Best believe Suge is sitting there scrolling through the feed like at this F'ery.

Why do you think he had to edit the iconic logo? All he's got is the name and the masters to his own DR albums. The rest is that Detox hype ropeadope tomfoolery y'all fall for again and again thinking he's going to resurrect 96 by walking up to Pac's urn and saying "Eh, cuh, lets ride on these here foos like we posed to!" and have ya man pop up like hot toast as the old roster reforms like Voltron.

Stop it, get some help.

astra4322

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 04:31:04 AM »
Snoop doesn't own the rights to shit. He's shucking and jiving (as usual) and looking for a quick come up (as usual) and some online buzz (as usual) so he can sell subpar albums (as usual) and tacky merch (as usual) to die hard Stans (as usual) as the dub whips itself into a frenzy (as usual) like a bunch of wiggas playing out reverse race hate role plays (as usual).

Best believe Suge is sitting there scrolling through the feed like at this F'ery.

Why do you think he had to edit the iconic logo? All he's got is the name and the masters to his own DR albums. The rest is that Detox hype ropeadope tomfoolery y'all fall for again and again thinking he's going to resurrect 96 by walking up to Pac's urn and saying "Eh, cuh, lets ride on these here foos like we posed to!" and have ya man pop up like hot toast as the old roster reforms like Voltron.

Stop it, get some help.

You really got serious mental issues.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 04:41:38 AM »
You really got serious mental issues.

quality posting.

I know y'all souls are still burning from the Dre ether I spat in the other thread so go head, I'll let you get some off because you're feeling some sorta way.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2022, 05:20:59 PM »
Snoop officially owns The Chronic  8)

"In a recent interview with TIDAL, the inimitable Doggfather provided some clarity on what exactly owning the Death Row brand means. In the process, he revealed he’s acquired Dr. Dre’s 1992 debut The Chronic, his own 1993 solo classic Doggystyle and the Above The Rim soundtrack, among others. As for 2Pac’s Death Row releases, he’s confident he’ll be able to wrangle those, too."

“To be in control of the brand means that I got all of the pieces that I need to do what I got to do, from the masters to the publishing, to the IP, to the label, to the logo, to everything,” he said. “It’s all mine. I’m able to move it around and do what I need to do with it. As far as 2Pac’s masters, 2Pac’s masters came back to him last year.

“But I got a great relationship with his estate, and I’m pretty sure we’re going to be able to work something out … to continue some Death Row 2Pac business now that Snoop Dogg is in control of Death Row. Same with Dr. Dre and The Chronic. I got The Chronic album. I got Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather, Murder Was the Case, Dogg Food, Above the Rim. I got all those records.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.68546/title.snoop-dogg-acquires-masters-to-dr-dres-the-chronic-other-classic-death-row-albums#

thegooddoc

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 07:09:55 PM »
If Snoop owns the right to release physical copies of the The Chronic, he doesn't own much.  Dre made out with the digital rights. 

astra4322

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 03:05:51 AM »
I was always wondering why we didn’t get even one Dre’s verse on Doggystyle. It was always a mystery for me. Do you have any clue why is that?

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 09:19:44 PM »
I was always wondering why we didn’t get even one Dre’s verse on Doggystyle. It was always a mystery for me. Do you have any clue why is that?

there was og version of tha next episode but i think it was pulled off the album due to sample clearance

The following users thanked this post: astra4322

AftermathBeats

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 10:39:06 PM »
Finaly,he got the masters

Safe+Sound

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 10:21:15 AM »
Nice  8)

And yeah, I hope we get Tha Next Episode maybe as a bonus track on a Doggystyle anniversary album??

escowino

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 07:56:50 PM »
I was reading this article interviewing Snoop: https://tidal.com/magazine/article/snoop-dogg-conversation-22/1-83691
and there's this part in the interview that got me smh:
"When we made these records, EDM and Latin wasn’t much. Now EDM and Latin run the world, and that’s with no disrespect; that’s with all due respect. Those genres have been working to become great for years, and now they finally reached that high point. What I mean by that is, look at Latin music. Look at J Balvin, Bad Bunny and Jennifer Lopez, Selena Gomez. Then look to the EDM community. Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Steve Aoki. Fuckin’ will.i.am. These genres are gigantic. So to be able to take Death Row music into those types of collaborations, it’s interesting. I may explore that."

Fuck no Snoop, we don't want that! We want unreleased music, or deluxe versions of albums with demo versions, unreleased songs, remixes, alt versions just like other genres of music do with their classic albums. Release these on CD and vinyl like other genres do, fuck NFT (whatever the fuck that is) and metaverse (whatever that is). That's what I want. We want quality mastering of the songs Wideawake put out. Damn, why do the people up top always have trouble giving the fans what they want!

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 12:12:43 AM »
I was reading this article interviewing Snoop: https://tidal.com/magazine/article/snoop-dogg-conversation-22/1-83691
and there's this part in the interview that got me smh:
"When we made these records, EDM and Latin wasn’t much. Now EDM and Latin run the world, and that’s with no disrespect; that’s with all due respect. Those genres have been working to become great for years, and now they finally reached that high point. What I mean by that is, look at Latin music. Look at J Balvin, Bad Bunny and Jennifer Lopez, Selena Gomez. Then look to the EDM community. Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Steve Aoki. Fuckin’ will.i.am. These genres are gigantic. So to be able to take Death Row music into those types of collaborations, it’s interesting. I may explore that."

Fuck no Snoop, we don't want that! We want unreleased music, or deluxe versions of albums with demo versions, unreleased songs, remixes, alt versions just like other genres of music do with their classic albums. Release these on CD and vinyl like other genres do, fuck NFT (whatever the fuck that is) and metaverse (whatever that is). That's what I want. We want quality mastering of the songs Wideawake put out. Damn, why do the people up top always have trouble giving the fans what they want!

snoop is the definition of an artist with no direction

he badly needs an overseer to point him in the right direction

he has a potential goldmine in his hands, but wants to make flash in the pan Mexican EDM NFTs

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 12:55:16 AM »
LOL and this in whom you place your faith?

Safe+Sound

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2022, 08:19:07 AM »
Well, it looks like despite what Snoop said about The Chronic, claims of ownership are false according to Dr. Dre's lawyer Howard King who spoke to Rolling Stone:

Snoop Dogg’s comments were construed online as he did acquire the 1992 LP as part of the Death Row deal; however, in a statement, Dr. Dre’s attorney reiterated that the producer-rapper retains total control of The Chronic.

“There are false reports out regarding ownership by Death Row of Dr. Dre’s The Chronic. Dr. Dre owns 100% of The Chronic,” Dre’s lawyer Howard King told Rolling Stone.

While The Chronic remains in Dre’s possession, Snoop Dogg did list off the impressive catalog of LPs he gained when he purchased Death Row, including many of his own standouts: Doggystyle and Tha Doggfather, Tha Dogg Pound’s Dogg Food, the Above The Rim and Murder Was The Case soundtracks, and Dr. Dre’s 1992 single “Deep Cover,” which marked Snoop Dogg’s Death Row debut. “I got all those records,” Snoop Dogg said (via NME).

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dr-dre-the-chronic-death-row-false-reports-1317448/

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »
Snoop Lyin, what else is new?