Author Topic: THE GAME: “Kanye Did More For Me In 2 Weeks Than Dre Did My Whole Career”  (Read 1928 times)

Okka

^ You go right ahead, take your time. Start from Ruthless. You moving the goal post from signing to producing won't help you either.

So you meant all the artists Dr. Dre has produced, there are more failures than successes?

Sccit

he’s just looking for a way to talk down on dr. dre because he dislikes him

The following users thanked this post: Okka

abusive

So you meant all the artists Dr. Dre has produced, there are more failures than successes?
I was just responding to the post that contributes Games success with Dre. I'm using the same logic to show how that's simply not true because there are others who Dre has worked with who haven't been successful.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

I was just responding to the post that contributes Games success with Dre. I'm using the same logic to show how that's simply not true because there are others who Dre has worked with who haven't been successful.

the word you’re lookin for is attributes bro .. the game was a mixtape rapper pre-dre. much like 50. we can speculate all we like, but we know where they both ended up.

abusive

the word you’re lookin for is attributes bro .. the game was a mixtape rapper pre-dre. much like 50. we can speculate all we like, but we know where they both ended up.
50 had two deals prior to Shady. One with Columbia and one with Land speed. He was tutored by Jam Master Jay and a ghostwriter for bad boy. Wanksta was a hit before Dre's In Da Club even dropped. Yet you attribute everything to Dre?

Sccit

50 had two deals prior to Shady. One with Columbia and one with Land speed. He was tutored by Jam Master Jay and a ghostwriter for bad boy. Wanksta was a hit before Dre's In Da Club even dropped. Yet you attribute everything to Dre?

so 50 was a superstar before dre?

:dead:

he had street buzz, but nothing he ever put out even charted until he signed wit shadt/aftermath

abusive

so 50 was a superstar before dre?

:dead:

he had street buzz, but nothing he ever put out even charted until he signed wit shadt/aftermath
He signed with Shady and had a hit with Wanksta. Nuff said.

Sccit

He signed with Shady and had a hit with Wanksta. Nuff said.

and it was only a hit after he signed

#thatdrestimulus

mtbsm

distinction here is that it was 50 who kept Game from dropped by Dre. So yes, without 50, Game would have been in that big pile of shelved artists that never popped.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:30:28 AM by mtbsm »

abusive

distinction here is that it was 50 who kept Game from being successful. So yes, without 50, Game would have been in that big pile of shelved artists that never popped.
50 didn't keep Game from being successful. I think you misspoke. Yes, Game would have been on the shelf due to Dre. Jimmy Ivonne put Game with 50 to get him off the shelf. Eminem signed 50 and he had a hit shortly thereafter with a song that Dre didn't produce. I'm still not sure why Dre gets all of the credit for all of this from you or why you're so offended that these facts are pointed out. Wack100 said it, Game has said it and JT has said it.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

and it was only a hit after he signed

#thatdrestimulus

Wrong. Wanksta was released in 02 after he dropped Guess Who's Back? which was popping on the streets due to him going at Jigga with "Be A Gentleman", dry snitching on "Ghetto Quaran", the Nas co-sign, people wondering who Banks was as he was spitting heat for an unknown etc.. and generally coming off a very real/bout it in the lyrics plus he was skilled with the pen and people knew his name from How To Rob which was a smash before he got shot/dropped. The cuts were all over mixtapes back in late 01/early 02 and thats what got him his deal with Em. How else you think he heard about it? Pure street buzz. GWB actually hit the billboard charts. An independent mixtape. Back then. With no advertising budget.

No Mercy, No Fear was up next and that featured Wanksta, Banks Victory, Till I Collapse and various compiled freestyles from the Clue, Doo Wop, Flex etc appearances from between Guess Who's Back dropping and the deal. Because Wanksta smashed it was repurposed onto the soundtrack for 8 Mile as an introduction to Shadys newest artist and the rest is history. No promo dollars spent because it was already a hit.

Fifs buzz pre deal is what got him to Shady, his mixtape grind is what kept it and selling headphones/beefing with everyone including Jimmy is what killed his career because Dre never messed with him anyway, he was Em's artist. Just listen to the horrendous mixing/mastering on his album for proof of that and how he always gave him third rate beats everyone else passed on and didn't cook up in the labs specifically for him like he did with Em.

If anything he gave Aftermath the stimulus in terms of profile, sales etc.. by taking the pressure off Em during that era. Dre had nothing to drop and 50 stayed in the press and was shouting out the label everywhere he went.

As for Game he was Bishop Lamont status till he was added to G Unit and Fif gave him those hits from Massacre, showed him how to make hooks and gave him a huge hike in profile due to being associated with the hottest clique at the time via his mixtapes which are still some of Games best and most focused verses to this day. Without the Fif cosign he wouldn't be worth the shoes he was standing in.

Y'all are too much trying to rewrite history.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

chtimixeur

I love Game to death, but let's keep it real, he's sayin' this 'cause Kanye been fuckin' with him lately. I'm startin' to feel he gave him that 7 million too though.
What?
Do you think Kanye's gonna give him 7 mil', just like that?!

abusive

Wrong. Wanksta was released in 02 after he dropped Guess Who's Back? which was popping on the streets due to him going at Jigga with "Be A Gentleman", dry snitching on "Ghetto Quaran", the Nas co-sign, people wondering who Banks was as he was spitting heat for an unknown etc.. and generally coming off a very real/bout it in the lyrics plus he was skilled with the pen and people knew his name from How To Rob which was a smash before he got shot/dropped. The cuts were all over mixtapes back in late 01/early 02 and thats what got him his deal with Em. How else you think he heard about it? Pure street buzz. GWB actually hit the billboard charts. An independent mixtape. Back then. With no advertising budget.

No Mercy, No Fear was up next and that featured Wanksta, Banks Victory, Till I Collapse and various compiled freestyles from the Clue, Doo Wop, Flex etc appearances from between Guess Who's Back dropping and the deal. Because Wanksta smashed it was repurposed onto the soundtrack for 8 Mile as an introduction to Shadys newest artist and the rest is history. No promo dollars spent because it was already a hit.

Fifs buzz pre deal is what got him to Shady, his mixtape grind is what kept it and selling headphones/beefing with everyone including Jimmy is what killed his career because Dre never messed with him anyway, he was Em's artist. Just listen to the horrendous mixing/mastering on his album for proof of that and how he always gave him third rate beats everyone else passed on and didn't cook up in the labs specifically for him like he did with Em.

If anything he gave Aftermath the stimulus in terms of profile, sales etc.. by taking the pressure off Em during that era. Dre had nothing to drop and 50 stayed in the press and was shouting out the label everywhere he went.

As for Game he was Bishop Lamont status till he was added to G Unit and Fif gave him those hits from Massacre, showed him how to make hooks and gave him a huge hike in profile due to being associated with the hottest clique at the time via his mixtapes which are still some of Games best and most focused verses to this day. Without the Fif cosign he wouldn't be worth the shoes he was standing in.

https://tenor.com/bhGxA.gif

Sccit

50 didn't keep Game from being successful. I think you misspoke. Yes, Game would have been on the shelf due to Dre. Jimmy Ivonne put Game with 50 to get him off the shelf. Eminem signed 50 and he had a hit shortly thereafter with a song that Dre didn't produce. I'm still not sure why Dre gets all of the credit for all of this from you or why you're so offended that these facts are pointed out. Wack100 said it, Game has said it and JT has said it.

what is 50s biggest hit and who produced it?

Sccit

wanksta didn’t chart til it was put on 8 mile ost

street buzz ≠ superstardom