Author Topic: KENDRICK LAMAR - MR. MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS (Official Discussion)  (Read 6240 times)

Sccit

Re: KENDRICK LAMAR - MR. MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:23 AM »
is the abortion track on here?

Young Old Head

Re: KENDRICK LAMAR - MR. MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS (New Album 5/13)
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2022, 09:18:21 AM »
where are u getting that its a double album?

i see 18 tracks at 73 min running time

fits on one disc

Vince Staples debut album Summertime 06 is also a double album with 10 tracks and about 30 min running time each, even though it woulda fit on one CD as well.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »
Vince Staples debut album Summertime 06 is also a double album with 10 tracks and about 30 min running time each, even though it woulda fit on one CD as well.

so not really a double album

unless u wana call xzibit man vs machine al double album .. there was a bonus disc that came with like 4 extra tracks lol

Young Old Head

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2022, 09:36:08 AM »
so not really a double album

unless u wana call xzibit man vs machine al double album .. there was a bonus disc that came with like 4 extra tracks lol

Of course it is: it's two discs, so literally a double album, lol. This was obviously done intentionally.

And Man vs Machine is a bad example since it's never been a double album but just a deluxe edition with a bonus disc like a lot of albums had and still have.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2022, 09:39:28 AM »
Of course it is: it's two discs, so literally a double album, lol. This was obviously done intentionally.

And Man vs Machine is a bad example since it's never been a double album but just a deluxe edition with a bonus disc like a lot of albums had and still have.

so any no limit release can theoretically be a double album

marketing ploy imo

Young Old Head

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2022, 09:46:47 AM »
Bro u totally missing the point, lol
It's not about the length of the album but the artist's intent of how u to listen to it.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2022, 09:50:48 AM »
Bro u totally missing the point, lol
It's not about the length of the album but the artist's intent of how u to listen to it.

i’m not missing the point at all

i literally just said it’s a marketing ploy

how u listen to it don’t really matter when everything is streaming nowadays

imo a legit double album should be so much music that it won’t fit on one disc .. that was the original purpose behind the double disc

Hellquist

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2022, 11:51:37 AM »
where are u getting that its a double album?

i see 18 tracks at 73 min running time

fits on one disc

I know it's odd to call it a double album with 18 songs, but on Spotify Premium it's disc one for the first nine songs and the disc two for the other nine. It's one of those classic double albums from the 1970s and early 1980s before CDs were a thing. Technically, it could be one disc. He did have a photo of the album with two discs in his hand. I don't what else to tell you.

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2022, 12:00:01 PM »
I know it's odd to call it a double album with 18 songs, but on Spotify Premium it's disc one for the first nine songs and the disc two for the other nine. It's one of those classic double albums from the 1970s and early 1980s before CDs were a thing. Technically, it could be one disc. He did have a photo of the album with two discs in his hand. I don't what else to tell you.

i understand

i guess things are diff nowadays than they were when we grew up in the 90s

doggfather

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2022, 01:22:22 PM »
he goes to world tour!  8) 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

So Much Style

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2022, 02:23:51 PM »
gonna listen more closely tonight but after a quick juvy skim i gotta say this homie is trying way too hard to be "artistic", this is hip hop pal. spit over some boom bap or westcoast rap.

To pimp a butterfly was perfect, this is more spoken word.
So much style back at it again

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2022, 02:29:54 PM »
gonna listen more closely tonight but after a quick juvy skim i gotta say this homie is trying way too hard to be "artistic", this is hip hop pal. spit over some boom bap or westcoast rap.

To pimp a butterfly was perfect, this is more spoken word.

i get the same vibe off kendrick .. that was my gripe wit him from day 1. he’s deep and has dope rhymes. as far as technicality goes, he’s goat level. but a lot of it comes off as contrived and lacks a certain level of feeling.

haven’t heard this one yet, but i’m assuming it’s a buncha ish like the heart part 5.

So Much Style

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »

i get the same vibe off kendrick .. that was my gripe wit him from day 1. he’s deep and has dope rhymes. as far as technicality goes, he’s goat level. but a lot of it comes off as contrived and lacks a certain level of feeling.

haven’t heard this one yet, but i’m assuming it’s a buncha ish like the heart part 5.

homie is kinda like nas, who is known for terrible beat selections....except kendrick is WORSE lol

he has dre and anyone else at his disposal and chooses to make something like this
So much style back at it again

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2022, 03:08:03 PM »
homie is kinda like nas, who is known for terrible beat selections....except kendrick is WORSE lol

he has dre and anyone else at his disposal and chooses to make something like this

but nas is on a whole nother level tho.. u can tell nas has a lot of soul in his shit and he really knows how to make a hot song even on mediocre beats

i still don’t think any kendrick album is classic

tpab is close but naah

Eddz

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2022, 03:43:51 PM »
I feel like the album was building towards something then after track 9 it kinda falls off with too much singer. First half of the album, or disc 1, seems stronger but I do like track 14 Savior.