Author Topic: KENDRICK LAMAR - MR. MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS (Official Discussion)  (Read 6273 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: KENDRICK LAMAR - MR. MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2022, 07:58:45 AM »
Who do you call genius recently in the rap game today?

That's a good question.. I don't think its fertile environment any more to produce a "genius" as far as new music goes. 

If we are talking a newer music I think Anderson Paak is someone in hip-hop you could maybe call a genius, I'm also fine with giving Kendrick that label.  I don't really listen to their new shit, or any new shit for that matter but I can recognize them both as genius talents.  I haven't seen Dre do anything genius since COMPTON, and I haven't seen Eminem do anything genius since MMLP2.  I consider Xzibit and Ras Kass to be genius.  Though the last time they put out anything "genius" was at least over 5 years ago.

I agree with ya'll that Quik was a musical genius but what has he done that is "genius" since Addictive with Truth Hurts? 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2022, 08:44:07 AM »
That's a good question.. I don't think its fertile environment any more to produce a "genius" as far as new music goes. 

If we are talking a newer music I think Anderson Paak is someone in hip-hop you could maybe call a genius, I'm also fine with giving Kendrick that label.  I don't really listen to their new shit, or any new shit for that matter but I can recognize them both as genius talents.  I haven't seen Dre do anything genius since COMPTON, and I haven't seen Eminem do anything genius since MMLP2.  I consider Xzibit and Ras Kass to be genius.  Though the last time they put out anything "genius" was at least over 5 years ago.

I agree with ya'll that Quik was a musical genius but what has he done that is "genius" since Addictive with Truth Hurts?

u might have a point wit paak .. his musical abilities are incredible

we just did a joint wit ras kass too

definitely genius stuff

Sccit

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2022, 11:05:57 AM »
did the abortion track make it on here?

i remember a poster here talkin bout he was there for the recording process and that it was a gem

mtbsm

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »
Haven’t digested it yet but looking forward to it. Saw an interview a Kendrick biographer gave. He said he thinks Kendrick’s done with music for a while and will focus on business moves next

thegooddoc

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2022, 07:30:07 PM »
the word genius gets thrown around too loosely

really, there’s dre and quik who u could make an argument for .. but neither really really applies their musical genius nowadays.

you complain that it is thrown around too loosely and then call DJ Quik a musical genius?   ;)  Quik is a west coast legend but not a genius.  He had a good run as a producer and produced some great songs, but there is no way that he is on the same level or even in the conversation with Dre. 

Currently, I would have a hard time naming any other rappers that are on Kendrick's level creatively.  The new album is not my favorite album by any means, but I would regard it creatively/artistically as one of the best albums in awhile.  It is just so dense that it is amazing that it is also a relative commercial success. 

Sccit

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
you complain that it is thrown around too loosely and then call DJ Quik a musical genius?   ;)  Quik is a west coast legend but not a genius.  He had a good run as a producer and produced some great songs, but there is no way that he is on the same level or even in the conversation with Dre. 

Currently, I would have a hard time naming any other rappers that are on Kendrick's level creatively.  The new album is not my favorite album by any means, but I would regard it creatively/artistically as one of the best albums in awhile.  It is just so dense that it is amazing that it is also a relative commercial success.

lol quik is a legit musician who even plays his own instruments .. dre is a better producer, but not as musical as quik .. u clearly aren’t that hip to quik’s ability if u say he’s just a “producer with a good run”

The following users thanked this post: Duckasuckin

doggfather

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2022, 04:42:42 AM »
interesting and strong album after a few listen, but i aint think its gonne be on my top 10 of the year.

this album is from the artist kendrik, not the rapper kendrick IMO.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

piccardt1

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2022, 08:24:23 AM »
did the abortion track make it on here?

i remember a poster here talkin bout he was there for the recording process and that it was a gem
no but mirror did :)

Eddz

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2022, 01:55:54 AM »
The more I listen to this album the more it grows on me. I can definitely see why some are calling it a classic.

Jay_J

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2022, 03:02:45 AM »
The more I listen to this album the more it grows on me. I can definitely see why some are calling it a classic.

i feel the same after a few spins.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2022, 06:59:54 AM »
Elevator music + music for the weak. Not for me.

Just read some comments on YT. People talking about crying while listening, having revelations and realising they were abused as child etc. This world became too corny and too fragile.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

The following users thanked this post: Matty

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2022, 10:33:28 PM »

siavash the grouch

Word up! That cat got some of the hardest production I’ve heard lately

Sccit

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2022, 10:40:07 PM »
Word up! That cat got some of the hardest production I’ve heard lately

i was talkin more bout the bars

the shit u sent today for the farzy loco battle

:exquisite:

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy