Author Topic: Whats your favorite flip of More Bounce To The Ounce?  (Read 409 times)

Whats your favorite flip of More Bounce To The Ounce?
« on: March 11, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »
For me its got to be:

Thats the vinyl version with the "New York City knows how to party" intro that was removed. When this dropped everyone thought he'd got the stems from Roger because of how well it was flipped. Had been done a million times before but Mo Bee perfected the joint:

Great glimpse of the samples he used to get that sound and that beautiful SP1200 crunch.

Daz did it justice too but I prefer the instru over the full song:

JJ didn't do anything revolutionary as he wasn't that kind of producer but you really can't go wrong with the bounce:

On the R&B tip I think Ralph killed it as the extra instruments and way it was flipped was so smooth:

Whats your pick? Dig in the stash and let me hear it.

BJV

Re: Whats your favorite flip of More Bounce To The Ounce?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 11:42:06 AM »
I never heard that intro before that was hella disrespecful just another sneak diss that Puffy and Biggie were known for. Trying to play it like Pac was the one causing everything but at the same time they were wearing jewelry stolen in the 1994 shooting/robbery in promo pics even after Pac had died.

It is the best flip though no doubt about that.

Everyone should check out the Zapp and Roger Troutman albums they were really talented musicians More Bounce aint even their best song to me.

The following users thanked this post:

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 03:59:41 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Duckasuckin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 06:56:53 PM »

dnjp4life

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 04:57:42 AM »
You Don't Work, You Don't Eat by WC and the Maad Circle is a favourite of mine.  I'm fairly sure its used on Vontel's album Vision of a Dream album on the track It's All Good, too.  I like the way it was used at the end of Area Codes by Ludacris as well.

Had to look on WhoSampled, its been lifted over 300 times at this point!

Funkstradamus

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 05:21:56 PM »
one of my favorites:

Funkstradamus

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 05:27:21 PM »

The Predator

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 05:54:35 AM »
The first time i ever heard the orginal was in 'Boyz N Hood' during the ball steal scene -

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 01:14:15 PM »
Wolfpac ft. BattleCat, Ras Kass, Dirty Rat, Kam & Tash - Still More Bounce

Vontel  - Funk Wit Dis  (More bounce interpolation right ?)   

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 01:20:09 PM by Fonky Fresh »
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

BIGWORM

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 09:13:13 PM »
^That Wolf-Pac is my favorite. I've been looking for version with B-Real on it. I had a snip it of it and it was fire. Also Kurupt's G-TV DVD I believe it came with a sample CD(i dont want to have to dig it up) that said there was also a version with Spice-1 on it. Unless it was a typo...

I heard the B-Real part but its a snip it song so it's only half and I didn't hear the Spice-1. Does anyone have this in full

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:22:31 PM by BIGWORM »

Safe+Sound

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 03:12:58 PM »
How has this one been overlooked?! This is one of them ONES.  8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 08:39:28 AM »
Yeah, Sccit posted the Snoop Bounce... that's got to be mentioned.. I'm surprised O.G. poster would make a thread like this and not include Snoop Bounce.. that was one of the better songs on a double platinum album.  Even my son loves that track and he's only 15. 

Shoutz also to Sccit for including the Bad Azz and Jayo Felony joints that were bangin singles I used to drive around in 98 when gas was only a dollar a gallon wearin out the speakerz with those two joints.  Great songs I put those top of the list as well..

#1 overall though is Biggie "Goin Back to Cali", I don't like Biggie and still ridin for Pac in 2022' but objectively speaking that shit is a banger heads and tails above all else, track is even larger than life in light of BIG being murdered going back to Cali...shit blows away the competition like it blew out the speakers
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)