Author Topic: Was NWA a Novelty Comedy Satire Group That People Took Literally And Ran With...  (Read 438 times)

abusive

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

HighEyeCue

no...at least it didn't start out that way but when Cube left the group there was a void that really wasn't filled and their topics started getting more satirical on their next album

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
no...at least it didn't start out that way but when Cube left the group there was a void that really wasn't filled and their topics started getting more satirical on their next album

I haven’t listened to this yet but I have to say you are right… It was comedy satire like dark comedy Richard Pryor type she I think what put it over the top and made it so great and made everyone take it serious was Dre’s production quality.  It was like as if somebody was doing dark comedy satire but it’s over Mozart then you’d have to take it serious
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

I initially said no based off of the question but he makes some great points that leads me to believe it may have been satire. I'm going to finish the video then come to a conclusion. Infinite, some of your same points have been made in the video.

I always felt like eazy became a character of himself with the 5150 project.

What Dre did with Eminem may be a clue.

h2k4

The video itself is satire. It's trying to dissect the group's sound or intentions from a place of privilege. While (initially) they had some very much on brand songs for the time period (upbeat dance records), they had songs that really resonated with people living in the hood. To say their music was 'comedy' is disrespectful to what they created and the trends they set.

abusive

NWA = Bobby Jimmy and the Critters on crack! 

1 fact, 1 opinion:

1) The murder rate in Compton in the mid 80s was off the charts high. Everything in the album from the dope dealing, banging, fast money, nihilistic lifestyle was all real even if they only witnessed it second hand, it was all around them thanks to Reagan and his dope drops to suppress the hood. Note they disbanded the Crack Cops in the mid 80s in an area absolutely flooded with rocks for no apparent reason other than to allow it to flourish and ravage the community.

2) The entire operation was a Psy-Op by the Feds to move rap into something more destructive and keep the prison complex filled and to neutralize the growing Black Consciousness movement. Look at how much handy dandy free press they got again and again and again to raise the profile as counter culture alternative to Public Enemy, BDP, Eric B and Rakim. LL Cool J when in reality NWA were the first plants in the game. Over the top, cartoonish violence, shock value trolltastic lyrics over exceptionally well produced beats. Literally music to drive by.

Actually thats 2 facts. The trajectory of rap, what labels push and what is popular to this day prove that. Genocide music. How many lives have been messed up, directly and indirectly, by these tunes and miss me with that "Its only music" because we all know you've got buck at some point in the 90s with a rap soundtrack that you simply wouldn't have done without it.

The shift was very harsh and abrupt, super obvious from the street lyrics woven with consciousness and uplifting people caught up in the struggle earlier to "Sell dope" (govt wins) "Shoot people" (govt wins) "Go to jail" (govt wins) with none of the positivity/unity that was a threat and could've birthed their dreaded Black Messiah aka 2Pac. What caused B+Cs to become a worldwide phenomenon? What is directly responsible for the current devolved state of rap? What do labels push more and more of? Who profits? Seeing a pattern yet?

Dee Tha AK

Gangsta Rap = PsyOP

Duckasuckin

1 fact, 1 opinion:

1) The murder rate in Compton in the mid 80s was off the charts high. Everything in the album from the dope dealing, banging, fast money, nihilistic lifestyle was all real even if they only witnessed it second hand, it was all around them thanks to Reagan and his dope drops to suppress the hood. Note they disbanded the Crack Cops in the mid 80s in an area absolutely flooded with rocks for no apparent reason other than to allow it to flourish and ravage the community.

2) The entire operation was a Psy-Op by the Feds to move rap into something more destructive and keep the prison complex filled and to neutralize the growing Black Consciousness movement. Look at how much handy dandy free press they got again and again and again to raise the profile as counter culture alternative to Public Enemy, BDP, Eric B and Rakim. LL Cool J when in reality NWA were the first plants in the game. Over the top, cartoonish violence, shock value trolltastic lyrics over exceptionally well produced beats. Literally music to drive by.

Actually thats 2 facts. The trajectory of rap, what labels push and what is popular to this day prove that. Genocide music. How many lives have been messed up, directly and indirectly, by these tunes and miss me with that "Its only music" because we all know you've got buck at some point in the 90s with a rap soundtrack that you simply wouldn't have done without it.

The shift was very harsh and abrupt, super obvious from the street lyrics woven with consciousness and uplifting people caught up in the struggle earlier to "Sell dope" (govt wins) "Shoot people" (govt wins) "Go to jail" (govt wins) with none of the positivity/unity that was a threat and could've birthed their dreaded Black Messiah aka 2Pac. What caused B+Cs to become a worldwide phenomenon? What is directly responsible for the current devolved state of rap? What do labels push more and more of? Who profits? Seeing a pattern yet?

Thinking a little too deep. Rap music was not a part of some psy-ops shit by feds to destroy black people. WE are responsible for destroying our own communities and WE created and used rap to speak what we knew about. All these posts but no factual information to support it.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

abusive

After watching the video I sort of agree. What I will say is that numbers don't lie. There are far more dance, party, battle rap songs in the NWA catalog than there are Gangster ones. Now I feel like they were stereotyped by the media and given the Gangster rap stigma.

Based on some of their symbolism such as the skull n bones, the red and black and the black and white that the group had used, I do believe that their is a conspiratorial component to the group. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they deserve the bad rap of creating Gangster rap via the CIA or any of those types of theories.

@Duckasuckin: Hip Hop itself has had a freemasonic hand on it if not from the start, definitely from early on. The term grandmaster is one that is used in the lodge, the various b boy stances used in breakdancing are freemasonic recognition poses, the knowledge of self concept which is the fifth element of hip hop is rooted in freemasonry. Not to mention the countless rappers who are freemasons. etc.

The following users thanked this post: Duckasuckin

abusive

What's the difference between dis and dis?

BJV

After watching the video I sort of agree. What I will say is that numbers don't lie. There are far more dance, party, battle rap songs in the NWA catalog than there are Gangster ones. Now I feel like they were stereotyped by the media and given the Gangster rap stigma.

Based on some of their symbolism such as the skull n bones, the red and black and the black and white that the group had used, I do believe that their is a conspiratorial component to the group. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they deserve the bad rap of creating Gangster rap via the CIA or any of those types of theories.

@Duckasuckin: Hip Hop itself has had a freemasonic hand on it if not from the start, definitely from early on. The term grandmaster is one that is used in the lodge, the various b boy stances used in breakdancing are freemasonic recognition poses, the knowledge of self concept which is the fifth element of hip hop is rooted in freemasonry. Not to mention the countless rappers who are freemasons. etc.

You lost me at their but regained my interest at conspiratorial. I'm learning all kinds of english tonight.