Author Topic: OCTOBER LONDON - THE REBIRTH OF MARVIN (Official Discussion)  (Read 845 times)

bigron

• Lil Geezy
OCTOBER LONDON - THE REBIRTH OF MARVIN (Official Discussion)
« on: April 04, 2022, 03:47:40 PM »
Snoop Dogg Presents: October London — The Rebirth of Marvin. does anyone got links to this ?

bigron

• Lil Geezy
Re: Snoop Dogg Presents: October London — The Rebirth of Marvin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 03:49:44 PM »
Set 1: The Hope
3 NFT Tracks: “Intro — Sensual Conversations”, “The Way You Move” and “Back to Your Place”,

Set 2: The Grind
4 NFT Tracks: “Rollercoaster of Emotions”, “Mulholland Drive (feat. Toi)“, “You Look Better” and “What I Won’t Do”.

Set 3: The Ascent
4 NFT Tracks: “Midnight Love Affair”, “The Lover’s Interlude“, “You Give Me Love (feat. Snoop Dogg)” and “Actor’s Remorse”.

anyone got links to these

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 12:32:06 AM »
when did it drop.. another nft project?

astra4322

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 12:43:14 AM »

Yes, NFT shit.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 08:20:04 AM »
April the first.

Need that track feat Latoyia Williams  produced by Soopafly

Its not on opensea, its on gala. No way to rip it like it was on opensea...

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 09:36:23 AM »
Great Album!

Safe+Sound

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 10:47:52 AM »
They're all sold out: https://music.gala.world/

$2,050 for 11 songs? Are you fucking kidding me??  :grumpy:
That's $487,000 total for a supply of 750 copies. Highway robbery.

Set 1: The Hope

3 NFT Tracks: “Intro — Sensual Conversations”, “The Way You Move” and “Back to Your Place”
    Available Supply: 300
    Price: $500

Set 2: The Grind

4 NFT Tracks: “Rollercoaster of Emotions”, “Mulholland Drive (feat. Toi)“, “You Look Better” and “What I Won’t Do”.
    Available Supply: 250
    Price: $750

Set 3: The Ascent

4 NFT Tracks: “Midnight Love Affair”, “The Lover’s Interlude“, “You Give Me Love (feat. Snoop Dogg)” and “Actor’s Remorse”.
    Available Supply: 200
    Price: $800

Source: https://medium.com/gala-music/snoop-dogg-presents-october-london-the-rebirth-of-marvin-1abb2617e6f9
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 10:59:31 AM by Safe+Sound »

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »
That's $487,000 total for a supply of 750 copies. Highway robbery.

And that's the sole reason Snoop is on the NFT train. Easy money get get from (some) people laundering money that aren't interested in the actual product. Shame that it's alienating his and Death Row Records' core fan base, though.

I'm a fan of Snoop's music, but he can fuck off with trying to rob off his fan base. Just look at his official YouTube channel. He removed a big chunk of content that he'll probable turn into NFTs soon, which will end up earning more money in the short term compared to what YouTube will pay him for his views. What he doesn't consider, NFTs don't build up hype and articles and message boards can't link to them if there's something that people actually feel. Just look at the "Crip Ya Enthusiasm" video, which generated a couple of million views. That one is gone and there is no way for casual listeners to share, find and discuss that song properly anymore = all buzz died. It's all about the Benjamins.

SniggidySnipes

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 03:37:25 PM »
Snoops riding the grift as long as he can. Look at all the Mixtape songs from 11 years ago he dropped on Opensea. Lots of the new songs they dropped aren't even mastered, just roughs edits. Who's got a track? Throw it up! It took him 2 seconds to water down the Death Row Records brand. I will forgive him if he starts to drop unleaked material from the vaults though.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 04:04:46 PM »
Damn i would like to have this one. But fuck nft...
The latoyia featuring is on it. Want this track so bad... i was thinkin it be on algorithm...

Safe+Sound

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 06:11:49 PM »
I think it's really short sighted to only have 750 copies available and charge that kind of money for them. Does October London really only want 750 people to own his album? It doesn't seem like a long game approach at all; just short term money grubbing and treating consumers like suckers. For years artists have complained about getting the short end of the stick when it comes to records deals and percentages. So now the move is to do the exact thing to consumers that was being done to you by the majors? It's hypocritical and sends a rather large "fuck you" across to us. We shouldn't be the ones paying the price for past grievances. I'm all for artists getting what's theirs for the work they put out but exploiting a trend at the expense of so many people is unethical. The least they should be doing over there is making it available to whoever wants to buy it at regular album prices since 100% of the proceeds are going to the artist. Back in the CD days - if an artist could ever get 100% of the retail price for a $18 CD, at 750 copies that would still only be $13,500 - and NO ONE got a deal like that. This shit here is jailhouse rape.

Rubinho

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 07:40:37 AM »
Who would have predicted gangsta rap would be something for rich folks ;D

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 08:57:13 AM »
snoop winnin at the fans expense

this needs more coverage from media outlets, i don’t think they realize how alienated ya’ll feelin rn

Matty

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 09:54:21 AM »
it's sad really, short-term thinking.

Ryan Lesie who is big into all this crypto stuff showed the model for how to monetize a fanbase while keeping everyone happy ages ago. build your own little community & tap directly into your fanbase. to limit the core product (music) to a certain # is just so short-sighted.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 11:03:06 AM »
London doesn't even have an instagram page anymore  :grumpy: