Author Topic: Are There Hadiths That Say Aisha Had Reached Puberty?  (Read 123 times)

abusive

Are There Hadiths That Say Aisha Had Reached Puberty?
« on: April 13, 2022, 08:04:12 PM »

According to the most popular English translation of Sahih al-Bukhari 476, Aisha had reached puberty before her marriage to Muhammad was consummated. According to the most popular English translation of Sunan Abu Dawud 4915, Aisha started to menstruate as she was being taken to Muhammad's house so he could consummate the marriage to her. But is this what these hadiths actually say in the Arabic, or are Muslim translators mistranslating passages? Moreover, are Muslim scholars like Jonathan Brown, and popular da-ees like Asadullah Ali Al-Andalusi, and Muslim organizations like the Yaqeen Institute deceiving their followers? David Wood and Al Fadi investigate.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Are There Hadiths That Say Aisha Had Reached Puberty?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 07:24:16 PM »
I hate when they do this.. this is a case of anachronism and you see this a lot these days.   And that's dangerous considering you have a woke mob out there supported by the media machine willing to tear down any and everyone.

Look, bottom line is that life expectancy in those days was only 25 years of age.  Not only that having children was more important in those days it was even a matter of survival of family and tribe to bear children.  So you can only imagine women getting married and having children at much younger ages.  It's not like they were going to highschool and college and attending prom and joining a sorority.  They were living in tents in the middle of the desert.  This is blatant anachronism.

As for the Hadith literature off the top of my head I think there is Hadith literature supporting the fact that though they married before puberty the marriage was not consummated till after puberty from what I've always heard, but if this guy researched it and said there is not then he's probably right, and I'm too lazy to google it.

What I will tell you though was Muhammad had to field many criticisms lobbied at him by his enemies and rivals during that era.  And the age of his wife Aisha wasn't one of them. 

All that being said I don't want you to think I'm just defending the Prophet Muhammad because he can do no wrong--Muhammad is not a God and it is forbidden in Islam to make false idol.  The Qur'an even makes mention of Muhammad making mistakes and reprimands him for frowning at a blind man who wished to speak to him (I think its in the 80th Chapter) so he is not above fault and this could also be a matter of fault for him, Allahu Alum
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 11:27:38 PM »
I hate when they do this.. this is a case of anachronism and you see this a lot these days.   And that's dangerous considering you have a woke mob out there supported by the media machine willing to tear down any and everyone.

Look, bottom line is that life expectancy in those days was only 25 years of age.  Not only that having children was more important in those days it was even a matter of survival of family and tribe to bear children.  So you can only imagine women getting married and having children at much younger ages.  It's not like they were going to highschool and college and attending prom and joining a sorority.  They were living in tents in the middle of the desert.  This is blatant anachronism.

As for the Hadith literature off the top of my head I think there is Hadith literature supporting the fact that though they married before puberty the marriage was not consummated till after puberty from what I've always heard, but if this guy researched it and said there is not then he's probably right, and I'm too lazy to google it.

What I will tell you though was Muhammad had to field many criticisms lobbied at him by his enemies and rivals during that era.  And the age of his wife Aisha wasn't one of them. 

All that being said I don't want you to think I'm just defending the Prophet Muhammad because he can do no wrong--Muhammad is not a God and it is forbidden in Islam to make false idol.  The Qur'an even makes mention of Muhammad making mistakes and reprimands him for frowning at a blind man who wished to speak to him (I think its in the 80th Chapter) so he is not above fault and this could also be a matter of fault for him, Allahu Alum

why is life expectancy so short in the quran? that’s so strange, in the torah some of the goats was livin to damn near to 1,000

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 11:44:36 PM »
why is life expectancy so short in the quran? that’s so strange, in the torah some of the goats was livin to damn near to 1,000

It's not about life expectancy in the Qur'an, or Bible, or Torah. 

I'm talking about life expectancy in the 7th Century.  The Prophet Muhammad lived in the 7th Century--that's not as long ago as you might think.  It was after Caesar, it was after Constantine.  Whether you were living in Jerusalam, or Africa, Europe, Asia--the life expectancy of the world at that time was only 20-25 years.

If a woman is only expected to be alive to the age of 20 she ain't waiting till her senior prom to have her first sexual experience.  She might not even make it to her senior prom, and I doubt they had senior prom in the tents and villages of Arabia in the 7th Century (though they did probably have a homecoming dance and football game)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 12:03:54 AM »
It's not about life expectancy in the Qur'an, or Bible, or Torah. 

I'm talking about life expectancy in the 7th Century.  The Prophet Muhammad lived in the 7th Century--that's not as long ago as you might think.  It was after Caesar, it was after Constantine.  Whether you were living in Jerusalam, or Africa, Europe, Asia--the life expectancy of the world at that time was only 20-25 years.

If a woman is only expected to be alive to the age of 20 she ain't waiting till her senior prom to have her first sexual experience.  She might not even make it to her senior prom, and I doubt they had senior prom in the tents and villages of Arabia in the 7th Century (though they did probably have a homecoming dance and football game)

i see .. makes sense

but after doing a little research, life expectancy was only 20-25 due to deaths at birth ….. for people who survived birth, it was 40-60

still doesn’t invalidate your theory, but it’s a bit of a difference still

abusive

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.