Author Topic: Snoop Dogg in studio with Above the Law during 'Black Mafia Life' recordings?  (Read 263 times)

dnjp4life

I've heard it said that Snoop Dogg was in some of Above The Law's studio sessions when they recorded their Black Mafia Life album, but wanted to know more info. 

Was Warren G tight with them and bring him through? And if so, how close was Snoop to being signed to Ruthless Records or is it just rumours?

I mean, we all know that the first proper track on Black Mafia Life has Hutch and KMG doing the "I'm not flagging, but I'm just sagging" rhyme which Snoop went on to use on Stranded on Death Row off The Chronic, also the Let Me Ride sample being used first on their album, and all the other similarities with people saying that Black Mafia Life is the first proper G-Funk album.

Gotta love that Black Mafia Life album  8)

Sccit

classic album

not sure tho, but i know big hutch is def the co-creator of g-funk

Okka

I know Snoop was supposed to be on the album. He was tight with ATL and still is. Same with Warren.

On a side note, did y'all know that Snoop battled MC Eiht and Tha Chill in High School?

Sccit

I know Snoop was supposed to be on the album. He was tight with ATL and still is. Same with Warren.

On a side note, did y'all know that Snoop battled MC Eiht and Tha Chill in High School?

yea mc eiht just posted that interview clip from snoop stating that on his ig