Author Topic: How Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine Destroyed Vishiss's Career (Hidden Story)  (Read 290 times)

Jay_J

I'm gonna tell you a story that not much people know. I'm sure ven mosf of you guys haven't heard about Spit Vishiss from detroit. He is from detroit, another white guy with blue eyes. He is also a good battle rapper. Check this out.

Anyway, he finally get some props in detroit hiphop scene after his sucesful street anthem "Killing Spree" was released. Check it out.

Then he got a deal with Dreamwork Records to release his debut album. Dremwork Records charged another unknown musician/producer to produce Vishiss's album. His name was Jonathan Rotem and he was still struggling to be known altough he produced 2 songs for destiny's child already. These two rookies had a good chemistry and did over 30 songs for the album together. On the other hand Vishiss met Sticky Fingaz and sticky offered him a role in his upcoming tv series called "Platinum" which has hip-hop industry based story. Vishiss were going to act an "eminem wannabe" talent to be a famous rapper in project. here's the poster of Platinum. Check it out.

So everything was looking fine for Vishiss, a deal with a well-known record company, a role in upcoming tv series and a good album which is about to be released. then somehow a copy of his upcoming album was reached to dr. dre by someone. Dr. Dre let Jimmy know about this talented new white guy with blue eyes from detroit. Also he is about to be acting eminem alike role in a tv series... Both Dre and Jimmy didnt like this. First of all Vishiss was really really talented, also no doubt he sounds like Eminem sometimes, his album was fire!!! ... Those days eminme were the most popular artist ever all around the world and what made him famous was "eminem was unique and cant be imitated"... Could vishiss be a competitor to Eminem in the industry? Even if he wouldnt be a competitor to eminem, he could harm Eminem's brand value i think. Because people would think there are white talents as good as eminem in the industry and Em is not that unique, or whatever. Anyway Dre and Jimmy type men doesnt like to tose up. They should do something very quick. So Dre made his first move and called Jonathan Rotem. he told him that he listened to vishiss project and loved his productions. He asked him to work with him, also dre liked one particular song of vishiss a lot and asked that beat for his upcoming solo album detox. Jonathan was waiting for this day for so long so he couldnt say no to any of dre's requests. Following years this young rookie were going to be a famous producer named JR Rotem who produced hits for Snoop, Game, 50 cent, busta rhymes, chamillionaire, rihanna, lil kim, gwen stefani and many others... After dre's move, Jimmy made his move and Interscope bouth Dreamworks Records. First they delayed all the projects going on under dreamworkds. 4 years later they shut down the company... oh also 8 episode of tv series are cancelled after a few episodes released. After all this vishiss went to La to find another record deal for his album which is done already but he couldnt even get into the companies. Doors were closed. You all guys know especiall in hip hop music industry, nobody can do anything if Moguls like dre, diddy, jay-z and jimmy let you do.

This story still gives me goosebumps and makes me think how music industry can be cruel. As i know today Vishiss, real name "Seth Holland" works in a fitness center in detroit and sings gospel in a Church choir. His fault was to be a white rapper from detroit and to be so talented. if he was an average rapper i think nobody would care. You know interscope and jimmy supported Bubba sparxxx back in the day because he had nothing to do with eminem. but he was talented as fuck to be considered.

on the first song of the album he talks about the comparison that people do between he and eminem. he says:

"Why you gotta compare me? I just wanna put down my shit.
You don't tell Styles to quit rappin? 'cause he sounds like Clipse.
I don't tell you how to be you, bitch, get out of my face.
You ain't tell Puff to quit rappin? back when he sounded like Ma$e.
You ain't say shit about Ying Yang when they sounded like Juve.
You ain't say shit about No Limit when they found the same groove. (Uh)
I think you need to take a look at yourself,
before I limit what I do because of somebody else.
And just barely I'm here for a year and nearly condemned.
They compare to Em? here because it's scary to them.
That there could possibly be another one that could fool with it.
At first I took it like a compliment I was cool with it.
But slowly it started to get on my nerves, past the point of return.
No more time for civilized words.
What you thought? No more white people were possibly tight?
You say I sound like Em? Well yeah, you're probably right.
This is how I sound. This is real life and in spite
of you, do you fuckin? idiots realize that I'm white?
Guess I just sound like I'm a white person, you might learn something,
If you listen to my sermon that I'm serving."

he definately shows respect to eminem and he writes good lyrics. whole song is good as fuck from start to end.

anyway i drop the link for full album so you can listen and witness sometimes it doesnt matter how talented you are and how much potential you have in music industry if they dont want you in the game. so here's the album.

also here's a diss song he recorded in following years which aims at em, dre and jimmy. check this out too.

thanks for reading. I think vishiss is an mc could be remembered. give him props please.

Sccit

interesting story, never heard it before

but watching the first 2 videos i gota be honest n say i don’t think dude really was built to make it.. not sayin his shit aint coo, but honestly (and u know this) it ain’t holdin a candle to em.. shit lowkey sound like spoof rap lol

good looks on postin this tho, i’ll look more into it because it might just be some nonsense dude made up to save face for failin 

Jay_J

interesting story, never heard it before

but watching the first 2 videos i gota be honest n say i don’t think dude really was built to make it.. not sayin his shit aint coo, but honestly (and u know this) it ain’t holdin a candle to em.. shit lowkey sound like spoof rap lol

good looks on postin this tho, i’ll look more into it because it might just be some nonsense dude made up to save face for failin

i advice you to listen to his album from start to end, also notice how good and promising the production is... you know JR became a top hip hop producer in years, what if they'd be still in touch to make albums together? this vishiss guy also can sing rnb hooks and bridges...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Interesting story but don't know if I'm really interested..

...can you give me the cliff notes version?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jay_J

Interesting story but don't know if I'm really interested..

...can you give me the cliff notes version?

its not that long bro... but let me summarise for you... vishiss is a white rapper from detroit and working with JR Rotem for his debut album, he is also about to act a "eminem wannabe" young rapper role in a hiphop based tv series. first Dre takes JR Rotem to his team and seperates them, then jimmy interscope buys dreamworks records and shelve vishiss album.

abusive

I think something similar may have happened to that rapper Astray. After Em signed him he disappeared. Some speculate that he's Em's ghostwriter.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 03:56:31 PM by abusive »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

I think something similar may have happened to that rapper Ashtray. After Em signed him he disappeared. Some speculate that he's Em's ghostwriter.

:dead:

abusive

Sccit

Make this make sense...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=541772534185421&id=100050580365478&set=a.206799147682763&source=48

mediocre miracle lyrical nonsense

if he was writing for anyone it was prolly someone like yelawolf at best

abusive

mediocre miracle lyrical nonsense

if he was writing for anyone it was prolly someone like yelawolf at best
Yet Em signed him.

Sccit

Yet Em signed him.

em signed a lot of mediocre artists

that’s why shady records ain’t poppin

abusive

em signed a lot of mediocre artists

that’s why shady records ain’t poppin
He signed him and shelved him. I think he got to close to Em's style so Em shut him down. That's my opinion.. I've always felt that they wanted em to have a monopoly on the "white" lyrical miracle rap sub genre.

Okka

He signed him and shelved him. I think he got to close to Em's style so Em shut him down. That's my opinion.. I've always felt that they wanted em to have a monopoly on the "white" lyrical miracle rap sub genre.

Do you listen to Yelawolf?

Sccit

but em wasn’t really a lyrical miracle rapper

he didn’t start that hippity hop bs til after his prime

The following users thanked this post: Okka